Restore Hami Os

How long ago was this changed?  

And what imbalance do you think this would fix?   It's already possible to become... pretty godly... when you're fully slotted out. 

And however long it may take to acquire them, it's already possible to stack hami O's on top of each other to get a 51, 52, 53, which does boost thier %.

While I don't necessarily agree with the suggestion, I do see the point: in many cases Hamis are irrelevant.

You can get up to 33% for a boosted dual aspect level 50 set IO, which is what you get for the Hamis unless you combine them, and if the concern is 100% total enhancement per slot boosting a triple aspect purple IO gets you to 99%, although most of the time you aren't going to have them in the same power. You can also get set bonuses with boosted IOs, although they won't exemplar down and usually when I bother it's because I'm frankenslotting. While there are some that shine in certain powers, unless it happens to hit more than 2 properties in a single power, the actual value of a single Hami is pretty low.

So do I think it's a good idea? Not really, because even if it went in I'm not sure I'd bother with HOs most of the time.

• Like 1

I *seem* to recall some hami combinations aren't covered by IOs - that may have changed late-live or here. Not sure how I feel about boosting them back up. *shrug* I can see an argument being made with the unique combinations and the fact they don't give any sort of set bonus, plus having (generally) to wait for a raid to get one, being reason enough to boost them, though. I don't know how it'd balance against everything else.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I was just polity asking for a change.The Original Devs explained why they reduced the Hami Os, They thought ,that players would only do 1 or 2 Hami raids, then start a new char and work it up to 50. They did NOT think that some players, while following the rules at the time would do one every day. and fill every slot they could with them. We had single players doing TFs with NO problems. Even after they reduced it to 33% from 50% , players still found ways to Min/Max their characters. I remember as I was a beta tester for COV,when they added  ED nerf, their was a lot of players who broke the NDA and filled the Forums with Posts asking WTF. I felt sorry for the lady moderator, their  were threads with HUNDREDS of posts, mostly Negative. With the now IOs and some good planning, a very powerful char can be created , I just asked if they can be restored, I have every right to ask,and while you also have a right to  post your feelings, You do NOT have the right to tell me not to ask.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, MTeague said:

How long ago was this changed?  

Circa 2006. My SG used to raid Hammi quite a bit privately on Guardian server. At one point before bases became a thing and you could only carry 10 enhancements at a time, I had counted having somewhere around 450 Hammi-O's. I literally paid for an account which I used all the slots as hammi mules. Back then we ran it twice a week, but killing buds you would get extra Hammi-O's, so you could leave a raid with like 8-9, since a lot of us multi-boxed. There were times with new ppl in the guild, that I literally passed them like 20 of them, one at a time for them to slot, as I ran out of room for them even with my mules.

9 minutes ago, madhobbit said:

I remember as I was a beta tester for COV,when they added  ED nerf, their was a lot of players who broke the NDA and filled the Forums with Posts asking WTF. I felt sorry for the lady moderator, their  were threads with HUNDREDS of posts, mostly Negative.

If memory serves correct, I think that might of been CuppaJo.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:30 PM, madhobbit said:

Originally Hamis were 50% not the 33% they are now.How about a return?

I only rarely Frankenslot, and so most my experience with Hamidon Origins is limited to powers for which I've only invested a single slot, but which I expect to use anyway.

If I really want larger bonuses and my build can't spare a second slot... I just combine HO to increase the bonuses. IIRC the max bonus for something like Acc/Dam is +38/+38.

Off the top of my head, the only character for which I purposely have only a single slot in a power I regularly use is on a Dominator's secondary T1 attack. That particular choice was made because for flavor reasons I went overboard with the controls... i.e. my choice to invest slots elsewhere.

5 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I literally paid for an account which I used all the slots as hammi mules. Back then we ran it twice a week, but killing buds you would get extra Hammi-O's, so you could leave a raid with like 8-9, since a lot of us multi-boxed.

I feel it necessary to point out here that this was an extremely dickish (albeit hugely common) practice; back then, when Hami was defeated, he spawned one Hamidon Bud for each character in the zone, so for every 'extra' Hami-O you got this way. someone else got shafted and got nothing. This is the primary reason why it was changed to drop HOs directly to each participant.

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

I feel it necessary to point out here that this was an extremely dickish (albeit hugely common) practice; back then, when Hami was defeated, he spawned one Hamidon Bud for each character in the zone, so for every 'extra' Hami-O you got this way. someone else got shafted and got nothing. This is the primary reason why it was changed to drop HOs directly to each participants

Ah as these were guild only runs, people gave them away to people that needed them, but since a bunch of ppl were multiboxing there was always more than needed, so often times, especially new ppl made out like a bandit.

20 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Ah as these were guild only runs, ...

That makes a big difference; I got jerked over repeatedly in that regard back on live during open Hamidon raids with my Fire/Rad Controller as the Fire/xxx blasters spammed AoEs to get the kill shot on the buds. Most of the Controllers and Defenders bitched about it too, but were commonly laughed off.