Adding AI To Mids, The MVP

magicjtv

@magicjtv
Hey friend, Jimmy was so kind as to create a subforum for Mids. Since we're moving everything in there, do you want this thread in there as well? Keeps all the Mids-related stuff together!

• Like 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

1 minute ago, Felis Noctu said:

@magicjtv
Hey friend, Jimmy was so kind as to create a subforum for Mids. Since we're moving everything in there, do you want this thread in there as well? Keeps all the Mids-related stuff together!

Sounds great. Thanks. 

Current release

Mids AI MVP Installer version 0.0.10 - Added new importance: Top to Bottom Capped. Enabled every .bwc file to work for any AT. Bug fixes.

I'll talk about the new capped Importance option in a separate post.

.BWC Files

.BWC files can now be shared between any AT. Previously, they could not be shared between khelidians and non-khelidians.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where the error message for trying to load a toon below level 50 into the Bonus Wizard was only being displayed the first time it was tried.
  • Fixed a bug where Robot Woman would keep speaking the text from one screen even after a new screen was loaded.
  • Like 2

Understanding The New Top to Bottom Capped Importance

The new Top to Bottom Capped importance lets you specify that one or more bonuses should cap out at a given value, allowing other bonuses to increase.

Bonus Wizard Top to Bottom Capped.PNG

Specifying Caps

The desired caps are specified in Caps field that is revealed when you select Top to Bottom Capped importance. A value of -1 indicates no cap. Caps are specified in the units used by the Wizard: floating point numbers. For example, a Luck of the Gambler Global recharge provides 0.075 recharge. In the example below, we see a cap of  0.1 applied to Recharge Time and no cap applied to damage.

Also notice a button for calling up the Perma Wizard appears when you select Top to Bottom Capped importance.

Bonus Wizard Top to Bottom Capped 2.PNG

Recommended Practice

The cap system is usable now. However it'll get a boost once the system for including a character and powers stats along with bonuses is in place. That system will be the next feature added.

Once this is in place, the Perma Wizard will be updated to include answers in units usable by Top to Bottom Capped importance.

Edited by magicjtv
  • Like 3

I downloaded 0.0.10, installed it, ran it.  Selected bonus wizard, and it told me my character had to be level 50... ok, so I loaded up a build (Stalker, Ice/Bio) that I made in db 20.2605, though your AI db is 19.1021 (shouldn't be too much of an issue?).  I tried to run the bonus wizard and got an Unhandled exception:

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Hero_Designer.AIToonUtils.Convert(clsToonX toon) in D:\src\dotnet\mids-reborn-hero-designer\Hero Designer\AIToonUtils.cs:line 293
   at Hero_Designer.Forms.AIBonus.LoadToon() in D:\src\dotnet\mids-reborn-hero-designer\Hero Designer\Forms\AIBonus.cs:line 59
   at Hero_Designer.Forms.AIBonus.Setup() in D:\src\dotnet\mids-reborn-hero-designer\Hero Designer\Forms\AIBonus.cs:line 27
   at Hero_Designer.frmMain.tsBonusWizard_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\src\dotnet\mids-reborn-hero-designer\Hero Designer\Forms\frmMain.cs:line 5137
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Hero Designer
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.7
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.7
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Mids%20Reborn/Hero%20Designer%20AI%20MVP/Hero%20Designer.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4150.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Base
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Mids%20Reborn/Hero%20Designer%20AI%20MVP/Base.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
midsControls
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Mids%20Reborn/Hero%20Designer%20AI%20MVP/midsControls.DLL
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
AutoUpdater.NET
    Assembly Version: 1.5.7.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.7.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Mids%20Reborn/Hero%20Designer%20AI%20MVP/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL
System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3815.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Speech
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Speech/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Speech.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

So I cleared the slots (via "Clear All Enhancements") and tried again, but got the same error.

I'll be following this, as it's an amazing idea!

