Good powerset combo's

Narosian

1 hour ago, SomeGuy said:

I've been seeing some cool things with the TP pool since the changes. I'm gonna take a look at it. I've been a huge combat jumping fan for forever and I love the speed/mobility it provides in combat. And the fact it's an easy +DEF to all and an LOTG mule.

I've been futzing with the TP pool because I think it's cool, but it has drawbacks in the build outcome when compared to options like CJ or Hover, as you described. CJ gives so much, it's almost required for a melee. 

On the other hand, it's refreshing to do something differently, and my teleporting kat/ea feels like a different creature because of it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Grimm2 said:

I've been futzing with the TP pool because I think it's cool, but it has drawbacks in the build outcome when compared to options like CJ or Hover, as you described. CJ gives so much, it's almost required for a melee. 

On the other hand, it's refreshing to do something differently, and my teleporting kat/ea feels like a different creature because of it. 

The best use case for foldspace as a scrapper I think is with Dark Melee to maximize Soul Drain and Dark Consumption, or for Bio Armor pbaoe based click powers as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't messed too much with Fold Space; the AoE tank that leaned into it sort of stalled due to my not being able to get over Rad Melee's animations and it felt sort of slow on the (savage/I forget) scrapper that I tried it on. 

Leveraging it for Soul Drain is on another level though; that sounds like good times.

I have, and will continue, to preach upon the altar of Combat Teleport.  It's just too good; any single-button bind (I use a mouse thumb button) to "target."  The only time I drop Combat Jumping to keep it is if the toon flies.  I've gone so far as to drop Hasten on a Blaster in order to keep it, heresy, I know. 😛 Don't care.  It's too good for mobility.  Combined with binds to find pesky targets (Sappers, *** of Sorrow, etc) and their basically done for.

Click on a teammate in trouble, CT to them and save them from the floor.  Double Edit: One of my new favorite tricks, though it works better with Burst of Speed because of the longer range, is to select the team mate who has stealth'd or sped their way forward on the map, then port to their location when within range.

Click on a trainer or vendor and *bamf.*

Also, it tricks NPCs into *sprinting* after you during rescue/kidnap missions.  They'll go casual walking pace normally, but something about CT's 100' range makes them want to sprint to catch you.

Edit:

It does have its limits.  Those who are practiced at jousting might find it more cumbersome.  Take Shadow Meld, for example, you can move during it's activation, letting you close into melee while it activates.  CT you have to wait until it is done activating before you port into melee.  Ditto for anyone really good at nuke-jousting... which I guess less of a thing here in scrapper-ville, but ymmv.

One more trick to try:

If you can hit it fast enough after taking down Carnies you'll port out of their sapper-patch before it activates on you.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

• 3 weeks later

StJ is way in the lead in terms of fun for me, but I did it on a Stalker. I got WP and SR to 50 although the WP on a Brute. I need to try out Nin at some point. WP tends to win by default as I don't like click mezzes, but SR is still great. If I didn't already have a level 50 Stalker version, I would do StJ/ea in a heartbeat in terms of pure fun.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."