Outbreak tutorial...

Peacemoon

26 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Which is why I picked Spanish to learn.  It is much easier

SO-C-K-S

😉

I picked German for two reasons. (just learning any language as a brain exercise is my goal)

1) I liked the accent from movies

2) I did not want to have to "gender" inanimate objects.

Hmmmm.  I guess 1 out of 2 is about normal for me.  So... Hallo, ich bin Snarky.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I picked German for two reasons. (just learning any language as a brain exercise is my goal)

Hmmmm.  I guess 1 out of 2 is about normal for me.  So... Hallo, ich bin Snarky.

Well at least you're not a berliner (donut) like a certain 1960s president.

"Accent from the movies" - you mean the Received Pronunciation British accent that seems to keep showing up with German officers?

I did a German survey course once under the tutelage of a friend of mine.  I was fascinated with the cultures, but didn't click with the language, unfortunately.  Ironic, seeing as English is largely a fusion descendant of Latin and Germanic languages.  Just a limitation of mine, sadly, or maybe I'm a "Latin lover". 😉

If I do ever learn another foreign language beyond Spanish, I think I'd like go all in and learn one of the lesser spoken ones, like Scots Gaelic, or Cherokee.  The idea of helping to preserve a language has a certain appeal to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

Well at least you're not a berliner (donut) like a certain 1960s president.

"Accent from the movies" - you mean the Received Pronunciation British accent that seems to keep showing up with German officers?

I did a German survey course once under the tutelage of a friend of mine.  I was fascinated with the cultures, but didn't click with the language, unfortunately.  Ironic, seeing as English is largely a fusion descendant of Latin and Germanic languages.  Just a limitation of mine, sadly, or maybe I'm a "Latin lover". 😉

If I do ever learn another foreign language beyond Spanish, I think I'd like go all in and learn one of the lesser spoken ones, like Scots Gaelic, or Cherokee.  The idea of helping to preserve a language has a certain appeal to me.

Damned, any Garlic or Cherokee would be insanely hard.  Good luck with that

Funny enough in watching a LOT of German YouTube I learned the “Ich bin ein Berliner.” Is an acceptable and understandable way of saying you are from Berlin.  Yes, it is a donut. Also a city. 

The accent is tough.  About half of it (including the throat Rrrrrrr!) is pretty easy for me.  The other half is all tongue twisting madness.  I will keep at it.  Concentrating on umlaut right now.  I can say them, in an exaggerated fashion.  But hearing them, especially when they are short (which is a common natural thing) or the speaker is just going fast as a new york minute is a true bitch.   Well, it would not be a brain exercise if it were easy

On 4/7/2020 at 9:20 PM, Peacemoon said:

Also, I never realised Peacebringers could be so tanky, so this really intrigued me. 

... they are literally tanks! Back in the early game, peacebringers and warshades were the second-best tanks in the game!

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Damned, any Garlic or Cherokee would be insanely hard.  Good luck with that

Funny enough in watching a LOT of German YouTube I learned the “Ich bin ein Berliner.” Is an acceptable and understandable way of saying you are from Berlin.  Yes, it is a donut. Also a city. 

The accent is tough.  About half of it (including the throat Rrrrrrr!) is pretty easy for me.  The other half is all tongue twisting madness.  I will keep at it.  Concentrating on umlaut right now.  I can say them, in an exaggerated fashion.  But hearing them, especially when they are short (which is a common natural thing) or the speaker is just going fast as a new york minute is a true bitch.   Well, it would not be a brain exercise if it were easy

Speaking "Garlic?" is that a slight against Italians? (I can be "snarky" too! Or, should that be "Snarky Two"?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Paladin-6 said:

Speaking "Garlic?" is that a slight against Italians? (I can be "snarky" too! Or, should that be "Snarky Two"?

probably a typo

http://www.themindrobber.co.uk/gallery/dwm-447-every-dalek-ever.jpg

Edited by Scarlet Shocker
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Gaelic.  Lets blame autocorrect 

now I'm disappoint. I quite like the idea of an undead vampire conversant in Dalek

• Haha 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 4/13/2023 at 10:13 PM, Techwright said:

Which is why I picked Spanish to learn.  It is much easier

SO-C-K-S

😉

On 4/13/2023 at 10:41 PM, Snarky said:

Spanish vampire you say?

He's Cuban but ssshhh

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

On 4/14/2023 at 4:44 AM, Paladin-6 said:

Speaking "Garlic?"

Ah, Garlic.  First spoken by the Halitosians thousands of years ago.  Believed to originate in the Middle East.  It's a flavorful language, bursting with spicy words and phrases, but some people turn their noses up at it.

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 4/14/2023 at 2:42 AM, Snarky said:

Damned, any Garlic or Cherokee would be insanely hard. 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:10 AM, Snarky said:

Gaelic.  Lets blame autocorrect 

I choose to see it as a Freudian slip.  Garlic would indeed be insanely hard for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

A Tale from Outbreak

The Doctors soft smile and warm tone disappeared.  “Don’t you please me.  When the Fury Virus struck back in 02, and that whole section of the city was quarantined, I was in there doing everything I could both as a medical doctor and with the powers that I was given to save them, to cure them.  And I couldn’t, none of us could.  And once they completely turned and got to that out-of-control state we couldn’t do anything, but we still tried, and many of us died in there trying until the military was called in, normal people like you and their solution was to open fire to stop them from breaking out and when that failed, they freaking napalmed the place.  And all we could do was soothe their pain until they died.” 

• Like 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)