Original Peace Bringer Sound Effects Mod

Solarverse

Please refer to this thread for all future questions or comments.

Reverse the PB Sound Effect that was Recently Removed!

(Detailed Explanation)

Note: The zip file has been updated as of 3/20/2020

For starters, this is the "Hum" sound effect that was recently removed from the attack powers of the Peace Bringers. I was successful in undoing what was changed for those of you who were not too happy about the Sound Effect change, and created files to help you return the old Peace Bringer Sound Effects and set them up for your personal convenience. All "Hum" sound effects are now back where they were prior to the removal of the PB Sound Effects, with two minor alterations.

Now, this mod is not absolutely perfect, but it is very close. The Point Blank AoE's do not activate the Hum upon casting of the AoE powers, but rather require targets to be hit in order to hear the "Hum" sound effect produced by the two PBAoE powers. The reason behind this is because I only had the "Hit" files for those two powers, and not the "Attack" files. I am sure the attack files exist and if I ever find them, I will add those as well, but I could not locate them nor could I locate the sound bite for them; so the "Hum" effect is tied in to the "Hit" file instead. As long as you hit targets with your PBAoE, you will be none the wiser and it will produce the sound effect you have come to know and love. However, when standing alone and using the PBAoEs without hitting any NPC's, it will produce the same Sound Effect you currently experience in game today.

All of the other attacks work just as they did prior to the removal of the sound effects and have been successfully returned. You will be the only person who hears this, people around you will not hear the "Hum" sound effect. However, you will hear them not only from yourself, but from other players who are playing Peace Bringers as well; even though the other players will not.

Instructions (Destructions?)

• First, unzip the file beneath the instructions and open the folder.
  • Find your City of Heroes folder and open it up.

(If you see a Data Folder)

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder
  • Copy all files from opened Zip file and drag them to the Powers Folder
  • Close all folders and restart game

(If you do not have a Data Folder or any other folder mentioned above!)

• Inside the City of Heroes Folder...
  • Create a Folder and name it Data
  • Open the Data Folder and create another folder and name it Sound
  • Open the Sound Folder and create yet another folder and name it Ogg
  • Open the Ogg Folder and you've guessed it, create a folder and name it Powers
  • Copy all files from the opened Zip file that I have provided and drag all of the files to the Powers Folder
  • Close all folders and restart game

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the files from the Zip folder below and place them inside the Powers Folder. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

Zip file is below. Enjoy!

OG Peacebringer.zip

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thanks 3

I would also like to give a personal thank you to @Oubliette_Red for pointing me in the right direction and giving me a shove. If not for Red, I would have never been motivated to create this wonderful Mod for you folks! Thank you, Red! Much love!

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Well, you didn't let the grass grow under you feet it getting that done @Solarverse  😄

I wanted to play my Peacebringer again! Only way to get there, is to get there!  😄

matrix-code.jpg?w968h681

Just noticed (after playing on a team) that the sound effect is a bit over powering. I'll be adjusting the volume of the sound today. Please stand by until next post before downloading. If you have already downloaded, it's no big deal, you'll just need to open the Powers Folder, delete the Peacebringer files and replace them with the new incoming zip file.

@Display Name and @Oubliette_Red

Update: Files have been adjusted.

Edited by Solarverse

Since my Peacebringer is still level locked at 14 (wanting to do ALL the contacts/content on my way up to 50) I could only test the Gleaming Bolt, Glinting Eye and Radiant Strike attacks in Human form, along with the Nova form attacks, and they all had the requisite Peacebringer "whine/hum" sound on them after importing the sound files.  I think the volume balance is in a good place since the actual/original sounds put a bit too much emphasis/volume on the repeating whine/hum sound such that it tended to drown out other sounds, but this volume balance is just right where it needs to be because it isn't so loud that I can't hear anything else.

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

25 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Since my Peacebringer is still level locked at 14 (wanting to do ALL the contacts/content on my way up to 50) I could only test the Gleaming Bolt, Glinting Eye and Radiant Strike attacks in Human form, along with the Nova form attacks, and they all had the requisite Peacebringer "whine/hum" sound on them after importing the sound files.  I think the volume balance is in a good place since the actual/original sounds put a bit too much emphasis/volume on the repeating whine/hum sound such that it tended to drown out other sounds, but this volume balance is just right where it needs to be because it isn't so loud that I can't hear anything else.

Good deal. That's what I was hoping to hear. I can adjust the sound if it ever gets to be too much. Keep me posted! Glad you like it, @Redlynne. Thank you.

• Thanks 1