DP - Best for Def, Corr or Blaster?

You

Which class can make the most of DP?

I rather like DP.  I am running a DP/Kin corr at the moment but am Interested to know whether I should reroll it to something else to make the most of the powerset.

Thanks!

Well...Hail of Bullets on blaster is pretty useful.

DP in general is very useful on any AT though, as the proc potential is excellent and the swap ammo provides a ton of utility.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

With the no redraw weapon sets work much better for defenders and corrupters now. It’s a good set for all 3. Blaster for max damage, Defender for max support, Corrupter somewhere in between (as a very rough outline!)

Sentinals play much more like ranged Scrappers I believe so comparisons there are more limited.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

52 minutes ago, You said:

So, no one specific AT that DP works better on I presume. 

Not really, all the ranged damage ATs play very differently despite sharing the same blast powersets.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

10 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

With the no redraw weapon sets work much better for defenders and corrupters now. It’s a good set for all 3. Blaster for max damage, Defender for max support, Corrupter somewhere in between (as a very rough outline!)

The Defender vs Corruptor issue is made even more complicated when you factor in that Defenders get a damage boost playing solo (of around 30%) and most sets with -RES come out slightly on top DPS-wise, inluding raiding whole-team DPS by a higher degree. Some support sets are more suited to a defender and get you more DPS - Storm is the best example because it has a stronger debuff and Lightning Storm does about 10% more damage per zap, but neither LS not tornado trigger Scourge so it performs better on a pylon test on a defender. 

If you're always teaming and don't have a -res debuff, corruptor wins - if you mostly play solo or have a -res debuff, defenders either come out on top or are about the same. 

The differences aren't nearly as exaggerated as people assume and a lot of it boils down to what triggers Scourge vs how big the debuffs are vs how many people are on the Defender's team. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
  • Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas