DP/Ninjitsu

FiveDiamondJack

• 2 weeks later

I came up with the following, but I can't say it's from experience.  Never played this AT, and never played /NIN.  I have run DP on a Corr, however.

If anyone wants to comment on build, I'm open to suggestions.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

DP-Ninjitsu: Level 50 Natural Sentinel

Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols

Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Concealment

Ancillary Pool: Ninja Tool Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Dual Wield -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(3), Dmg-I(5), Dmg-I(11), Dmg-I(36), EndRdx-I(43)

Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(17), DefBuff-I(25)

Level 2: Empty Clips -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(3), Dmg-I(5), Dmg-I(9), Dmg-I(36), RechRdx-I(43)

Level 4: Danger Sense -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(17), DefBuff-I(21)

Level 6: Suppressive Fire -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(7), Dmg-I(7), Dmg-I(9), Dmg-I(31), Hold-I(40)

Level 8: Shinobi-Iri -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 10: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)

Level 12: Bullet Rain -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(13), Dmg-I(13), Dmg-I(15), Dmg-I(31), RechRdx-I(40)

Level 14: Swap Ammo

Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(37)

Level 18: Executioner's Shot -- Acc-I(A), Dmg-I(19), Dmg-I(19), Dmg-I(21), RechRdx-I(29), EndRdx-I(40)

Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23), Heal-I(34), Heal-I(36), Heal-I(37)

Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23), RechRdx-I(25)

Level 24: Stealth -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 26: Piercing Rounds -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(27), Dmg-I(27), Dmg-I(29), Dmg-I(31), EndRdx-I(39)

Level 28: Bo Ryaku -- ResDam-I(A)

Level 30: Invisibility -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 32: Hail of Bullets -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(33), Dmg-I(33), Dmg-I(33), Dmg-I(34), RechRdx-I(34)

Level 35: Tashibishi -- Slow-I(A)

Level 38: Kuji-In Retsu -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39), RechRdx-I(39)

Level 41: Paralizing Dart -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(42), RechRdx-I(42), Hold-I(42), Hold-I(43), RechRdx-I(46)

Level 44: Kemuridama -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), RechRdx-I(45), RechRdx-I(45), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(45), ToHitDeb-I(46), ToHitDeb-I(46)

Level 47: The Lotus Drops -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(48), Dmg-I(48), Dmg-I(48), Dmg-I(50)

Level 49: Misdirection -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50), RechRdx-I(50)

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(15), EndMod-I(37)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 14: Chemical Ammunition

Level 14: Cryo Ammunition

Level 14: Incendiary Ammunition

------------

I made some guesses with this.  I don't know if there's any point in having two PBAOE placates, but it seemed fun to try.  You could definitely make some changes like picking up a travel power at 8, taking Shinobi-Iri at 24, drop Stealth and Invisibility, take something else at 30.  Then you'd probably take Blinding Powder at 35, push back Tashibishi (Caltrops) to 41, Paralyzing Dart at 44, Kemuridama at 47, and then whatever you want at 50.  (Doesn't make much difference at that point.)

Formerly Negative_Man on the CoH forums (I'm more positive nowadays)

"I don't want it to appear that I'm willing to settle for anything. No-one likes a zombie without standards." -UnknownSubject

With sentinel they have a opportunity bar which fills and then causes two attacks to have different effects. In the case for DP the skills pistols and dual wield each have there own effect, pistols get a damage buff and dual wield gets a healing from skill use, this is from my experience playing Sentinel. If your thinking of making a build for sentinel you might need the first 2 powers from the first power set. 

you might need the first 2 powers from the first power set.

I understand what you're saying.  I'm just not sure where to pull the slots from for an 8th attack.  :-\

Edit:  Also, I'm not sure how important Blinding Powder is because I've never used it (or seen it used).

"I don't want it to appear that I'm willing to settle for anything. No-one likes a zombie without standards." -UnknownSubject

In my experience, Defensive Opportunity is kind of a dud, so I'd probably skip Dual Wield and just take Pistols, maybe?

Global: @Reiska, both here and back on live.

I was Erika Shimomura and Nagare Yuki on Virtue during the Live era.

Now I play on Everlasting. 🙂

You want Pistols over Dual Wield.  If you can fit Dual Wield in to trigger Defensive Opportunity, cool.  Yet, Pistols triggers Offensive Opportunity, and you really want that. 

Shinobi-Iri buffs all your defenses.  Fully enhanced, it isn't a lot, but you can squeeze nearly 2% more out of it.  It adds up for /Nin which doesn't hit 45% as easy as /SR.  Shinobi-Iri puts you into stealth and it suppresses when combat starts.

I prefer Kemuridama for a toy over Blinding Powder.  Kemuridama is placate which is kinda neat.  Blind Powder, Misdirection and Kemuridama is overkill.  Pick one.

Bo Ryaku is worth enhancing a little or using for set mules. 

Otherwise, the presented build here isn't a bad start.

Shinobi-Iri puts you into stealth

So I just discovered this in game... it's a stealth power!  :-[  I suppose there's no point in taking Stealth/Invis because it says it "doesn't work" with other stealth powers?  I wonder what to replace them with??

I appreciate the insight on the other powers.  That's the kind of feedback I was looking for to make the build better.  I suppose I can pull some slots out of paralyzing dart and move some stuff around to slot up Shinobi-Iri and Bo Ryaku. 

Thanks again.  ;D

I dunno how the sets would play together, but I have to admit I like the pairing thematically.

Please don't talk about this one anymore, lest I create another alt.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

So I just discovered this in game... it's a stealth power!  :-[  I suppose there's no point in taking Stealth/Invis because it says it "doesn't work" with other stealth powers?  I wonder what to replace them with??

I appreciate the insight on the other powers.  That's the kind of feedback I was looking for to make the build better.  I suppose I can pull some slots out of paralyzing dart and move some stuff around to slot up Shinobi-Iri and Bo Ryaku. 

Thanks again.  ;D

You're welcome! 

I decided not to skip DW.  So I have both Pistols and DW.  Which is fine since I am not IO'ed to the gills.  I can pick and choose which Opportunity I want.  For now, this is my generic plan for all Sentinel primaries.  I basically just take everything and lean on the Offensive Opp power *most* of the time. 

Power pool wise, I went with Fighting for Tough & Weave and Speed for Hasten only.  You have no need for a travel power.  Shinobi-Iri is a stealth power, defense power, and travel power all in one.  It doesn't stack with movement effects outside of the passive Fitness effects, Sprint, and Ninja Run.  With all those basic things going plus Shinobi-Iri you're moving pretty fast.  Shinobi-Iri is part of the reason I made the character.  It's just fun!

Bo Ryaku is a bit late but closes the KB hole of Nin which was a huge surprise to me. 

For the epic pool, Of course Ninja tools is what I want. I'm slotting my Caltrops to cycle it as damage.  I don't need it, but I want it.  I took the hold, kept it at 1 slot.  You can use it with Suppressive Fire though which is also interesting.  Then Kemuridama is my last choice.  It's mostly a recharge mule, but I also like that it is an AoE Placate.  Plus it's smoke bomb which no ninja worth their jika-tabi leaves home without!

You have no need for a travel power.

I worry a bit about being the last one to the mish.  I didn't want to be "that guy".  I thought about taking Teleport, but it does better with a bit of slotting, which I can't really spare, and it's too expensive to use unslotted while running several toggles. 

So I have both Pistols and DW... Power pool wise, I went with Fighting for Tough & Weave and Speed for Hasten only.

Show build?

I can pick and choose which Opportunity I want.

Where can I get detailed info on the Inherent?  Someone told me it was "weird".  I guess he was right.  :-\

EDIT:  new build!

DP-Ninjitsu version 2: Level 50 Natural Sentinel

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Leadership

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Pistols -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(3), Dmg-I(5), Dmg-I(11), Dmg-I(34), DefDeb-I(45)

Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(17), DefBuff-I(25)

Level 2: Empty Clips -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(3), Dmg-I(5), Dmg-I(9), Dmg-I(36), EndRdx-I(43)

Level 4: Danger Sense -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(17), DefBuff-I(21)

Level 6: Suppressive Fire -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(7), Dmg-I(7), Dmg-I(9), Dmg-I(31), EndRdx-I(40)

Level 8: Shinobi-Iri -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(43), DefBuff-I(46)

Level 10: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)

Level 12: Bullet Rain -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(13), Dmg-I(13), Dmg-I(15), Dmg-I(31), EndRdx-I(39)

Level 14: Swap Ammo

Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(37)

Level 18: Executioner's Shot -- Acc-I(A), Dmg-I(19), Dmg-I(19), Dmg-I(21), EndRdx-I(40), RechRdx-I(40)

Level 20: Kuji-In Sha -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23), Heal-I(36), Heal-I(37), Heal-I(37)

Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25), RechRdx-I(29)

Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)

Level 26: Piercing Rounds -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(27), Dmg-I(27), Dmg-I(29), Dmg-I(31), EndRdx-I(36)

Level 28: Bo Ryaku -- ResDam-I(A), ResDam-I(46)

Level 30: Tough -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 32: Hail of Bullets -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(33), Dmg-I(33), Dmg-I(33), Dmg-I(34), RechRdx-I(34)

Level 35: Weave -- EndRdx-I(A), DefBuff-I(43), DefBuff-I(45), DefBuff-I(46)

Level 38: Kuji-In Retsu -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(39), RechRdx-I(39)

Level 41: Tashibishi -- Slow-I(A), Slow-I(42), Slow-I(42), RechRdx-I(42)

Level 44: Paralizing Dart -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(45)

Level 47: Kemuridama -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), RechRdx-I(48), RechRdx-I(48), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(48), ToHitDeb-I(50), ToHitDeb-I(50)

Level 49: Maneuvers -- EndRdx-I(A), DefBuff-I(50)

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(15), EndMod-I(23)

Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)

------------

The idea is to [eventually] slot invention sets into the attacks for more defense bonuses. 

What do you think?

Show build?

I can pick and choose which Opportunity I want.

Where can I get detailed info on the Inherent?  Someone told me it was "weird".  I guess he was right.  :-\

At work, so no Pine's. 

Pistols will trigger a self buff for some minor damage increase.  Dual Wield will trigger a self buff for sustain increase (hits generate some health and endurance).  They both apply a target debuff that makes enemies easier for everyone to hit and damage.  It's minor but has a chance to "critical" and have a bigger effect. 

The weird part may come from juggling which effect you want in the moment (I don't find it weird at all, but I'm probably alone here).  I feel pretty comfortable with my endurance use most of the time because I don't tunnel vision on cycling my attacks early on like I might with a finished build.  My expectations of character performance are also often pretty freaking low until pre-50.  So there's that too.  ;) So far, I have leveraged Offensive Opportunity more.  It's a minor damage boost to me and it is OK. Not amazing, but OK. Especially while leveling, I do like triggering Defensive at times.  This is why it is hard to view an endgame build where I skip one.  So far I have found use for both. 

I may completely change my mind when I have everything I want, but for now I plan to take everything from the primary and most of the secondary.

• 3 weeks later

Thanks again.  ;D

Put a Stealth IO in the Stealth Power Shinobi-Iri and you'll be fully invisible all the time, until you attack.

I'd like to share my end-game build for Woo. It may give you some ideas about yours.

I went with Psionic over Ninja Tool because Link Minds rocks and control purples are cheaper than damage purples and Mass Hypnosis can help set up a brawl that is so much fun to watch...

For the attach chain I'm going Pistols->Piercing->Executioner's->Suppressive. For AVs though Pistols->Piercing->Pistols->Executioner's. I am looking into ways to get my hasten closer to perma, but I think this is workable for now... now I just need to get some time off work so I can actually play rather than just work on builds on the train...

Woo: Level 50 Magic Sentinel

Power Pool: Sorcery

Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Pistols

• (A) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage
  • (15) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (15) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (17) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (25) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 1: Ninja Reflexes

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (9) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (9) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 2: Danger Sense

• (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (13) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 4: Boxing

• (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Recharge/Chance for Hold

Level 6: Shinobi-Iri

• (A) Celerity - +Stealth
  • (39) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (40) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 8: Swap Ammo

Level 10: Kuji-In Rin

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 12: Suppressive Fire

• (A) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (40) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (43) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge

Level 14: Maneuvers

• (33) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo

• (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (17) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Recharge

Level 18: Executioner's Shot

• (A) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (19) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (19) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage
  • (21) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (21) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 20: Kuji-In Sha

• (A) Aegis - Resistance/Recharge
  • (23) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
  • (23) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Recharge
  • (25) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance/Recharge

Level 22: Tough

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP
  • (34) Unbreakable Guard - Resistance/Endurance

Level 24: Weave

• (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 26: Piercing Rounds

• (A) Superior Opportunity Strikes - RechargeTime/Chance for Opportunity
  • (27) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (27) Superior Sentinel's Ward - RechargeTime/Chance for +Absorb
  • (29) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (29) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime

Level 28: Bo Ryaku

• (A) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance
  • (31) Aegis - Resistance
  • (31) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (31) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 30: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (40) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 32: Hail of Bullets

