Ascendency of the Dominator +Dmg proc: stacking?

Dr Causality

I've been searching the forums with no luck.  Before I resort to testing on the Beta server, does anyone know if the 'Ascendency of the Dominator: +chance for +Dmg' proc is able to stack?  

Building on that:

• If used in an aoe power can it stack multiple times, from procing on multiple enemies?
  • In a single target power, if used prior to expiring from a previous proc will it?   
    • (a) stack the damage? 
    • (b) Refresh the 10s duration?  
    • Or (c) does it have a cooldown, lockout period between procs?
Edited by Dr Causality

1: it stacks. But due to recharge vs duration issues, I think that 3x is the maximum stack, and only for a short duration, and 1-2 stacks will be the normal if put in a single-target Hold.

2: used in an AoE power it can check multiple times to activate, but will only activate once per attack. Due to its high PPM it has a good chance to activate in a single-target attack so you'll get more total bonus out of it in a single-target attack. However, if you have a specific opening power that uses it like Flashfire and put it there, you can have an almost guaranteed activation at the beginning of your AoE blasting, which may be more helpful than getting more stacks but only once you're down to using your single-target attacks.

3: in theory it would work best in an AoE Immob, but that requires spamming an endurance-heavy power only to get the bonus, since with Domination you wouldn't need to use the AoE Immob at a rate faster than every 10 seconds. I personally would only consider putting it there in Electric Control or Ice Control, who might spam the AoE Immobs for the End Drain / -Recharge debuffing.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Coyote said:

1: it stacks. But due to recharge vs duration issues, I think that 3x is the maximum stack, and only for a short duration, and 1-2 stacks will be the normal if put in a single-target Hold.

I never seen stacking at all in any of my doms. PPM in theory will not make this happen.

Do you have a picture were it shows this proc stacking? Please post it.

1 hour ago, serxiom said:

I never seen stacking at all in any of my doms. PPM in theory will not make this happen.

Do you have a picture were it shows this proc stacking? Please post it.

Would be interesting to test.  Based on what Coyote said, it won't stack from a single activation of an aoe power procing on multiple targets.   So to test you'd need to make sure the power it's slotted in has well under 10.25s Recharge (after enhancement and globals).

PPM in theory will not make this happen.

Proc Per Minute is only a name, for what turns out to be just a much more math heavy and overly complex chance to proc system.  There's nothing in the formula to creates a hard limit on # of procs over a period of time.  And certain factors like global recharge on high cooldown powers influence proc chances such that they can severely exceed stated PPM values.  

Head over to the thread Bopper started to read up on it. 

(But maybe don't spend too much time building around it.  The collective nerf instinct is turning out to be surprisingly deep-seeded in this reboot.   So now that PPM is more widely understood and being built around, it's attracted the nerfer's ire..   Meaning it's tough to tell how much longer it will work that way.) :

Edited by Dr Causality

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later

Put it into my favorite single target control.  Mostly holds since the bonuses are juicy and I use purple sets on other controls.  

It stacks and typically I'll have 1-2 procs active at a time depending how often I use that control.  Not sure how it'd work in an aoe but I can see it not giving you the 5 max stacks that you'd want if you put it into say an aoe hold.  I tested out the winter hold set with the absorb shield hoping I'd get multiple application but I just got the one application so I wouldn't doubt this is how this proc would work in an aoe control as well.  

So quick test cuz I was curious. Each individual vine that spawns in Carrion Creepers is seemingly capable of triggering a damaging proc. This, however, is not a damaging proc. This a buff proc that applies to you the caster. Therefor it only has a chance to proc your initial cast of Carrion Creepers.

Thought I was being clever for a second there.