• Like 1

I downloaded 0.0.10, installed it, ran it.  Selected bonus wizard, and it told me my character had to be level 50... ok, so I loaded up a build (Stalker, Ice/Bio) that I made in db 20.2605, though your AI db is 19.1021 (shouldn't be too much of an issue?).  I tried to run the bonus wizard and got an Unhandled exception:

Could you post your Mids build so I can test it?

4 hours ago, magicjtv said:

Could you post your Mids build so I can test it?

Sure thing:

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Fridgita: Level 50 Natural Stalker
Primary Power Set: Ice Melee
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Sword -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(46)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(5), Ksm-ToHit+(40)
Level 2: Frost -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), AirBrs-Dmg/Rng(42), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(43)
Level 4: Boundless Energy -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal(19), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19)
Level 6: Assassin's Ice Sword -- Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Rchg(7), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(17)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), DefBuff-I(9)
Level 10: Environmental Modification -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(11), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Rct-Def/Rchg(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Rct-ResDam%(15)
Level 12: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Adaptation
Level 18: Ice Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25)
Level 22: Ablative Carapace -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(23), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(23), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(25), DctWnd-Heal(46)
Level 24: Kick -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(48), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(50), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 26: Freezing Touch -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Hct-Dam%(27), NrnSht-Dam%(37), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(37), UnbCns-Dam%(37)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- ThfofEss-Heal/Rchg(A), ThfofEss-+End%(29), Erd-%Dam(29), ScrDrv-Dam%(34), Obl-%Dam(36), Arm-Dam%(36)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 32: Frozen Aura -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), Erd-%Dam(33), Obl-%Dam(34), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34)
Level 35: Moonbeam -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(48)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 47: Genetic Corruption -- FrtHyp-Plct%(A)
Level 49: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Assassination
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(3)
Level 16: Defensive Adaptation
Level 16: Efficient Adaptation
Level 16: Offensive Adaptation
------------

• Like 1

2 hours ago, r0y said:

Sure thing:

Reveal hidden contents

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Fridgita: Level 50 Natural Stalker
Primary Power Set: Ice Melee
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Sword -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(46)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(5), Ksm-ToHit+(40)
Level 2: Frost -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), AirBrs-Dmg/Rng(42), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(43)
Level 4: Boundless Energy -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal(19), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19)
Level 6: Assassin's Ice Sword -- Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Rchg(7), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(17)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), DefBuff-I(9)
Level 10: Environmental Modification -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(11), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Rct-Def/Rchg(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Rct-ResDam%(15)
Level 12: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Adaptation
Level 18: Ice Patch -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Hardened Carapace -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25)
Level 22: Ablative Carapace -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(23), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(23), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(25), DctWnd-Heal(46)
Level 24: Kick -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(48), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(50), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 26: Freezing Touch -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Hct-Dam%(27), NrnSht-Dam%(37), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(37), UnbCns-Dam%(37)
Level 28: DNA Siphon -- ThfofEss-Heal/Rchg(A), ThfofEss-+End%(29), Erd-%Dam(29), ScrDrv-Dam%(34), Obl-%Dam(36), Arm-Dam%(36)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), GldArm-3defTpProc(50)
Level 32: Frozen Aura -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), Erd-%Dam(33), Obl-%Dam(34), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34)
Level 35: Moonbeam -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(48)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42)
Level 41: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(48)
Level 47: Genetic Corruption -- FrtHyp-Plct%(A)
Level 49: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Assassination
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(3)
Level 16: Defensive Adaptation
Level 16: Efficient Adaptation
Level 16: Offensive Adaptation
------------

Thanks. It should work now. There was a bug in the conversion of one of the Ice Melee powers and I was not correctly dealing with Adaptation in Bio Armor having no slots.

I was able to run your toon all the way through the Bonus Wizard. But let me know if you're still seeing issues in v0.0.11.

Current release

Mids AI MVP Installer version 0.0.11 - Bug fixes: Now correctly dealing with Adaptation in Bio Armor having no slots. Corrected bug in conversion of Mids toon to AIToon for Stalker Ice Melee.

