Respec tweak

It would sure be nice to be able to use a respec but get the option of starting with your character as is and then remove specific IO's and replace them. Or once the slot is empty move it to a different power and slot that power instead rather than having to start with picking everything again from scratch.

Don't know that that's possible.
From what I understand, there's a lot of check-sum'ing to make sure that your character is built legally.
Using your method might, somehow, make it possible to illegally place enhancements.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

It's not about simply unslotting an IO to move it - everyone is aware of that functionality. The part that makes respeccing such a drag is being forced to start from level 1 all over again, simply because the devs didn't want to/didn't see the benefit to create a better, different UI capable of a more granular approach to choosing powers and slots. Chances are, whatever you're changing, 75% of your power and slot choices will remain the same, IO's notwithstanding. It makes more sense, to me, to rearrange the 

It's WAY too much clicking, across a full screen UI that blocks all view and interaction of the entire game, including chat. I can't be the only person playing this game that experiences some form of mobility or pain issues that repetitive mouse clicking exacerbates.  I would literally pay for something that functioned more like Mid's, with power dragging to rearrange, and clicking to remove slots from powers. And I don't see why an improved process has to be any different than it is now in terms of checking whether or not powers and slots are placed legally. Code already exists that keeps our choices within these limitations, so you simply can't finish the process until these conditions are met.

Of course, I don't believe these changes will ever make it into the game, because it would still be a lot of work to implement, but folks can dream.

• Like 1

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

It may not be feasible to change the current respec process, but it would certainly be nice to have a process that allows the player to start with their current build and simply add/remove powers/slots.  I know when playing a new power set I tend to take all the powers and then respec at the end to remove the ones that didn't work as I thought they would.  It would be nice to just be able to swap that one power without having to re-slot all the powers I am going to keep.

Also, it would be fantastic to have a "Remove all Enh" if there are enough unslotters in the players inventory.  Having to click, hold, then drag the enh away is a real pain when there are 50+ and I don't want to just respec to remove them all.

Ya as an example right now I need to just remove a slot from a primary T4 power and move it to a power pool power and then add the proper IO to that power. So I think it would be great if there would be some way to do just that without having to pick all powers and assign all slots and IO's to just accomplish that simple change.  Not saying it would be easy but it sure would be great.

Considering Respecs were a tacked-on feature, I think it's already cobbled together with duct tape and exotic materials.  I believe to address the problems with Respec'ing, the Team would need to redevelop the entire level-up code from scratch.

On the other hand, we've seen some miracles getting worked by random folks now that the code is out in the wild.  Have any of the other servers out there managed to address these issues yet?  If not, then chances are good the underlying problems are pretty significant.