Salvage Rack Item Limit Increase?

Is it possible to update and increase the limit on Salvage Racks?  The limit of 100 items feels restrictive.  I have a 2 person supergroup, we're not even fully leveled up, and have been trying to use up salvage to make stuff, and all our racks are bursting as is.  Trying to sell stuff on the AH seems like a tedious process and selling things arbitrarily to a vendor hurts my sensibilities.  What if I need that piece of Brass later?!  Increasing to 250 would vastly increase the amount of stuff I could hoard!

• Like 1

I would love it. Personally, before I log off, I clean up my personal salvage as it's usually full. So I use the base Empowerment station to take every temp buff available (giving myself a 90 minute buff next time I log in). I need something to burn the salvage, as the 100 limit is too easily reached.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, foxmagik said:

increase the amount of stuff I could hoard!

That's the problem, you are hoarding.  The game drops way more exp/inf/salvage/recipe/enhancements then you will ever need.  Level 2 PL to 38, I got 70 TO/DO/SO filling the tray with increasing level numbers on that alt.  The salvage and recipes filled twice.  All of it ended up trashed or sold, I had no need for them.

What I am saying, unless the racks had insanely high storage capacity you will never have enough room.  There is too much being dropped before you will need to use it.

As for dealing for excess stuff, at a merchant or salvage/recipe screens, you can right click and a menu drops down; select a letter for Sell/Sell Stack  or Destroy/Destroy Stack.  On the flipside of buying from AH, dropping the recipe in will give you an option to "search for required salvage" with a single click to list all the needed components.

Everyone keeps asking for storage, but beyond enhancements you don't need anything else.  It's nice to have, but eventually it will become an annoying Where is Waldo mini- game to find stuff.  Players need to change their habits of collecting stuff (excluding badge), it will just be more time consumed to find things in large numbers of racks or scrolling lists, stuff just drops faster than it will be used.

Players can do what they want, but CoH crafting system is not an aspect I would not want to spend a lot of time with digging for components, slide bars, or dragging stuff around.

• Confused 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

You underestimate my organizational skills!

I will fully admit that I'm hoarding, healthy or not.  But there's an underlying self-sufficiency to it.  This is coming from the guy who just got done sorting piles of loot in a game of 7 Days to Die into its own organized and labeled box for use later.  I'm very aware of the limitations of an item and inventory system that was cobbled on to an aged game to give players something more to work on, having played throughout all the years of live, and it's a highly kludged system to begin with.  And yes, even an increase of rack size just means I'll spend a bit longer before I go about filling them all yet again.

It just seems that potentially increasing rack/storage size isn't a big ask that won't be game-breaking in any sense or affect people who don't care to play Sort The Racks!  There's maybe no good easy solution to fix an issue like this, but if a numerical value can be adjusted without breaking things, it's something we could consider as a suggestion.  I'm not expecting it to have to happen to make us hoarders happy, and have to work within the same limitations everyone else is dealing with.  But they put a suggestion box up on the wall and this is my contribution.  

They already provided a fantastic solution to the problem of having the right salvage when they bucketed it all together in the auction house. I keep a rack with the things i need for the recovery, recharge, and end drain resist base buffs i always run. Everything else gets vendored or ah'd. When I need other salvage I just buy it. I wouldn't go back to salvage hoarding if there were room for 1k/rack. 

3 hours ago, foxmagik said:

It just seems that potentially increasing rack/storage size isn't a big ask that won't be game-breaking in any sense or affect people who don't care to play Sort The Racks! 

Actually, is it a potentially game-breaking ask.  As I understand it, individual items stored in racks actually become base items as far as the game is concerned.  So greatly increasing the number of items per rack would likely have unfortunate consequences for the stability of bases.  The current limit on base items is only 20,000, which I assume includes a safety margin for the existing base storage limit of ~1800 items.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

That makes too much sense.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just have to go sell off some salvage, while drowning my dreams of a Scrooge McDuck vault style storage solution with a mexican-style icy beverage, which I can salt with my own tears of sadness...

• Haha 1