Edited by magicjtv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, magicjtv said:

It should work now.

I downloaded 0.0.11 and installed.  Opened my Ice Melee/Bio and got a partial load.  Just to make sure I didn't mess up the file earlier today, I opened it in my current Mids Reborn.

Here's a side-by-side:

image.thumb.png.968e19b30141a240e622f9e8e6e357b2.png

I need sleep; eyes are drying out.  I'll monkey around with it tomorrow morning or something.  I'm sure it's something on my end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, r0y said:

I downloaded 0.0.11 and installed.  Opened my Ice Melee/Bio and got a partial load.  Just to make sure I didn't mess up the file earlier today, I opened it in my current Mids Reborn.

Here's a side-by-side:

I need sleep; eyes are drying out.  I'll monkey around with it tomorrow morning or something.  I'm sure it's something on my end.

If you're still seeing problems in the morning, I'll take a look. But my code is walled off from regular mids. I don't interfere with their loading process or anything else they do.

Edit:

And, of course, it's working fine for me. I just double checked.

Edit2:

One thing you can do is try loading another character. That will tell me if the problem is just with a single character, or is more general.

Edited by magicjtv

I loaded a character I'm currently theory-crafting and created yesterday in MRB 2.7.2.10 (db 20.0515) - a Thugs/Time MM:

image.thumb.png.f0ad74a82c629f25d7ca1572d920d577.png

So I'm thinking, maybe the newer mids save/loads slightly differently?  So I opened up an old build (last file save date of 15 Dec 2019) and it seems fine:

image.thumb.png.965efbd115e074f693b17ae2827b1945.png

So I'm not sure if it's a save format thing that Mids is doing (changing), or an AT or Powerset combo... it is frustrating, I can imagine.  If I'm the only one, then it's something on my end, but I'm not sure what I could be doing to cause it.  I mean, the .mxd is the .mxd... in fact, let me attach them directly here...

Stalker-Staff-SR_Monster Pole.mxd Mastermind-Thugs-Time_Bister Mig.mxd

• Like 1

Try it now.

Edit: Using 0.0.12, I was able to load both of the files you provided. I also ran them through the Bonus Wizard to enhance accuracy. The output file from those runs are attached.

Current release

Mids AI MVP Installer version 0.0.12 - Upgraded code base to the latest version of Hero Designer, including support for new IOs.

AI Mastermind-Thugs-Time_Bister Mig.mxd AI Stalker-Staff-SR_Monster Pole.mxd

Edited by magicjtv
  • Thanks 1

Wait what?! Does mean it uses the latest version of Mids reborn? Including the Arsenal IOs etc?

I fully expected that to take a longer time to implement

/emote Quickly-begins-to-download-the latest-version 🙂

• Like 1

I must be doing something wrong. I wanted to do top to bottom capped with the following importance... 

(Tried it both ways below)

Defense (Ranged) 0.75

Defense (Energy) 0.75

Damage -1

Recharge Time 2.75

Accuracy -1

Defense (Ranged) 75

Defense (Energy) 75

Damage -1

Recharge Time 275

Accuracy -1

All I get is major damage importance with defense and recharge barely even noticed.

The following is my normal build I am testing with...

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1565&c=734&a=1468&f=HEX&dc=78DA65944B4F135114C7EF746628D3526929E54DA10F5EA514AA2E78A81815140A9188714B9A32B6A3755A4B31B2F42BB821F1B9F10112FC007E093561E9CEC4C4056AE2CA85A967E67F4A1B3B09FCEE3DE7FECF3973CE9DAE3EBCD2F2FEEAA37921792EE7D35B5B1B97E87F592F39D733866E6674414FF392F9C0A075C9499B5E3EB071236D66F5CDC482A997B23B9045AABEF5ED62B1502A579DAB69D3286EE7D365A360FA96CC9C5ED2CD72A2BAF0AC150AF9C4A291CD950D33EBC62E6F6D5BEDF58A9EDED44B5B39A3E8B2F7EB455DDF6C5B281A99C462A194D129BC9574A78BAA8BD3DFB4A83E15551C2A422415E1D863EE83CA3BE601D8F415BC57AFBD2BE0BB635113CDB79959D09503270C708620B1566A566D5B8B932983A714A60A7A9BC002A96468853C8E78B30495E3A92AEAF32A609B604A60BB83298373A472B2D67984F7E8F888B81D9FC0AECFCCEF8ACD9E6FA044420D5A594B11FA15E15AB2A889D83530B90C9E23B8B96E37D72D93DE6337A2A2784ECB76EE58900C239A8887C1C908F30FFCF7E9742BC7690DC1A6501C1FE2387C01C98E3DD60EC6BD6091BC7E7E4FFF4BE8065F309F339F81A1A7CC27A046F103882F05387E8CE3FBC8D7C9BECEFF725F206B37E7ECE639F7F09CFB78CE419E7390E71CE43987296E2FB4522FF7AB8FE9265F3FF7A0FF8BC3AE719E76039C6BE03C6CA169877D3E32C39C65CE8151BECB655285395E9873F829C710DE4B1DDA47BCE13DE8865F315F83236F986FC1036ADB28DF8B51EE493C855E4EFC66FEC57D39A4ED38F2C8E33CFB499E7D92679FB41A4C77A88D6A4AE0AC488450673BD9A6B8F629CED5A79C7C9B42DCB45E8E7A51B35562F5FE0A3D62AAC1926CB09C69B09C6DB0ACD45B34746D4D39F9DA851445D59AF7E42BAE1CBBC8CF6F2545E0FF59B339A465AB0B8A88DE92EC78D16374F047BD6E14BA5FF5BA41D8467651C7D8634C2715ABFEFC542AD73BC9C4EB8B81DAFA035D8724D797F2D7ECD9B1DA7AD75F3BF30F2004E4AF

Edited by Invincer
code came out bad

must be doing something wrong. I wanted to do top to bottom capped with the following importance... 

(Tried it both ways below)

Defense (Ranged) 0.75

Defense (Energy) 0.75

Damage -1

Recharge Time 2.75

Accuracy -1

Just to be clear, this is asking for 75% ranged defense from bonuses, 75% energy defense from bonuses , unlimited damage bonuses, 275% recharge from bonuses, and unlimited accuracy bonuses. And it's asking for it like this:

• Give me as many ranged defense bonuses as you can until I get 75% ranged defense from bonuses.
  • If you can't find ranged defense, give me as many energy defense bonuses as you can until I get 75% energy defense from bonuses.
  • If you can't find energy defense, give me as many damage bonuses as you can.
  • If you can't find damage, give me as many recharge bonuses as you can until I get 275% recharge from bonuses.
  • If you can't find recharge, give me as many accuracy bonuses as you can.

I'm currently working on making the Wizard know about the values that come from the powers themselves and the enhancement effects, but for right now, all it knows about are set bonuses and procs.

Once the wizard knows about the effects of powers and enhancements , I can make .bwc files that say "Give me perma PA" or "Give me Perma-Dom", or "Give me capped Ranged Defense", and ship those .bwc files along with the app. But we're not there yet.

All I get is major damage importance with defense and recharge barely even noticed.

Also to be clear,  the size of the bars in the chart are based on the magnitude of bonus received and different bonuses have different magnitudes. Damage has one of the larger magnitudes, so its bars tend to be bigger. It's also easy to find damage bonuses, as there are a lot of damage procs.

That said, I do think the Wizard should have found more defense bonuses for your build, so I'll take a look at it. 

AI Character.bwc

Edited by magicjtv
  • Like 1

Development Roadmap

In order to give everyone an idea of where we stand and where we're going, here's a development roadmap for the next few weeks

Week ending June 7th: Bonus Wizard knows about the effects of powers and enhancements and uses that info along with the bonus and proc info it already uses.

Week ending June 14th: All major bugs fixed. Example: The Bonus Wizard currently crashes if canceling while an evolve is running. Additional debugging tools written.

Week ending June 21st: Evolution algorithms are fine-tuned and prefab .bwc files begin to be shipped. Example prefabs: Give me perma-dom. Give me capped smashing defense.

These are aggressive dates, but I think I can hit them.

Edited by magicjtv
  • Like 1

Would there be any way to lock in specific IOs you know you want in your build ahead of time (which could still be used to hit caps/permadoms)?

For instance say with a fire farmer, you know ahead of time you want to use 4-5 Winter sets to hit the fire cap, or 5 LotG recharge IOs in defense powers, or the stealth IO in sprint, or making sure to have the insta-snipe Exp Marksman regardless of whatever other Snipe IOs the wizard suggests (or maybe you know you want the reduce KB to KD on KB specific powers). I can think of others, but just was just a theory if it is at all possible. Thx!! 🙂

P.S. Or for instance, the build I have on my Blaster feels great, I already have the capped def on ranged with energy/neg almost there. It does tons damage, but isn't quite permadom. Would there be a way to lock in say the IOs I already know I want/need; and have the Wizard work on just the slots not locked in when figuring the data? There is probably tons of people that would like to be able to lock in a third or half the IOs they already know they want, and have the Wizard show the best optimized path from there.

Edited by Invincer
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Invincer said:

Would there be any way to lock in specific IOs you know you want in your build ahead of time (which could still be used to hit caps/permadoms)?

For instance say with a fire farmer, you know ahead of time you want to use 4-5 Winter sets to hit the fire cap, or 5 LotG recharge IOs in defense powers, or the stealth IO in sprint, or making sure to have the insta-snipe Exp Marksman regardless of whatever other Snipe IOs the wizard suggests (or maybe you know you want the reduce KB to KD on KB specific powers). I can think of others, but just was just a theory if it is at all possible. Thx!! 🙂

P.S. Or for instance, the build I have on my Blaster feels great, I already have the capped def on ranged with energy/neg almost there. It does tons damage, but isn't quite permadom. Would there be a way to lock in say the IOs I already know I want/need; and have the Wizard work on just the slots not locked in when figuring the data? There is probably tons of people that would like to be able to lock in a third or half the IOs they already know they want, and have the Wizard show the best optimized path from there.

Yes, it can be done. But I'd schedule the work for after the initial release of the .bwc template files.

In the meantime, you can prevent specific powers from being modified by the Wizard. The option to do that is on the 3rd screen of the wizard, just below the generations and iterations sliders. 

Edited by magicjtv
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, magicjtv said:

Status Update:

Much has been done to complete this week's task of teaching the Bonus Wizard about powers and enhancements. But, to be honest, there's still much to do. It's going to take a few more days to complete.

Plaaaaay the gaaaame, sleeeeeeeeep. You're going to burn out something fierce!

• Like 1

Current release

Mids AI MVP Installer version 0.0.13 - Bonus wizard now uses power and enhancement info.

There's nothing special you have to do to make this work, other than install the new version. Additional benefits from this change will come when I tweak the AI.

But bug fixes come first.

• Like 2

Current release

Mids AI MVP Installer version 0.0.14 - Bug Fixes.

• Bonus Wizard no longer crashes when canceling during an evolve.
  • Bonus Wizard evolve no longer keeps running after a cancel.
  • Fixed a comparison bug that broke Top to Bottom Capped importance.
  • Added a log message for bonuses rejected because of the cap.
Edited by magicjtv
  • Like 2

Current release

Mids AI MVP Installer version 0.0.15 - Bug Fixes.

• Fixed a bug where, when calculating multiple bonuses, one bonus could lower the value of another bonus.
  • Added log message for bonuses rejected for the above reason.

If you've been holding off on trying the bonus wizard until development started to stabilize, you may want to consider trying it now. I'm not claiming perfection, but it's starting to look like something people would actually use.

Here's the output for an Illusion/Dark with Top to Bottom Capped Recharge and recovery. It's not bad.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Secondary Power Set: Darkness Affinity
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile: