Quaterfield Level Cap Update

Elegy

So I remember y'all changed the level floor on Positron TF to be lower. Is there any chance y'all would be willing to change Quaterfield to run at 45 level cap instead of 44 so that players still have access to their level 50 stuff while exemplared? It'd be a big change to the way the TF plays for sure but it's the least run or at the very least one of the least run TF's ever because of everything else already going on in it, and a bunch of the Shadow Shard TF's were updated while the game was live to be less miserable, though mainly Faathim's. I think it's definitely worth considering, and is presumably possible in light of the Positron change. Lemme know what's up.

Honestly?  Part of the challenge (for the Task Force that never ends!) is having to play it WITHOUT any Incarnate slots being active.

I say ... leave the Level Cap on Dr Q where it is at 44.

Besides, the Dr Q Task Force was created in an era (Issue 1?) long before Incarnates became a thing, and so consequently it isn't inherently (or otherwise) "balanced" for the Power Tsunami that occurs when Incarnate slots gets factored into things.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Yeah it was added in i2 iirc, but they updated a lot of Shadow Shard stuff over the years on live after realizing a lot of i was originally not very fun, like Faathim not having a way to call him and no portals to each zone. Later in the game, Faathim TF was updated to remove the simultaneous glowie activation. Additionally, the Shadow Shard was introduced as end game content and every single other TF there runs at level 50, and has already been subject to the power creep from incarnate abilities while still remaining as some of the longest TF's in the game.

It'd be a big change to Quaterfield, yes, but there's just not many people running it cause of the way it is currently. On live the devs had already made changes to other Shadow Shard features to make it more playable, and I think Quaterfield will still be plenty long even w/ access to incarnate powers.

Just did Dr. Q last night and I was 45. Don't know if that was because the cap was raised or because of an Incarnate Level Shift. But I used my Incarnate powers (Clarion and Cimerora pets).

Oh okay that's awesome last I heard it was still 44 but I'll check that out, ty

Just did Dr. Q last night and I was 45. Don't know if that was because the cap was raised or because of an Incarnate Level Shift. But I used my Incarnate powers (Clarion and Cimerora pets).

I saw you recruiting for that, how many people actually joined you?

• 5 weeks later

When my team ran it last week we were all 45 - but we were all also level shifted so not sure if that was why. Doc Q was stupidly easy... just tedious - we completed it in 2 hours. It's quite easy if you have a leader who delegates people where to go for the kill x at Y missions beforehand.