Sharditis?

VV

Okay, you hear a lot about Altitis (I don't actually have that), but does anyone else have SHARDITIS??? I really enjoy playing on all the different shards of Homecoming. Haven't made it to Reunion, yet, but I will. I am really glad we have the easy shard-jumping options. I keep at least a couple characters on each shard, at least one 50. But, sometimes depending what is happening where, I like to swap them around. I have taken to putting a tag in the description of each one to remind me which server I am on while logged in.

The Global shard-specific channels are great. That way if I am on one shard and see something interesting happening on another, I can swap over. I encourage people to include those channels when recruiting appropriately.

Each shard definitely has its own style, no two are alike. It is subtle, but there is definitely a different feel to each one. Each good. Each shard has different preferences about how they run and what they run, so by shard-hopping, I can indulge whatever impulse I have at the time.

The only thing I really wish is that we could have cross-shard supergroups, but I realize that is probably impossible and certainly improbable. Not a biggie, though, I'm glad enough for the plentiful shard-switching tokens we get.

Anyway, any other Shardhoppers out there? Shardaholics unite!

• Like 1

I started on TB when it was the most popular but recently switched. I switched all of my characters to the same server as I prefer keeping them together. I mostly played on two servers on live, but I honestly tend to just stick to one these days. Partly because it is easier to have a crafting character who can dump IOs for other characters into a SG versus sending them in e-mails.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

My regular SG lives on Excelsior.  I solo or team with other friends and HC Discord folks on Everlasting.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

. . . I read the title of this thread as "Shard Tits" . . . 

*coughs anxiously*

ANYWAY!

I used to Shard-jump all the time on Legacy!  I started on Victory, moved to Guardian, spent a little time on Liberty and/or maybe Champion?  I can't really remember ( https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/298-how-about-server-nomads/ ).  Mainly since there were so few character slots, and I had SO MANY CHARACTER IDEAS.  (nothing's changed:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/10583-vileterrors-roleplay-characters-as-of-2019-09-27/ )  I even tried Virtue time and again, but the roleplay there just never clicked with me.

Eventually, though, I pretty migrated permanently to Pinnacle with the introduction of City of Villains (yeah, I did most of my Shard-jumping PRIOR to Issue 6).  The roleplay on Redside there was pretty fantastic, all things considered.  Virtue may have held the crown for roleplay, but Pinnacle was the scheming roleplay viscount with a blade ready to plunge in to the regent's spine.

Nowadays?

Everlasting.

Like . . . 100%, basically.

5 hours ago, VV said:

Okay, you hear a lot about Altitis (I don't actually have that), but does anyone else have SHARDITIS???

Kaopectate might help with that.  Maybe some Beano, too.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Funny you bring this up.  I decided to have my global name on every shard so nobody can impersonate me and so I can check out other people and play-groups.  There is now an EmmySky sentinel on every shard!  Of course, my original on Indom is 50+1, but the babies are all 12 on the other shards except Reunion because its 4 hours past my bedtime and there was no blue DFB lol.

If you see Emmy running around somewhere, drop a howdy at me!

I’m not a huge role player myself, but I like coming up with concepts and stories for my characters, and like playing with others who have done similar. So I always played on Virtue on live and now Everlasting here. I did flirt with Reunion, because I’m from the UK and that is the unofficial European server, but I didn’t like the thought of not playing on the RP server. I might give Reunion another go if I decide I want to join a SG or community.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone