Defender vs Corruptor numbers confusion

SuperPlyx

So I have decided I need to do a debuffer , and been trying to decide between a Cold/Sonic Defender or Sonic/Cold Corruptor.  I did a build in Mids for both,identical powers and enhancement sets.

By just going by the numbers in Mids Defender seems to be the way to go, better defense,resist,damage and debuffs.

But 2 powers have got me confused:

Screech for Defender is showing as doing 16.91 damage on Defender

Screech for Corruptor is showing as 104.2

Soul Drain for Defender shows as 62.57

Soul Drain for Corruptor shows as 150.2 

*yes the slider is same for both: 1

So could some tell me why the big difference is those 2 power?

The 2 builds:

Cold/Sonic Defender

Sonic/Cold Corrupter

Welcome any opinion on the builds or the choice for a debuffer as well.

I put this here because it deals with both Defender and Corruptors and didn't know where else to put it.

Make one of each on the test server, and see what numbers you get there, instead.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

42 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

So I have decided I need to do a debuffer , and been trying to decide between a Cold/Sonic Defender or Sonic/Cold Corruptor.  I did a build in Mids for both,identical powers and enhancement sets.

By just going by the numbers in Mids Defender seems to be the way to go, better defense,resist,damage and debuffs.

But 2 powers have got me confused:

Screech for Defender is showing as doing 16.91 damage on Defender

Screech for Corruptor is showing as 104.2

Soul Drain for Defender shows as 62.57

Soul Drain for Corruptor shows as 150.2 

*yes the slider is same for both: 1

So could some tell me why the big difference is those 2 power?

The 2 builds:

Cold/Sonic Defender

Sonic/Cold Corrupter

Welcome any opinion on the builds or the choice for a debuffer as well.

I put this here because it deals with both Defender and Corruptors and didn't know where else to put it.

This particular power set will yield better results on a Defender. The -resistance values are superior by a large margin and will outweigh the benefits of having higher damage values.

SuperPlex, it appears nobody has answered your question. Unfortunately, I don't know off hand why there is a difference in the numbers you're seeing. It could be a Mids-ism. I recommend to check the numbers in game (either on Beta or HC Live). I logged in and checked and it shows Screech as only doing 16.68 damage for a level 50 corruptor. 

I opened up your build and I saw you have the Corruptor ATO Damage Proc slotted in Screech, that is why you are seeing 104.2 damage, as Mids is adding in the 86% chance that you'll do 107.1 damage with the proc.

As for Soul Drain showing over double the damage, that is because Mid's is showing the Scourge damage which doubles it. If you Click Off the Scourge, you will see the expected damage from Soul Drain to be 75.1.

As for which AT to play for this build, depends on if you want to do more damage or more debuffs. But generally speaking, defender is the way to go as your resistance debuffs are 33% stronger and that makes up a lot of the gap between Defender damage and Corruptor damage. On the other hand, I do see you are going for a proc build, and if that's the case, Defender again offers more debuffs which is desirable, but Corruptors get an extra "purple" damage proc in the ATO. So really, just pick whatever you prefer. If you team, probably defender.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Bopper,Thank you for the solving those 2 mysteries! Was driving me crazy and of course it was something simple I overlooked. I am kinda surprised that Scourge is showing as double damage for just that one power. 

Thanks everyone, Gonna take ya'lls advise and spend the weekend on test before I decide.