XP Booster modification.

Mageman

Now that you've removed the increased Inf when you turn off Earn XP and you've removed the No XP when Exemplared, maybe you could modify the XP Booster (from the P2W vendor) so you can get increased Inf by decreasing your XP (the opposite of what it does now - increasing your XP by decreasing your Inf). The only caution about this is that the current XP boosters from the P2W vendor quit working at level 50. This will have to be removed.

This should stop any exploits you were worried about when removed increased Inf when you disable Earn XP.

I am a very vocal opponent of the lvl 49 exploit, but oddly enough, I'm fine with this.  I think that if you are able to disable inf and gain additional xp, then it's probably ok to disable xp and gain additional inf.  I would, personally, disable it in Ouro missions though.

Who run Bartertown?

6 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I am a very vocal opponent of the lvl 49 exploit, but oddly enough, I'm fine with this.  I think that if you are able to disable inf and gain additional xp, then it's probably ok to disable xp and gain additional inf.  I would, personally, disable it in Ouro missions though.

Inf and XP are mechanically linked, but they have substantially unrelated effects on the game.  Increasing XP mostly affects the player choosing to do it.  Increasing inf affects everyone who takes part in the game economy.  Part of the cleverness of the free XP boost is that it helps people powerlevel and simultaneously reduces the flow of inf into the game in a 'trade' that people feel is fair.

Anyway, back to the OP.  Adding anything that increases the flow of inf into the game is always going to be a terrible idea for the long-term health of the economy.  'We get less inf now' isn't an unfortunate accidental side-effect of the fix, it's the whole point of the fix.  Adding XP --> inf for 50+ characters would an especially bad idea, because level 50s drop stupidly large amounts of inf already.

• Like 3

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Grouchy pretty well covered it.

There's a reason for the recent change. There's a reason we have INF sinks like AH fees, costume fees, crafting fees and the like. Money moving between players (through AH sales, costume contests, etc.) is great. Accelerating the rate money just shows up? Bad, long term. That's when we get things like 2b+ purples being sold off market (since the market can't handle more than that... which also eliminates the fees that take INF out of circulation.)

As much as I love the game for growing "out" more than "up" (no level cap raises - and no, I don't want one,) once you hit 50, have your build(s,) have your costumes, there's not that much to spend money on. Work on your crafting badges? Sure, then you have those memorized (less INF going out at that point.) If anything, there has to be more things out there players *want* to spend INF on, especially at the higher levels.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

4 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

'We get less inf now' isn't an unfortunate accidental side-effect of the fix, it's the whole point of the fix. 

Quoted for truth and full agreement.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)