Outbreak tutorial...

Peacemoon

Just doing the ouroboros introductory storyline (at 50, yeah I’ve been preoccupied..), and of course, these days I set it to +3/8 for the challenge.

And then I find myself in the old Outbreak tutorial fighting hordes of contaminated at level...1! Interesting!! And talk about a flashback, WOW!

All I can say is thankfully I had a full tray of inspirations (these mobs didn’t drop any, or give any xp!), and being a dark/dark controller helped a lot too.

On a bright note I got the isolator badge for my hardship, another thing I forgot about. 

I love how this game sneaks up on you sometimes!

• Like 7

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Roll a new toon, trek through Outbreak to Coyote, and then set it to +4/8 .  Level 6 contaminated moshpit of goons in a tiny map when you enter that door, have fun.

• Like 2

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

My own experience with Outbreak's Contaminated had lead me to believe that they're constantly level 1.  Other players have demonstrated that's not the case, though.  Sorry for shooting off at the mouth.

Original message for posterity:

Actually, nope, Outrid!  Contaminated can only be Level 1.

I know, since I use a special technique to service other players:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/12679-rapid-isolator-badge-and-taxi-services-available-on-everlasting/

And, yes, DougG.  100 defeated Contaminated to get Isolator.

Edited by ArchVileTerror
Apology added.
  • Like 1

I got isolator, but was there another badge as well? I can’t remember now. But I have reached a wall with the shivans in atlas park. Radiation attacks counter my -hit dark so badly.. I might have to lower the diff

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Peacemoon said:

I got isolator, but was there another badge as well? I can’t remember now. But I have reached a wall with the shivans in atlas park. Radiation attacks counter my -hit dark so badly.. I might have to lower the diff

Just to finish the story, a Thermal/Archery defender called Suncrow and a talented peacebringer (whose name I forget, sorry!) who kept switched between a tanking hulk and nuking alien came to my rescue. Between the 3 of us we took down the +3/8 Shivans! We all got the Man/Woman in Black badge before we finished. As a Dark/Dark controller I might actually use that...

Also, I never realised Peacebringers could be so tanky, so this really intrigued me. 

Retired, October 2022.

1 hour ago, Peacemoon said:

In Outbreak tutorial there is just Isolator...I suppose you could get some of the damage given and damage taken badges, but that would be mentally...damaging.

• Haha 2

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I seem to remember a second secret badge for the contaminated, now that it was mentioned. But perhaps I am misremembering it?

Retired, October 2022.

Not as authoritative as it used to be, but I don't recall any changes to this since HC went live, and I've been here since June last year...

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Contaminated - Only Isolator is listed.  I go for it everytime...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I think you are right. I just remember spending a lot longer in Outbreak on live trying to get that badge! Of course it wasn’t set to x8 then..

Retired, October 2022.

On 4/7/2020 at 11:05 AM, ArchVileTerror said:

Actually, nope, Outrid!  Contaminated can only be Level 1.

I know, since I use a special technique to service other players:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/12679-rapid-isolator-badge-and-taxi-services-available-on-everlasting/

And, yes, DougG.  100 defeated Contaminated to get Isolator.

I must be crazy than, but their level can change.  Can post screen shots tomorrow when I get home or you can try upping settings to confirm my sanity.  I know their level can be shifted, maybe not their strength level.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

1 hour ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Unless the Contaminated in the Ouroboros mission are different than the Tutorial Contaminated?  The ones in the Tutorial zone and instanced missions are always Level 1; even if the mission is level 10+4 (just tested it).

Must be, they definitely conned red to me as level 4s. The tutorial zone provably isn’t effected by notoriety

Retired, October 2022.

3 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Weren't there contaminated in some of the low level Redside arcs? 

No, they're Infected, which is something else, unfortunately. 

There is one single contaminated mob who spawns by the tram station in Recluse's victory. Every hour. Thanks, Devs.

20 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

there is a blueside ouro arc for it though? 

Weird I did all the low level ones I thought for my Stalker, but don't remember it coming up.  

It’s the introduction to Ouroboros arc. In order to demonstrate what was then a shiny new feature called ‘temporal scaling’, one of the Menders send you back to Outbreak as a level one to give you an extreme example. 

The map counts as an outdoor mission and is sort of effected by notoriety. Only the kidnapped NPCs and the final area in the office are effected by bigger team size notoriety setting. However there are no bosses or lieutenants in that villain group, so it’s just a load of minions. 

Retired, October 2022.

27 minutes ago, Lines said:

No, they're Infected, which is something else, unfortunately. 

There is one single contaminated mob who spawns by the tram station in Recluse's victory. Every hour. Thanks, Devs.

I think I’ve seen some contaminated spawn in Atlas Park near the southern wall by Back Alley Brawler, but now I can’t be too sure they weren’t infected now that you mention it?

Retired, October 2022.

1 minute ago, Peacemoon said:

It’s the introduction to Ouroboros arc. In order to demonstrate what was then a shiny new feature called ‘temporal scaling’, one of the Menders send you back to Outbreak as a level one to give you an extreme example. 

The map counts as an outdoor mission and is sort of effected by notoriety. Only the kidnapped NPCs and the final area in the office are effected by bigger team size notoriety setting. However there are no bosses or lieutenants in that villain group, so it’s just a load of minions. 

Can you repeat that one over?

Just now, Haijinx said:

Can you repeat that one over?

I don’t think you can, but you can definitely hop into someone else’s mission and help them. 

The final mission is a shiva raid on atlas park which also gives a defeat badge. I got some help and got it one sweep with the mission set to x8. Shivans use radiation, which is rare for mobs, and super deadly.

Retired, October 2022.

If you can’t find anyone to do it with I should be online tonight (UK time) and happy to run the arc again with an alt to help you out!

Retired, October 2022.

5 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

I must be crazy than, but their level can change.  Can post screen shots tomorrow when I get home or you can try upping settings to confirm my sanity.  I know their level can be shifted, maybe not their strength level.

When I get 2XP buffs from the P2W vendor in Outbreak, the mobs attacking Flower Knight will be level 2 or possibly higher after running everything in the mission at double XP.   Not sure if they can spawn higher than that in Outbreak itself; all XP in Outbreak proper comes from completing missions rather than defeating Contaminated which give no XP. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

No, this is not photo shopped.  +4/+8 with the character at level 1.

contaminated.png.069dfee83bbd4554e5989cbeac75a6a5.png

At level 6, with 5s towards the back of the map in Coyote's mission to rescue Flower Knight.  Its also a lot of goons at +8 group size.  I also didn't mean outside the mission, I am never clear on what I am saying a lot of

Isolated badge also count from the ones in the mission, best off finishing the mission then running to the hazard area to finish it off at level 2 for that extra little bit of damage.  Brutes also excel at it, Rage increases damage for the Origin powers so you can 1 shot them and use you single attack to get the second.

On 4/8/2020 at 2:32 AM, The_Cheeseman said:

There's a way to get to the original Outbreak zone by exploiting Long Range Teleport. It may or may not be why my villain character has Isolator...

Do tell, we just love gossip

Edited by Outrider_01

48 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

No, this is not photo shopped.  +4/+8 with the character at level 1.

contaminated.png.069dfee83bbd4554e5989cbeac75a6a5.png

At level 6, with 5s towards the back of the map in Coyote's mission to rescue Flower Knight.  Its also a lot of goons at +8 group size.

I just confirmed this with a new level 1 char on Torchbearer.  They wiped the floor with me.

(edit: I captured video, but I can't share it, so... 😞)

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer