Is the avatar system working properly ?

Strangebird

Hi there, just wondering, is the avatar system working for the forum ?

I'm only asking cos i can't put my avatar on my profile, it says a message of error : "The following errors occurred when trying to save your profile : The avatar you have selected is either too large or not an avatar."

(It's usually possible with : "Profile", "Forum profile", "Upload an avatar", "Choose the folder", "Change profile".)

The image i'm using is not that big, actually it weighs 14Ko, which is very light... o_Ô

Just to know, what's the weigh of people using avatar (if there are) ?

In Game @Strangebird

Discord Strangebird#1125

• 2 weeks later

You can in fact upload an image to the server. Take a look at the source of my avatar image. You have to make sure it's less than 65 pixels by 65 pixels.

It'd be helpful if the size requirements were provided on the page.

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Yes, yes it would. There's still a few other things about this forum that could be optimized, but the team right now appears too busy to do it, and they don't appear to be taking volunteers....

I'm out.

You can in fact upload an image to the server. Take a look at the source of my avatar image. You have to make sure it's less than 65 pixels by 65 pixels.

Yep.  That works.  I resized my 80x80 image to 60x60 and it uploaded fine.

At least the forum search tool works.  I searched for "forum avatar" and this thread was the first result.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• 3 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Resurrecting this thread with an update for the new forums.

1. The displayed images are significantly larger on the new software.

2. You can upload larger images now.  Previously, they had to be 65x65 pixels or less.

I just uploaded a 130x130 image and it looks much sharper.  The forum software says your image can be up to .49 MB.  I didn't see the need to test that as my image is only 18 KB.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Well then, time to upload a larger version of the avatar I'm using now.

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

• Retired Game Master

And then click to expand that same cover photo......  

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/profile/111813-gm-fiddleback/

Just sayin'. 🙂

(Seems to open click better from the middle than sides...)

Edited by GM Fiddleback

"No, really. He's a GM. Don't ask me."

--The Entire Server, probably.