The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Console

Anthony

Possible? Sure. (There are some joystick controls in the game.) Likely? Probably not with a small, volunteer team, and with the current grey status of the game...

Done with the Kheld "community" here. Since they obviously don't care about anything lore wise and crap on people who do.  Kheld backstory guide might be uploaded in a non-Homecoming location when I finish the revision. No, it may not be put on the HC wiki, and what was there of my first one has been removed. Please do not reupload. I'm not giving the people here the benefit of the work just to be crapped on and told "lol, lore for a lore based AT, doesn't matter, f you."

(Note, this refers to the playerbase, not the devs.)

In short: No.

The long of it is that releasing a game on a console can only be done with the express consent of the console owner (so, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft). Since Homecoming does not own the rights to the City of Heroes brand, they won't entertain the idea.

Whether it would be physically possible is another thing. City of Heroes might be an old game, but it is optimised for PC use only. Preparing it for console would be a herculean task.

Also, how would it even work on console? I'm trying to imagine the controller configuration in my head and I can't think of anything that would be intuitive to use AND work for any AT/Powerset

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

HahahahahahaNO.  Take a look at the powers list for any toon above level 30 or so and tell me how you'd map all that to an interface besides mouse and keyboard.  Plus inspirations, plus menus, plus plus plus ....  

As usual with the porting question, if it wasn't made with console UI in mind, chances are it's impossible.

1 hour ago, Black Zot said:

HahahahahahaNO.  Take a look at the powers list for any toon above level 30 or so and tell me how you'd map all that to an interface besides mouse and keyboard.  Plus inspirations, plus menus, plus plus plus .... 

I'd be willing to bet that you could program either a Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS or Saitek X-65F HOTAS (joystick/throttle combinations) to do it, but it would be a pain in the ass learning the switch configurations, since you wouldn't have the association between the keys and the trays. Besides, joystick and throttle for movement doesn't work well for an MMO.