New Power set for Controllers & Dominators

Hey everyone... So I have been toying with a power set I would love to see in game so this a quick breakdown. I have a love hate relationship with merc MM set love the Spec Ops and would like to see a lot of their powers in a Troller/Domin since we don't have any natural type powers for them. This would be a easy power set to add since most powers and animation are already in game.

Tactical Suppression:

T1: Burst: End Cost 6.5, Recharge 4/s, Range 80 Accuracy 90%, Dam Lethal "14.54X4"=58.15  

T2: Taser: End Cost 8.53, Recharge 8/s, Range 80 Accuracy 90%, Dam Energy "20.52X5"=102.6, Hold Mag 4, Duration 4s

T3: Glue Grenade: Ranged Target AoE: End Cost 7.3. Recharge 60/s, Range 60, -recharge -20%, (Tgt) Duration 30/s, Radius 25 

T4: Smoke Grenade: Ranged Target AoE Foe -Perception, -To Hit: End Cost 7.8, Recharge 15/s, Range 80, cast 1.17/s ToHit -5% Acc 75% Duration 20s Radius: 35 Perception -90%

T5: Sleep Grenade: Ranged Targeted AoE Minor DMG (Smash), Foe Sleep: End Cost 19.5, Recharge 45/s, Range 80, Cast 1.87, Effect Sleep, Accuracy 75%, Duration 4s, Radius 25, Mag 4

T6: Stealth Suit: Toggle +Def (All) End Cost .36/s, Recharge 15/s, Cast .73/s, Defense 2.25%(self), Stealth Radius 200(self)

T7: Flash Bang Grenade: Ranged Target AoE Hold: End Cost 15.5, Recharge 240s, Cast 3s, Effect Held, Accuracy 60%, Duration 4%, Radius 30, Mag 4

T8: K9 (pet): I dont have stats on this yet as it would be a new pet powers I was thinking would be take down: maul: all would be scaled with other pets 

T9: Call for Backup: (Calls Two temp henchmen that do ranged damage) End Cost 25, Recharge 240s, Range 80, Cast 3.1s, Summon, Duration 60s

All Powers would be fired from a SCAR rifle except for K9 was think whistle, Call for Backup the same as Mercs summon, and Stealth Suit would be like blasters stealth suit 

This is just a rough draft I really looking for feed back or tweeks

Edited by PapaFunk702
  • Like 5

Hmmmmm

It's got a self buff and a straight damage power and what looks like a dps(?) pet (K9) which is a bit iffy.  But it does mean it falls more into the Illusion type set which we already have so it's not like it's breaking any real rules...

Maybe if you made the K9 like Haunt where it's basically a mobile control effect? Running up and biting/shaking at people's leg to apply random KD and Fear and a lethal dot.(That's more or less what cops use dogs for anyhow)  While it's out recasting it just orders to to target someone else maybe.

I'd also consider making their grenades and such have lower target caps and radius along with a lower recharge.  To give it a different feel.  The Experiment pool's travel power has that teleport.  It gives you a stacking "buff" where each one lasts 15 seconds or so.  If you ever hit 3 of them it forces the teleport to go on recharge.  Outside that it has instant recharge.  You could do that.  To imply a kind of magazine/prepared ammo effect

Beyond that I would love a more natural control set like this, military/cop themed is fun too

• Thanks 1

Only if I can have this K9:
https://www.dogster.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/k9-doctor-who-.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

23 minutes ago, MTeague said:

That.... might cross over into the Copyrighted Genrics thread lol.  The BBC might not be amused. Or, maybe they'd love it. Who knows?

But I wouldn't expect the devs to go there, however awesome it would be. 

Technically BBC doesn't own the copyright on K9. A lot of the Doctor Who characters are still 'owned' by the writers, believe it or not.  K9 is owned by Bob Baker, which is why there was an Australian production called 'K9 Adventures' back in 2009 that BBC had nothing to do with. 🙂 They couldn't explicitly connect it to Doctor Who, but they *heavily* implied this K9 was the same one that stayed on Gallifrey with Leela and got off before it got locked into the Time War.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Wild Claw said:

Technically BBC doesn't own the copyright on K9. A lot of the Doctor Who characters are still 'owned' by the writers, believe it or not.  K9 is owned by Bob Baker, which is why there was an Australian production called 'K9 Adventures' back in 2009 that BBC had nothing to do with. 🙂 They couldn't explicitly connect it to Doctor Who, but they *heavily* implied this K9 was the same one that stayed on Gallifrey with Leela and got off before it got locked into the Time War.

Did not know that.  But kinda cool. 🙂  

Leela was always one of my favorite companions.  Admittedly, her outfit helped.  But also her contrasting innocence of all things tech-related and willingness to just END threats by knife or by janis thorns or whatever was handy was a stark contrast to any other companion of her era.

They definitely need a natural origin control set! I had a similar idea, a "Hunter/Trapper" set-

T1- Trapping Net- you throw an electrified net on your target, immobilizing them and draining some endurance. (single target immob, Energy damage)

T2- Lasso- you lasso a rope tightly around your target, holding them in place (from hand? From a gun? single target hold, smashing damage)

T3-Bear traps- you throw out an array of bear traps, once triggered, targets will be held in place and bleed out for lethal damage. (group immob)

T4-Decoy- You use a decoy of yourself to confuse your foes, the decoy has no attacks, but will taunt ever few seconds. (basically a taunting post)

T5-Camouflage- You meld in with your surroundings, making it harder for foes to detect you, additionally, you are able to detect stealthy foes(self stealth with +perception)

T6-Flashbang grenade- you throw a flash bang grenade to a targeted area, disorienting foes(aoe disorient)

T7-Birds of prey- you call on your trained hawks to attack and annoy your target, lowering their chance to hit(cone lethal damage, -to hit)

T8- BOOBY TRAPS!- you set out a poison trap, once sprung targets will choke on the poisonous cloud, will be slowed, and unable to regenerate hit points(AOE hold with slow and -regen)

T9-Hunting pack- no hunter is complete without a pack of hunting hounds! (summon pet)

• Like 2