• (A) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (33) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance
  • (33) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (34) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge

Level 35: Blinding Powder

• (A) Coercive Persuasion  - Contagious Confusion
  • (36) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Endurance
  • (36) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (36) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Confused/Recharge
  • (37) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Recharge

Level 38: Kuji-In Retsu

• (A) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 41: Mass Hypnosis

• (A) Fortunata Hypnosis - Chance for Placate
  • (42) Fortunata Hypnosis - Sleep/Endurance
  • (42) Fortunata Hypnosis - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (42) Fortunata Hypnosis - Accuracy/Sleep/Recharge
  • (43) Fortunata Hypnosis - Sleep/Recharge

Level 44: Dominate

• (A) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage
  • (45) Unbreakable Constraint - Endurance/Hold
  • (45) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (45) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Hold/Recharge
  • (46) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold/Recharge

Level 47: Link Minds

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (48) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (48) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime
  • (48) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (50) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (50) Reactive Defenses - Defense

Level 49: Mystic Flight

• (A) Winter's Gift - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Swift

• (A) Run Speed IO

Level 2: Health

• (A) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • (3) Numina's Convalesence - Heal
  • (3) Regenerative Tissue - +Regeneration
  • (5) Miracle - +Recovery
  • (5) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
  • (7) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Jumping IO

Level 2: Stamina

• (7) Performance Shifter - EndMod

Level 8: Cryo Ammunition

Level 8: Incendiary Ammunition

Level 8: Chemical Ammunition

------------

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

I dig it, Zepp.  IO enchancers will help in Hasten to get down near perma.  I think you might still have something like a 1 second downtime.  Not a huge deal. 

Do you use Suppressive on non-AV targets due to the hold?  Pistols has the better DPA especially if you swap the enhancements and put the Apocalypse there.

There are a couple of chains you can change up too also (this is for anyone interested).

You can turn off Incendiary Ammo -> Piercing Rounds (applies -9.6 resist debuff) -> turn on Incendiary Ammo -> Pistols -> Executioner's Shot -> Pistols. 

My lazy way is to keep Incendiary Ammo on all the time.  Piercing Rounds (5pc Opportunity + Annihilation -Resist proc) -> Pistols (Achille's Heel proc) -> Executioner's Shot (5pc Apocalypse + Heel proc) -> Pistols. 

Of course this means not pushing out the range by frankenslotting the ATO's.  That is something I'm ok with personally, but I just want to throw out the above for sake of discussion.

Edit: I ended up completely dropping the Ancillary pools.  As much as I wanted them, I just can't bring myself to put in the additional toys which is a little bit of a bummer.  I've come to accept the lower values of /Nin as just a general weakness and stopped worrying about 45% soft capping with it.  My current plan is at 42%.  With Hail of Bullets as an opener from Stealth I'm at 52% for 5 seconds.  I can drop Bullet Rain and Empty Clips within that time frame to cause more AoE damage.  If I really feel like I need a defensive follow up, Blinding Powder is -7% to hit.  Once I can add Barrier into the mix, the smallest value of that closes my defense gap.  Plus with Perma-Hasten I can heal every 18 seconds. 

So DP/Nin can actually be a hell of a lot safer than it looks if you choose to play it more actively.  Also Shinobi-Iri + Stealth makes it even more safe to engage.  This is something I was also testing with Dark/Regen using the IO and Stealth to drop Blackstar as an opener.  In short, It works.

Ninjitsu is a peculiar defense set as it has control elements and other active elements to make it less passive than most defensive sets. It is like SR with toys...

I don't use Suppressive on AVs because you will lose the control mitigation as you won't be able to maintain it, and you will also get more -def by replacing it with pistols. I might go ahead and switch the slotting on Suppressive and Pistols to get more bang. I like the idea of throwing in the Heel and Annihilation procs, but for boss fights you are probably better off with straight ammo. There are so many fun powers in there it is hard to make room for everything...

Also, did you notice the amount of +spd set bonuses I managed to slide in there... trying to get fast enough that you don't need a travel power...

Also, did you notice the amount of +spd set bonuses I managed to slide in there... trying to get fast enough that you don't need a travel power...

I did notice that!  I don't use a travel power.  I actually don't use it on many ATs anyway because of Ninja Run, but yeah Shinobi-Iri is nice all around. 

I've lost some of my love for Suppressive Fire.  I keep it, but it has less use for me when running Ammo which I've done since I unlocked it at level 8.  Since Suppressive gains no added damage it takes a back seat, and the hold just isn't long enough for me to care. 

