Elec/?

00Troy00

I want to make an Elec blast corrupter to get in on the super team event on Excelsior this Sunday. Any ideas about meshes well with that primary?

(I looked at Electrical for the secondary as well, but am not really thrilled about a power set that requires I have to have someone to bounce stuff off of). 

Thanks

Edited by 00Troy00

2 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

I want to make an Elec blast corrupter to get in on the super team event on Excelsior this Sunday. Any ideas about meshes well with that primary?

(I looked at Electrical for the secondary as well, but am not really thrilled about a power set that requires I have to have someone to bounce stuff off of). 

Thanks

okay, I have never personally tried Elec Affin yet, I have a healthy backlog of alts to work my way throuigh before I create any more.... at least until a really cool name pops into my head....

But my understanding is Electric Affinty can chain it's powers off it's own pet.  The T3 power, Galvanic Sentinel.

IF that is true... then you can always at least chain it off your pet to hit you. 

Anyone able to confirm this?  or am I hallucinating again?

5 minutes ago, MTeague said:

okay, I have never personally tried Elec Affin yet, I have a healthy backlog of alts to work my way throuigh before I create any more.... at least until a really cool name pops into my head....

But my understanding is Electric Affinty can chain it's powers off it's own pet.  The T3 power, Galvanic Sentinel.

IF that is true... then you can always at least chain it off your pet to hit you. 

Anyone able to confirm this?  or am I hallucinating again?

Yes, you can chain off of Galvanic Sentinel

What this team needs is more Defenders

5 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Yes, you can chain off of Galvanic Sentinel

Unfortunately, the Sentinel is a bit squishy (40% Energy, 30% S/L Resist, no Defense). So even with your heals/absorbs/bubble it can be tricky to keep alive.

In any case, the original question is about Electrical Blast. I'd argue the best thematic combination would be Storm Summoning (which also happens to be one of the most potent support sets in its own right). However, Electrical Blast on Blasters/Defenders/Corruptors isn't generally a very strong set. It's much better on Sentinels and there are a host of other Electric-based power sets in other AT that are very good.

Kinetics is another decent option.

• 2 years later
  • 1 month later
On 7/12/2022 at 7:51 PM, ChromeFamily said:

Elec/Storm?

Definitely a good and natural combo. But of you have a problem with bouncing heals off something, how do people feel about no heal?  I think it's fine because of the extra damage that storm brings.

Another good match is Kinetics to help with the endurance drain and damage.

Cold and Thermal also have synergy with -End/recovery.

Other than that Elec body is good enough on its own to pair with anything.