Perf Shifter End Mod IO error

Ukase

I wasn't sure if this was a typo, but not sure where else to report it, so this is sort of a duplicate post. I initially sent a petition in game, thinking that was the right course of action. 
The GM response I got seemed to think this was working by design, as it was the only uncommon IO of the set. I suggested that was mistaken, and was referred here. 

The Performance Shifter set - the End Mod IO - can be slotted at level 7. (I slotted this in my fire tank's consume at level 16, as I'd just taken it to test this) But - the rest of the IOs in that set require level 17 to slot. 

The description from within the AH does state level 7 requirement, so it's not wrong...but I found it odd that only one of the set can be slotted at level 7 and the rest at 17. (Tried to slot the rech/acc to test, but it wouldn't)

I looked to see if it was possible to place a bid for a level 10 Perf. Shifter End Mod IO - and, of course, there weren't any. Even with the "For Sale" unselected or selected, all of the recipes for the whole set start at 20. Additionally, only the Attuned IO can be placed at level 7, as all the non-attuned start at level 20, as they should. 
 So consider me an exploiter in this case for one level. 🤣

• Like 1

That does sound like a bug. The whole set should be the same level. It sounds like it was erroneously set to 7 rather than 17 for the attuned version of the enhancement.
Since it’s a straight +End Mod and not any dual bonus, then there isn’t really any extra benefit it would give over a standard end mod, other than leveling up with you from 7 without needing to reslot. Nice find! 😊

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Yeah, it is a bug or glitch.

The set is level 21 minimum.  None of them should be slottable before level 18.

The attuned proc allows slotting at 17 instead of 18.  The attuned pure EndMod at 7 is even weirder.

Edited by Caulderone

• 8 months later

So...I submitted this as a bug this past April. The response was clearly by someone who just didn't know any better, as they told me it was not a bug, but as intended. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they misunderstood my post. 

But it's been fixed in this latest patch. Oddly, I don't remember seeing anything about it in the patch notes, but there was a ton to sift through, and could have missed it. 

18 minutes ago, Ukase said:

So...I submitted this as a bug this past April. The response was clearly by someone who just didn't know any better, as they told me it was not a bug, but as intended. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they misunderstood my post. 

But it's been fixed in this latest patch. Oddly, I don't remember seeing anything about it in the patch notes, but there was a ton to sift through, and could have missed it. 

It was mentioned at the very bottom of the i27p1 patch notes (under the Powers & Enhancements Bug Fixes section). They fixed this bug as well as a similar bug in Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control, but there is still a similar bug in both Adjusted Targeting and Efficacy Adaptor (which are from the same sets as Gaussian's and Performance Shifter, respectively).

• Like 1