There is something to be said about turning ammo off and using the default secondary effect, but I feel no need to do it.  If you run normal Ammo, Suppressive's DPA is actually better on paper and makes it more worth while to use.  Incendiary Ammo makes everything else higher though Dual Wield vs Suppressive is a bit more competitive vs it being a washout.  That's without considering proc opportunities which Dual Wield can win on.  One of my build ideas stuffed procs into DW and it had a lot of potential.   

This got me thinking though.  Suppressive's DPA isn't "bad". Especially for normal ammo.  In fact with normal ammo Suppressive's DPA is better than Piercing Rounds and Dual Wield (substantially more so for the latter).  So maybe I need to see if a Pistols -> Suppressive -> Pistols -> Executioner or Pistols -> Executioner -> Pistols -> Suppressive would be better with normal ammo.  For most things not a Boss, that answer is probably "yes".  That chain loses out on the normal Ammo resistance debuff of Piercing and the potential debuff of Annihilation.  So it is likely the faster attack chain won't be better against Boss+ since on normal ammo Piercing is a guaranteed -9.6 resistance (assuming none of that is resisted by their resist value, which it will be for AVs). 

However, if the powers that be did allow Suppressive to gain damage from Incendiary Ammo, it would be a buff to that power and make a a quicker animating chain likely better in all situations unless you really needed that resistance debuff (so virtually only EB/AV).  I'd love for Sentinels to have a unique attack chain for DP vs what everyone has.  Suppressive Fire has the potential to do that, especially with normal ammo, but those debuffs in Piercing Rounds are strong reasons to keep it as a priority power. 

I doubt I'll change where I'm at with my build right now, but these are definitely things to consider.  I also hope it is obvious I am just thinking out loud, and that this thought process is aimed at pretty tough targets.  My build has all the DP and Nin powers.  In actual play, I seriously do use all of them.  I open with Hail, and follow up with Bullet Rain/Empty Clips.  With Incendiary running virtually 24/7 since it removes the knockdowns/backs which I personally don't care for in favor of the damage-over-time element.  For clean up, I just fire off the fast attacks like Pistols, DW, and Suppressive.  If an enemy has a sliver of health left, I don't shoot them with an Executioner's Shot (no matter how fitting that is) and just hit them with Pistols. 

The only time a "real" attack chain really matters is against targets tough enough to survive the sequence in the first place.  Otherwise just cycle what isn't on cooldown and pepper everything with follow-up shots. 

This is just to Let everyone know here, I did some testing and the superior version of opportunity strikes 5 set rchg bonus does not apply itself in Pines or In game But the Non-superior version does I tested this in game and in pines. Was just mostly letting Oldskool know you cause you could free up one slot by only slotting haste with 2 instead of 3 if you use non superior. Would still have perma Haste then. Its definately a Bug though i hope they fix cause your still -2.5% rchg of what ya could have from the superior set.

This is just to Let everyone know here, I did some testing and the superior version of opportunity strikes 5 set rchg bonus does not apply itself in Pines or In game But the Non-superior version does I tested this in game and in pines. Was just mostly letting Oldskool know you cause you could free up one slot by only slotting haste with 2 instead of 3 if you use non superior. Would still have perma Haste then. Its definately a Bug though i hope they fix cause your still -2.5% rchg of what ya could have from the superior set.

Are you using 5 other purple sets with a 10% recharge already?  That would be one reason why the Superior doesn't show up and the standard does (it's 7.5%). 

Because I pulled up Pine's and emptied my 5pc ATO socket and my global recharge dropped by 10%.  So Pine's does register the Superior Opportunity set bonus.  I haven't gone on Justin yet to see if there is a bug.  There could be, but see if you're overlapping set bonuses in Pine's. 

Ok just wanted to share my build so far and when i say my build this is actually a Modifcation of someone elses build. Oldskool thanks for help and advice.

