Ele/Dm

Syant

The way I'd probably approach it:

I usually skip Power Sink and Power Surge, but take everything else in Electric Armor. It's a fairly conventional resist-based set that you'll probably slot in a standard way.

Dark Melee isn't a very good set, but its good abilities are truly exceptional.

Shadow Maul is weak on anything but a Tanker, but it's a monster AE on a Tanker. It's your main AE tool and Shadow Maul by itself can beat the AE of entire sets.

Soul Drain is the other key ability. While it's not much use against a single target, it effectively makes you into a Brute when you're farming large spawns.

Beyond this, Midnight Grasp is a decent enough ability. Siphon Life is probably superfluous with Energize.

Taunt is dealer's choice. Some Tankers take it, some do not.

Smite is unnecessary since you're forced to take Shadow Punch. Touch of Fear isn't a particularly good ability. Dark Consumption isn't a particularly good way to restore endurance and it's unnecessary with Electric Armor.

To augment Dark Melee, a good choice would be Soul Mastery for Gloom/Dark Obliteration/Darkest Night.

For the build overall, you need to drop both Energize and Soul Drain from 120 sec to 30 sec. That's +300% recharge. 5 LotG (37.5%) + 5 Purple (50%) + Hasten (65%) + Internal Recharge (100%) = 252.5%. That's a long way short of where you want to be.

One possible solution is Cross Punch. Cross Punch has an AF of 1.19 (if my math is correct). If we slot it with Armageddon, it has a 5.01 adjusted recharge. We can put Force Feedback in the 6th slot (once we've got Armageddon's 5-slot recharge bonus). This would be 2 * (5.01 + 1.67) / (60 * 1.19) = 18.71% proc chance. If we use it every 5 sec, we end up with +28.71% average recharge. However, this requires both Kick and Boxing (which may be one more power than you want to invest). Still, 23.71% average recharge is a decent choice for an attack that's a good backup for Shadow Maul.

In all likelihood, this probably means taking either Spiritual or Agility Alpha to make up the remaining recharge.

So this leaves us with the various attacks for slotting:

Melee: Shadow Punch, Midnight Grasp

PBAoE: Shadow Maul, Soul Drain, Cross Punch, Lightning Field

Ranged: Gloom

Target AE: Dark Obliteration

We already slotted Cross Punch. We're playing Electric Armor, so splitting the ATO doesn't make sense. Might of the Tanker will generally go in the damage aura (Lightning Field). So let's go with Gauntleted Fist in Soul Drain because it has more internal recharge, which leaves Avalanche for Shadow Maul.

For the two melee attacks, we've got Blistering Cold and Hecatomb. Blistering Cold is probably better for the rarely-used Shadow Punch while Hecatomb potentially gives us a spare slot in Midnight Grasp for a proc or other utility.

At this point, we've slotted 3 10% recharges, so we're left with Apocalypse and Ragnarok for Gloom/Dark Obliteration. The 6th slot in each is available for optionals (or you can simply slot the full 6-set).

Taken together, this will give the 50% recharge we need plus a lot of miscellaneous defenses and we'll cap out 6% F/C resist bonuses.

We'll also need 5 Defense powers. We get none from either primary or secondary.

Weave provides one. Combat Jumping is an obvious choice for another. We're committed to Hasten, so that means our 4th pool would be Concealment with its 3 Defense powers. If you're willing to be short one LoTG, you can go with Leadership for Maneuvers/Vengeance.

Between our Resist and Defense powers, we'll need all the uniques (Steadfast Protection, Gladiator's Armor, Shield Wall, Reactive Defenses, Unbreakable Guard). Kismet may or may not be necessary - the offensive powers may or may not be accurate enough for +3 enemies since they're all straight-slotted. Most of your Resist powers will probably use either Aegis or Reactive Armor since you don't need Energy Resist (and raising just your Negative Resist is normally not all that worthwhile). Either Red Fortune or Reactive Defenses can be used to fill out your Defensive powers - just pay attention to the return on your slot investment by boosting your defense powers.

Darkest Night can be 4-slotted with Dark Watcher's Despair if you want the 5% recharge bonus (emphasis on -hit and endurance).

Energize can either be shot-slotted for Heal/Recharge or you can go up to 5-slot Panacea or 6-slot Preventative.

Lightning Speed takes a single Run Speed IO.

Sprint takes Celerity +Sprint.

Health takes Panacea, Numina's and Miracle uniques.

Stamina has various options from Performance Shifter and Power Transfer uniques. If you've got plenty of slots (you almost certainly don't), you could pair both with the EndMod from their sets.

You'll probably end up with hard cap resists with a toxic/cold hole. Psionic probably won't reach hard cap without multiple Impervium + Aegis uniques. Your defenses will be a bit all over the place, but should be in the low 30s or so - if you're really in a dangerous situation, Darkest Night should go a long way towards bring the difference (on top of the fact that your attacks also debuff hit slightly).

