ATO Swap

Techno

The Brute sets are more valuable than the scrapper sets and the sell quite quickly. If you list the superior Brute ATOs for just over 17 million each then you'll sell them for 18 or more. You can buy the scrapper ATOs for 9 million each and catalysts for 3 million each. After you've paid the auction house fees you'll have made 4 million inf for ATO giving you a total profit of 50 million.

If you still want to go ahead with a swap then I'll be happy to help.

22 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

The Brute sets are more valuable than the scrapper sets and the sell quite quickly. If you list the superior Brute ATOs for just over 17 million each then you'll sell them for 18 or more. You can buy the scrapper ATOs for 9 million each and catalysts for 3 million each. After you've paid the auction house fees you'll have made 4 million inf for ATO giving you a total profit of 50 million.

If you still want to go ahead with a swap then I'll be happy to help.

Someone do the math and let me know if I will make >50mm profit on this trade.  I'm gonna get more coffee.

Who run Bartertown?

2 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

Have I mucked up the maths?

Actually I reckon a reasonably ebil marketeer could make considerably more than 50mm on the deal but I didn't want to set unreasonable expectations. I'm hoping we can lure@Techno into the ebil club by offering some low hanging fruit.

It just depends on what the Brute ATOs sell for. If they sell for 18 million and the Scrapper set is 9 million each, it's just over 43 million profit after the market's 10% cut. If you made a mistake anywhere it was not accounting for the 10% fee. 

Edited by MunkiLord

I think misunderstood Yomo's comment. I think he was joking that @Techno was asking us to do his homework.

Still, the more I think about it, the more I should have just said "of course I'll be happy to help. Please send me your ATOs while I roll around in my inf pile. Do you have any friends who'd like to swap the brute ATOs.".

Edited by Gremlin
Typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

I think misunderstood Yomo's comment. I think he was joking that @Techno was asking us to do his homework.

Still, the more I think about it, the more I should have just said "of course I'll be happy to help. Please send me your ATOs while I roll around in my inf pile. Do you have any friends who'd like to swap the brute ATOs.".

Actually, I was asking someone else to do the homework for me!  It seemed like a profitable swap on the surface (I don't deal in the superior market -- not enough volume) but since I don't get out of bed for less than 50mm, I was hoping one of you could let me know how profitable it actually was.

Who run Bartertown?

8 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

But @Yomo Kimyata is right though, it is profitable in that way, with @MunkiLord's numbers.  

Just now, Yomo Kimyata said:

Actually, I was asking someone else to do the homework for me!  It seemed like a profitable swap on the surface (I don't deal in the superior market -- not enough volume) but since I don't get out of bed for less than 50mm, I was hoping one of you could let me know how profitable it actually was.

As @Yomo Kimyata mentioned, it's low volume, but the margins are bigger.  Separately, it's tedious to catalyze then unslot.  Sometimes that tedium is worth 4 million each.  Sometimes its not, depending on how much sleep I had.