Good powerset combo's

Narosian

I really enjoyed my Spines/Willpower scrapper.  Spines is a cheap set to trick out because you can get good bonuses from sets that are not much in demand. 

There are a couple Chance for Recharge Slow procs that it takes, Dark Watcher's Despair IIRC, and you can have multiple instances of that in your aura, your pulsing

PBAOE, and even Caltrops.  That puts a lot of debuff on the baddies in very short time. 

Spines is a very end heavy set, so Willpower is the obvious secondary.  When nothing else was going on I'd log to my spines scrapper and go work the Roman wall.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

So it has been a long time, can any fill me in on some of the best power sets for the scrapper?

Best Scrapper Primary - Yes

Best Scrapper Secondary - Yes

All allow you to scrap, and scrap well. Choose your favorite and run to town. Kil skul.

Death is the best debuff.

I really enjoyed my Spines/Willpower scrapper.  Spines is a cheap set to trick out because you can get good bonuses from sets that are not much in demand. 

There are a couple Chance for Recharge Slow procs that it takes, Dark Watcher's Despair IIRC, and you can have multiple instances of that in your aura, your pulsing

PBAOE, and even Caltrops.  That puts a lot of debuff on the baddies in very short time. 

Spines is a very end heavy set, so Willpower is the obvious secondary.  When nothing else was going on I'd log to my spines scrapper and go work the Roman wall.

This. I used one to farm with just an SO build until I made enough inf to put just a few decent sets to make him more efficient. I funded quite a few builds with this char plus now, with the new Pool Powers, there are a few

decent ST attacks to pump up a bit your ST dmg.

Correction: you want Dark Watcher's Despair for WP Rise to the Challenge.  For the Spines attacks the proc is in Pacing of the Turtle. 

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I'm rolling with a Katana/Dark scrap and it's pretty good so far. The lotus drops attack from katana gives a temporary def bonus, death shroud from dark armor

provides some aoe damage where katana has only 2 aoe attacks, as well as keeping them from attacking you with cloak of fear while you dish out single target

attacks. Only issue is it's a endurance hog at lower levels but if you slot out your endurance power with 3 END enhancements you'll be ok.

I never did much with Titan Weapons seven years ago.  Just started an alt, and chose Willpower.  I suspect the set is end heavy and not terribly fast.  But it adds defense, which will help Willpower to keep you alive.  Looks like there are many multi targeted attacks, which will ultimately help tricking it out with sets, those being somewhat less in demand. 

It really depends on your play style which primary/secondary that you choose.

I don't do a lot of teaming with my scrappers so I go for a build that is more self sufficient and more focused on single target than groups.

Because of this I tend to focus my secondaries on defense rather than resistance.

My main scrapper is a Martial Arts/Ninjitsu which does really well solo imo. Could easily swap out/Ninjitsu for SR or NrG.

I think everyone has different playstyles - do you want a team or solo scrapper?  AoE or Bosskiller?  How expensive will the build be?  The synergies of various combos depend on what you want.

My personal quick overview:

Shield is the "best" secondary.  It's got great defenses and offense.

Willpower is generically useful and easy to level with, goes great if you want an "invisible" secondary.

Fire does the most damage, but the tradeoff is to be a little more squishy.

Those 3 are my favorites, mostly because I like damage causing energizer bunnies.  I think WP is superior to Regen.

Primaries:

Spines for AoE.

Fire for best damage overall.

Dark is nice damage combined with added survivability.

Katana, Claws, MA and BS for solid single target.

My DM/Shield was built for damage and could still tank for a TF.  Might have been my best overall toon, but he was uber expensive.

Regen, if you were willing to slot it right to allow you to run Instant Healing continuously, was a good secondary. Unfortunately, after a badly screwed up evaluation on their internal server, where they were able to have a Claws/Regen Scrapper take on solo spawns at +4 levels sized for an eight-player team (and over the vociferous denials from the players that this was possible), Regen was reworked into a click-based set making many of the powers situational. It was only after this was done that the devs discovered -- or had to admit -- that their internal server had a bug that did not reduce to-hit and damage against higher-level opponents, and their test Scrapper was hitting about six times as often doing five times the damage it should have, and their evaluation of Regen was worthless... but the changes to Regen were kept.

When Willpower was released, it became the fire-and-forget secondary that Regen had been, making it a solid choice for people who didn't want to micromanage their defenses.

I remember back in the Day Spines/Invul was a GOD.

Unkillable. Way before COV

used that wolf farm portal mission

PL"d lots of people that way

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

• 2 weeks later

My best scrapper ever was DM/Inv. She infamously managed to solo 9 AVs at once (took a while and a few tries though). Built for it, it'll be the most survivable scrapper you've ever had in your hands. Also, you'll need to hit the inf cap twice to buy everything you'll need lol.

My favorite for serious IO'd out +4x8 survivability was my Katana/Dark. Big (only?) weakness - defense debuffs. I also hated not having a taunt aura. Rerolled as a Brute shortly before the shutdown but never got the Brute IO'd out.

I did most of my farming on an IO'd out Fire/Shield concept build with an attack chain of only the fire sword attacks rather than an optimal attack chain. Took massive recharge to do the fire sword attack chain, and the attack chain included an AoE. He did use other attacks, but they weren't the main chain.

I think those were the two I had the most fun playing, that I spent the most time playing. Well, I probably spent more total hours on my Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster and my namesake Katana/Regen Scrapper, but I'd long since mostly abandoned playing them in favor of the two above. And just leveling up other combinations for fun.

I may level a Katana/Willpower first now just because I'm a newb again, and it should be easy leveling one without giving up anything in top end potential.

My favorite for serious IO'd out +4x8 survivability was my Katana/Dark. Big (only?) weakness - defense debuffs. I also hated not having a taunt aura. Rerolled as a Brute shortly before the shutdown but never got the Brute IO'd out.

I did most of my farming on an IO'd out Fire/Shield concept build with an attack chain of only the fire sword attacks rather than an optimal attack chain. Took massive recharge to do the fire sword attack chain, and the attack chain included an AoE. He did use other attacks, but they weren't the main chain.

I think those were the two I had the most fun playing, that I spent the most time playing. Well, I probably spent more total hours on my Assault Rifle/Devices Blaster and my namesake Katana/Regen Scrapper, but I'd long since mostly abandoned playing them in favor of the two above. And just leveling up other combinations for fun.

I may level a Katana/Willpower first now just because I'm a newb again, and it should be easy leveling one without giving up anything in top end potential.

OMG Werner what's up dude!

So far Staff/Willpower is working out well. WP as always is solid, but I wasn't quite expecting Staff to e as much fun as it it. Just wish there were a few more staff options, more on the tech leaning side.

OMG Werner what's up dude!

Howdy! Got married, got divorced, remodeled my house, almost died, nothin' much. How are you?

This is Santorican btw lol. Sounds like you've been living! I'm good! Got married, had a baby, ate the baby, move a few states and jobs.

This thread makes me feel warm and fuzzy - hey, guys! :D

As for the topic, anything /Shield is good, but BS/Shield is especially satisfying to me.  Frankly, it's the most satisfying sword and board experience I've had in any computer game.

DB/SR is another combo I particularly enjoy, especially with /SR's recharge bonus nearly making BF-AV available all on its own (with 3 SOs-worth of recharge in BF, you're just under 15% global recharge away).

Bonnes from the old forums.

's doesn't make things plural