I think im just having hard time deciding between Barrier Core and Ageless Core Incarnate whats you guys thoughts on this and build critique more then welcome.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 2.22

GrimFate: Level 50 Mutation Sentinel

Ancillary Pool: Electricity Mastery

Hero Profile:

• (A) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (3) Overwhelming Force - Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (45) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (50) Decimation - Chance of Build Up

• (43) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 2: Dual Wield

• (A) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (17) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 4: Empty Clips

• (A) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (9) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (39) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range

Level 6: Suppressive Fire

• (A) Superior Sentinel's Ward - RechargeTime/Chance for +Absorb
  • (7) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (7) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage
  • (40) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (42) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (42) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 10: Shinobi-Iri

• (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (11) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)
  • (36) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range
  • (45) Blessing of the Zephyr - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/Endurance

Level 12: Bullet Rain

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (13) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance
  • (13) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (15) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (15) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 14: Kuji-In Rin

• (A) HamiO:Ribosome Exposure

• (31) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge
  • (37) Performance Shifter - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (45) Performance Shifter - EndMod

• (19) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (19) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (34) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (36) Apocalypse - Damage

Level 20: Danger Sense

• (21) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (21) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (40) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime

Level 22: Kuji-In Sha

• (A) Panacea - Heal
  • (23) Panacea - Heal/Endurance
  • (23) Panacea - Hea/Recharge
  • (29) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
  • (34) Panacea - Heal/Endurance/Recharge

Level 24: Hasten

• (25) Recharge Reduction IO

• (27) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (27) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage
  • (31) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (31) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (50) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

• (A) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
  • (29) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 30: Boxing

• (A) Empty

• (A) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (33) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance
  • (33) Armageddon - Damage
  • (33) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 35: Chain Fences

• (A) Enfeebled Operation - Accuracy/Immobilize/Recharge
  • (36) Enfeebled Operation - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (43) Enfeebled Operation - Endurance/Immobilize
  • (46) Enfeebled Operation - Immobilize/Range
  • (46) Enfeebled Operation - Accuracy/Immobilize

Level 38: Weave

• (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

Level 41: Maneuvers

• (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 44: Mystic Flight

• (A) Winter's Gift - Slow Resistance (20%)

Level 47: Blinding Powder

• (A) Malaise's Illusions - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (48) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (48) Malaise's Illusions - Endurance/Confused
  • (48) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (50) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Confused/Recharge

Level 49: Tough

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Run Speed IO

• (A) Empty

• (A) Run Speed IO

• (5) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

• (A) Jumping IO

• (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod
  • (3) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End

Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface

Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve

Level 0: Portal Jockey

Level 0: Task Force Commander

Level 0: The Atlas Medallion

Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment

Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon

------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1612;776;1552;HEX;|
|78DA6593C94F535114C6EF6B1F9696A95890A90C2D434BA1B50534681C1632446CB|
|191C49D699EF084676A4BDA92E8D2FF4019E2C67FC08D1B8DBA75EFB812A14C0E4B|
|C0291A57F5F47EC7D2D09BB4BF77CFFBCEFDCE79F7DEC8ED91CAC7E377CF0BA5FA4|
|25C4BA763537A226324F478796421A3658C6442D0281F4F19B7C6B48C6EA189F3BF|
|2476454BCCEA338191052D1E8B1AE94C329E6E2ABC1CD16FE889B41E983412378D4|
|C7A41D8A2C9643C3035AFEB3355F271CC989D23ED6C8D9C85756D464FA5E78CF94A|
|0893A9693D75A77974DE980E14561D8DEBD3B18896CED0AB462A66987E1B1EFA53F|
|275E654B16D16226415A60DD0B709F6BF3409E1B08AD04392792CE2A2B7906312F5|
|8AD494DBF3B4085F1DE69B1E969046D9C9AFA30A7B16ECDA02B74863864635BF105|
|8E739D8F504EC790A7A9E81DB9453869CB2B2F7AA5CE7C83BE62BD0F35A95B5F4BE|
|61BE057728D782BA7397A8072BF76DE51E6CB27655D8B226C9CE35B07F1DFC44F91|
|55C6FC58049E6549E640E82D527984360987CAA94BC514E549D23D0298850AC86D7|
|A979009D7D096C5B8657D70A7B2F829FC9BB96FBAE0D417B34C8F4838D729F54E10|
|A60DED90F4E909F03BD9A1DDC6BDD9E597E93BA7DD0F31D9C246D3DD756DF81FD3F|
|E664B6814E17E86A07DDD45303D6571AFAB04F8DCC2F547713D7DDB481FD69CEAAF|
|25DF32AE66D6B98B77D0443EB885FA65A5A78DD96BC412B790FC05321CF56AC2B5A|
|7334C457726AE7CADBCFA2F38E33CC61E629D0751ADCEC15C2CD39EE65EC7EE73DD|
|0771FF42F315740959CBBF9F477F3D7ECB133F9F4D792C6CB1A2F6B7A59E3E753B6|
|D42D441F77D0D782AF1FA58E035C4FE00FF4C77F307F327F213FF41B73337905E12|
|5827F71B39CAAE091CB1F76FA3ABE9248B024122A890C964486D4C2DDA70B649255|
|878B557EEC7B542DDC7FA1C84CABBD70DB73BB367ACBAB289CB17F10332957D19B3|
|A41F41077B1EB7BC5795EE47D3B8829CA22F6D5C4B76ADD232F9CF4CC16DD7E3956|
|1DA4290E446DB20319B856F4AC153D5F2F7A3E181F8A7C0E8D47EE432EE1C3B672F|
|C0399B939EE|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

