Sav/Ice blood cubes

Syant

Self healing is not good and endurance consumption is heavy to the point we are expected to throw EA every fight or so and in singe target situations we need to detoggle to not run dry.

I suggest either Dark Melee/Ice or Savage/Rad. Rad Armor isn't terribly interesting for Scrappers due to the 75% resist cap but the set has two heals and it can be made to work as long as working towards reaching the cap and not stay at middling ranges.

6 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Self healing is not good and endurance consumption is heavy to the point we are expected to throw EA every fight or so and in singe target situations we need to detoggle to not run dry.

I suggest either Dark Melee/Ice or Savage/Rad. Rad Armor isn't terribly interesting for Scrappers due to the 75% resist cap but the set has two heals and it can be made to work as long as working towards reaching the cap and not stay at middling ranges.

Ya super end problems but is a fun build have one sitting at 48 right now.

With a lot of investment I think ice might be the best pairing for savage, but should be done on a stalker imo. Adding AS makes a big difference on single target damage and you don't really lose anything in the trade except for icicles. If you get your recharge high enough you can perma hoarfrost and use icy bastion fairly regularly, so your self healing should be fine. Don't allow yourself to hit full frenzy stacks before using hem and you'll maintain some constant recharge and end redux bonuses.

48 minutes ago, JayboH said:

One wouldn't think end would be that bad considering EA recovers and Savage grants nice end discounts that only vanish when burning your stacks

The end discount, in practical terms, is not even noticed. The end discount is easily eaten by the very fast and fluid attack animations that leave little in the way of pauses for endurance to have a chance to tick up. EA does its job and a panting Ice Armor character will clutch it as a life buoy since Ice Armor has a wee bit too many toggles. Slow aura, anti mez aura, damage aura, physical shield aura, energy shield aura. That makes, in my experience, EA mandatory at each spawn and not enough when fighting a single target.

It works, of course it works, we can make everything work between IOs and incarnates, but that's my experience with it.

22 hours ago, Sovera said:

The end discount, in practical terms, is not even noticed. The end discount is easily eaten by the very fast and fluid attack animations that leave little in the way of pauses for endurance to have a chance to tick up. EA does its job and a panting Ice Armor character will clutch it as a life buoy since Ice Armor has a wee bit too many toggles. Slow aura, anti mez aura, damage aura, physical shield aura, energy shield aura. That makes, in my experience, EA mandatory at each spawn and not enough when fighting a single target.

It works, of course it works, we can make everything work between IOs and incarnates, but that's my experience with it.

I mean compared to other sets, Savage (and Staff) are very, very noticeable when it comes to lighter end use while leveling.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

2 hours ago, Microcosm said:

I find it noticeable if I avoid exhaustion. If going in and out of exhaustion, the end redux is not up enough.

It's still there vs other sets (other than staff.)  It's true however that if you purposely cancel the end cost benefits of either set, you don't get them, which just means it is working as intended.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

• 3 weeks later

Could use some help on a build idea please.

This what i got so far.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Savage Melee
Secondary Power Set: Ice Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(3), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Frozen Armor -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(5), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(7), LucoftheG-Rchg+(9), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Shred -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Rchg(46), Obl-Dmg(46)
Level 4: Hoarfrost -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(11), Prv-Heal/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(13), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(13)
Level 6: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 8: Vicious Slash -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(39), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(39), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(40)
Level 10: Wet Ice -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Chilling Embrace -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A)
Level 14: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(15)
Level 16: Glacial Armor -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(19), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 18: Rending Flurry -- SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(A), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(43)
Level 20: Energy Absorption -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(21), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(23), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 22: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(29), UnbGrd-ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(34)
Level 26: Hemorrhage -- TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(A), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(50), TchofDth-Dam%(50)
Level 28: Permafrost -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam(34)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(31), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(37)
Level 35: Icicles -- Obl-%Dam(A), Arm-Dam%(36)
Level 38: Icy Bastion -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(48), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), RgnTss-Regen+(45), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 47: Super Speed -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 49: Burnout -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(19)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(21)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 

------------

Edited by Syant

• 1 year later
12 hours ago, Syant said:

Still looking for so pointers on build not a big def set builder.

Hmm..

For starters, try to find a way to get the +50% ATO into Savage Leap; the set bonuses from that set are ok, but you get more mileage out of the CS proc putting it into Leap and not slotting any additional recharge into the power.  I typically like FotG -Res, SCS +50%Crit, <%dmg proc>, <%dmg proc>, Acc/Dam, Acc/Dam - sets on the last two depend on what else is in there and if any 2-slot bonuses might be useful.  Been a minute since I looked at my savage scrapper.

The other ATO set can be split into 2 sets of 3 (trading out 3 of the Mako's pieces for 1 half of that) to double up on that S/L bonus, which should give you more flex on your toggle slotting.  You can get back the recharge bonus in purples or other ways, or 2-3 slot winters (next to that split SSS set, for example) to stack slow resistance.

EA is set to 10 targets on opening the build.  I'd dial that back down for a better sense of base #'s.

Where you've got 4-6 pieces of LotG you might as well 4 slot Shield Wall + LotG +Rech; the +hp bonus is higher and the nrg/neg resist is useful.

Are you married to Body pool?  Some more efficient slotting on things like Weave, Chilling, and Icicles should free up your pool choice I would think.

Why Burnout?

Edited by InvaderStych
couple adds

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Burnout was more a filler power and an o shit pop to get back things that could pull me back on top. Nice to seem where I can improve Sets are still kind of new thing never was great at them. Was a big SO sloted player and set came out and through my game off lol.