Hjarki has already given a comprehensive answer, but I would disagree on not using Siphon Life. Energize is a slow ass 35 second or more heal that does not particularly heal a lot. Siphon life shores that long ass recharge until it comes back up. I'd trade Midnight Grasp long ass animation for Siphon life. Less damage, but interim healing.

23 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Hjarki has already given a comprehensive answer, but I would disagree on not using Siphon Life. Energize is a slow ass 35 second or more heal that does not particularly heal a lot. Siphon life shores that long ass recharge until it comes back up. I'd trade Midnight Grasp long ass animation for Siphon life. Less damage, but interim healing.

I agree with this i use it a lot.

I am 40 and this what i got for powers so far and every this is slot for SOs cause I am old school like that.

Electric Armor: Lightning Field, Charged Armor, Static Shield, Grounded, Conductive Shield, Energize, Lightning Reflexes, Power Sink, Power Surge

Dark Melee: Shadow Punch, Shadow Maul, Siphon Life, Soul Drain, Taunt, Dark Consumption, Midnight Grasp

Experimentation: Speed of Sound, Experimental Injection, Adrenal Booster

Speed: Hasten

I am 40 right now and having a blast with its I am able to end drain most every mob but AVs. I hold aggro like a boss just the hard part is healing my self suck right now with no real sets. But love the in put and the break down was great got to keep it all in mind. Love to see more input.

Edited by Syant

I agree with Hjarki's approach to the build. I love Cross Punch and I think it would pair well with Shadow Maul as an AoE rotation. I found the slotting was tight with that decision though (as I always go for max synergy if I'm taking CP), so I cut taunt in favor of utilizing Gloom and Dark Obliteration (this is not for everyone). My other option would have been to Slot up Shadow Punch (which I do like as a power given its fast cast time and DPA) but then decide what to cut between Siphon Life and Midnight Grasp. Honestly...if it came to it and I need to take Taunt, just cut out Kick and take the weaker CP. 

The build is capped resistance in S/L/F/C/E/P (after 1 ATO stack), with NE near 80% and Toxic near 39%. I softcapped Melee defense to near 45%, almost 48% with Stealth on.

Should be able to hit +4s with 95% chance.

Hasten is perma'd, and Energize/Soul Drain are close to it. With the help of CP, you should be close to perma...or basically perma sometimes, but not all the time...depending on your luck with FF proc and how many hits you get with CP and its 6 seconds of +5% or +10% recharge (depending on level of synergy). Note, the buff is per target hit, so if you can get 5 targets on one swing, you'll enjoy a short 25% or 50% recharge buff for 6 seconds.

Ultimately, I could have allowed a large Toxic hole and not capped Psionic to push other areas a bit more, but ultimately I wanted to soften Toxic damage and leverage the Darkest Night's damage debuff to layer that mitigation.

Finally, I have alternate slotting for Energize, Shadow Maul, and Soul Drain. I put Panacea into Energize and Armageddon into Soul Drain because I wanted to use Enhancement Boosts to improve the recharge. But you could go with Preventative Medicine in stead, and swap the Armageddon and Obliteration between SM and SD (just click Shift+Right Click on the power).

Bopper Elec-DM-Soul - Tanker.mxd

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

16 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I agree with Hjarki's approach to the build. I love Cross Punch and I think it would pair well with Shadow Maul as an AoE rotation. I found the slotting was tight with that decision though (as I always go for max synergy if I'm taking CP), so I cut taunt in favor of utilizing Gloom and Dark Obliteration (this is not for everyone). My other option would have been to Slot up Shadow Punch (which I do like as a power given its fast cast time and DPA) but then decide what to cut between Siphon Life and Midnight Grasp. Honestly...if it came to it and I need to take Taunt, just cut out Kick and take the weaker CP. 

The build is capped resistance in S/L/F/C/E/P (after 1 ATO stack), with NE near 80% and Toxic near 39%. I softcapped Melee defense to near 45%, almost 48% with Stealth on.

Should be able to hit +4s with 95% chance.

Hasten is perma'd, and Energize/Soul Drain are close to it. With the help of CP, you should be close to perma...or basically perma sometimes, but not all the time...depending on your luck with FF proc and how many hits you get with CP and its 6 seconds of +5% or +10% recharge (depending on level of synergy). Note, the buff is per target hit, so if you can get 5 targets on one swing, you'll enjoy a short 25% or 50% recharge buff for 6 seconds.

Ultimately, I could have allowed a large Toxic hole and not capped Psionic to push other areas a bit more, but ultimately I wanted to soften Toxic damage and leverage the Darkest Night's damage debuff to layer that mitigation.

Finally, I have alternate slotting for Energize, Shadow Maul, and Soul Drain. I put Panacea into Energize and Armageddon into Soul Drain because I wanted to use Enhancement Boosts to improve the recharge. But you could go with Preventative Medicine in stead, and swap the Armageddon and Obliteration between SM and SD (just click Shift+Right Click on the power).

Bopper Elec-DM-Soul - Tanker.mxd 5.33 kB · 0 downloads

WoW thanks nice to see it in the builder. Might play around with this build.