I did notice that!  I don't use a travel power.  I actually don't use it on many ATs anyway because of Ninja Run, but yeah Shinobi-Iri is nice all around. 

I've lost some of my love for Suppressive Fire.  I keep it, but it has less use for me when running Ammo which I've done since I unlocked it at level 8.  Since Suppressive gains no added damage it takes a back seat, and the hold just isn't long enough for me to care. 

There is something to be said about turning ammo off and using the default secondary effect, but I feel no need to do it.  If you run normal Ammo, Suppressive's DPA is actually better on paper and makes it more worth while to use.  Incendiary Ammo makes everything else higher though Dual Wield vs Suppressive is a bit more competitive vs it being a washout.  That's without considering proc opportunities which Dual Wield can win on.  One of my build ideas stuffed procs into DW and it had a lot of potential.   

This got me thinking though.  Suppressive's DPA isn't "bad". Especially for normal ammo.  In fact with normal ammo Suppressive's DPA is better than Piercing Rounds and Dual Wield (substantially more so for the latter).  So maybe I need to see if a Pistols -> Suppressive -> Pistols -> Executioner or Pistols -> Executioner -> Pistols -> Suppressive would be better with normal ammo.  For most things not a Boss, that answer is probably "yes".  That chain loses out on the normal Ammo resistance debuff of Piercing and the potential debuff of Annihilation.  So it is likely the faster attack chain won't be better against Boss+ since on normal ammo Piercing is a guaranteed -9.6 resistance (assuming none of that is resisted by their resist value, which it will be for AVs). 

However, if the powers that be did allow Suppressive to gain damage from Incendiary Ammo, it would be a buff to that power and make a a quicker animating chain likely better in all situations unless you really needed that resistance debuff (so virtually only EB/AV).  I'd love for Sentinels to have a unique attack chain for DP vs what everyone has.  Suppressive Fire has the potential to do that, especially with normal ammo, but those debuffs in Piercing Rounds are strong reasons to keep it as a priority power. 

I doubt I'll change where I'm at with my build right now, but these are definitely things to consider.  I also hope it is obvious I am just thinking out loud, and that this thought process is aimed at pretty tough targets.  My build has all the DP and Nin powers.  In actual play, I seriously do use all of them.  I open with Hail, and follow up with Bullet Rain/Empty Clips.  With Incendiary running virtually 24/7 since it removes the knockdowns/backs which I personally don't care for in favor of the damage-over-time element.  For clean up, I just fire off the fast attacks like Pistols, DW, and Suppressive.  If an enemy has a sliver of health left, I don't shoot them with an Executioner's Shot (no matter how fitting that is) and just hit them with Pistols. 

The only time a "real" attack chain really matters is against targets tough enough to survive the sequence in the first place.  Otherwise just cycle what isn't on cooldown and pepper everything with follow-up shots.

Slap the Purple Hold Set Proc into Suppressive Fire and it looks like it pulls ahead of Piercing Rounds in Fire Rounds.  PR cab slot a -Resist Proc however, but I'm not sure how much DPS that will add in the long run.

Has anyone checked in-game whether Suppressive Fire takes Hold enhancements? It doesn't seem like it ought to.

Anyway, I was playing with my build again, trying to get the Executioner's Shot -> Pistols -> Piercing Rounds -> Pistols chain optimized... I gave up some range by giving up frankenslotting with the ATOs, and I rearranged my slotting to improve general performance... I did the math, and having Decimation in Pistols gives me an 8% higher damage output than having Apocalypse, because the build-up will be up a quarter of the time... I'm still not 100% sure on the calculations for using straight ammo v incendiary or toxic, but it seems that the -Def and -Res would be a better choice v AVs. I have, however, slotted -Res procs in the three abilities for my primary chain.

Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:

• (A) Decimation - Chance of Build Up
  • (9) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (11) Decimation - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Decimation - Damage/Recharge
  • (13) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (15) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

• (17) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

• (A) Superior Blistering Cold - Recharge/Chance for Hold

• (15) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

• (46) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge

• (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

• (19) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (19) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (21) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (21) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

• (23) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Recharge
  • (25) Numina's Convalesence - Heal/Endurance/Recharge

• (A) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown
  • (27) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (29) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

• (40) Recharge Reduction IO

• (33) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (33) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (34) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (39) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage

Level 38: Kuji-In Retsu

Level 41: Mass Hypnosis

• (A) Call of the Sandman - Chance of Heal Self
  • (42) Call of the Sandman - Accuracy/Sleep/Recharge
  • (42) Call of the Sandman - Sleep/Range
  • (42) Call of the Sandman - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (43) Call of the Sandman - Endurance/Sleep

Level 44: Dominate

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Chance for Recharge Slow
  • (45) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (45) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (45) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold

Level 47: Link Minds

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (48) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (48) Reactive Defenses - Defense/RechargeTime
  • (48) Reactive Defenses - Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (50) Reactive Defenses - Defense/Endurance
  • (50) Reactive Defenses - Defense

Level 49: Mystic Flight

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Run Speed IO

• (A) Jumping IO

------------

Has anyone checked in-game whether Suppressive Fire takes Hold enhancements? It doesn't seem like it ought to.

Anyway, I was playing with my build again, trying to get the Executioner's Shot -> Pistols -> Piercing Rounds -> Pistols chain optimized... I gave up some range by giving up frankenslotting with the ATOs, and I rearranged my slotting to improve general performance... I did the math, and having Decimation in Pistols gives me an 8% higher damage output than having Apocalypse, because the build-up will be up a quarter of the time... I'm still not 100% sure on the calculations for using straight ammo v incendiary or toxic, but it seems that the -Def and -Res would be a better choice v AVs. I have, however, slotted -Res procs in the three abilities for my primary chain.

I have not checked that about the Hold.  It is an interesting thought, but I can't commit much time to test it unfortunately.  At least not this week. 

Anyway, I agree with where you are going.  I like Pistols for the proc possibilities and did that myself. 

Looking good!

Alright,

did a little more tweaking, and actually decided to go below soft-cap. I ended up dropping Psi epic and adopting Ninja Tool Mastery, the Taishibishi and Kemuridama are nice touches, and I don't have to worry about the almost 4s animation time of Link Minds. Still a little shy of perma-hasten, but I think it should give me more tools...

Hero Profile:

• (A) Decimation - Chance of Build Up
  • (9) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (11) Decimation - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Decimation - Damage/Recharge
  • (13) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (15) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

• (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

• (17) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

• (A) Stupefy - Chance of Knockback
  • (15) Stupefy - Endurance/Stun
  • (25) Stupefy - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge
  • (40) Stupefy - Stun/Range
  • (46) Stupefy - Accuracy/Endurance

• (37) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (50) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage

• (45) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge

• (50) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

• (19) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (19) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (21) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (21) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (23) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

• (45) Luck of the Gambler - Defense

• (A) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown
  • (27) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (29) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

• (39) Recharge Reduction IO

• (33) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (33) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (34) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (39) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage

• (40) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused

Level 38: Tashibishi

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Recharge/Chance for Immobilize
  • (42) Superior Frozen Blast - Damage/Endurance/Accuracy/RechargeTime
  • (42) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (43) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage

Level 41: Mystic Flight

Level 44: Paralizing Dart

• (A) Basilisk's Gaze - Chance for Recharge Slow
  • (46) Basilisk's Gaze - Recharge/Hold
  • (46) Basilisk's Gaze - Endurance/Recharge/Hold
  • (48) Basilisk's Gaze - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold

Level 47: Kemuridama

• (A) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage
  • (48) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Cloud Senses - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (50) Cloud Senses - ToHit Debuff/Endurance/Recharge

Level 49: Kuji-In Retsu

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Empty

• (A) Run Speed IO

• (A) Jumping IO

------------

• Like 1

did a little more tweaking, and actually decided to go below soft-cap.

Yup, similar boat. 

This looks very similar to something I started with.  That first run was very apprehensive about giving up Defensive O, but it really just isn't an issue after a certain point. 

So I'm going to see about shuffling things to find out if I like Ninja Tools again.  I really don't feel like a Ninja without a smoke bomb. :(