Balance this game for the love of all things that are good and great

No.

You want a balanced difficult game, go somewhere else. Sentinels is what you get when you balance, a boring, average and uninteresting AT. This is a power fantasy and it's meant to be unbalanced and powerful.

So in short, no.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RCPK said:

It does not lock out anyone, true, but it certainly makes it less fun and appealing knowing that your electric/electric blaster stands little chance against some of the better meta builds out there, wouldn't you agree?

Dude a good PvP player is going to make any set work.  Fire blast isn't some instant I win button in PvP. 

See this is the wonderful

8 minutes ago, Night said:

No.

You want a balanced difficult game, go somewhere else. Sentinels is what you get when you balance, a boring, average and uninteresting AT. This is a power fantasy and it's meant to be unbalanced and powerful.

So in short, no.

Subjective opinion, subjective opinion. 

I am for order and balance, you are for chaos. May as well play the JOKER builds. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RCPK said:

So long as there are discussions and suggestions for nerfs and buffs and which build is best, you cannot say that the game is balanced. 

PROVE ME WRONG.

Saying the game is imbalanced because one set does more damage than another without taking into account other factors such as mitigation and secondary effects does not make it true. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RCPK said:

It opens the door to PvP. It let's players forget about number crunching to make the best build and allows for the focus to be on themes, customization, animation preferences. It makes the focus more on the archetype and less on the powersets.

PvP players don't care about themes, customization or animation preferences.  They care about what works best to lock foes in place, deal damage efficiently and staying alive.

In fact, I'd wager most PvP players across many games care mostly about PvP effectiveness.  Themes, customization, and stuff not related to effectiveness is usually the realm of PvE players that like to look pretty on teams or RP certain concepts.

PvP is a very different realm.  Clout, skill, merit, adaptability, knowledge...those are the things that matter to PvPers.  Overall, CoX isn't a particularly skill-based game though.  Certainly not on the level of other twitch-based reaction type competitive gameplay like your arena shooters, battlegrounds or even MOBA and RTS type games.  Some MMORPGs have some really good PvP but it's not really the realm of CoX at all. 

2 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Saying the game is imbalanced because one set does more damage than another without taking into account other factors such as mitigation and secondary effects does not make it true. 

Ah, but my good friend, I NEVER SAID THAT. Or at least if I did, I take it back. But please, search my post history and prove me wrong on that one if you can. 

And the point I made, 

So long as there are discussions and suggestions for nerfs and buffs and which build is best, you cannot say that the game is balanced. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Night said:

This is a power fantasy and it's meant to be unbalanced and powerful.

I think you've hit on the major difference between PvE and PvP in this game (maybe all MMOs, but especially here).  PvE is, in some sense, a power fantasy.  PvP cannot be a power fantasy, because then a person comes out on bottom of the power struggle.

But in PvP, someone comes out on bottom anyway, usually because they have less in the way of experience, skill, resources, or teammates, which are things that homogenization will not solve.

2 minutes ago, Naraka said:

PvP players don't care about themes, customization or animation preferences.  They care about what works best to lock foes in place, deal damage efficiently and staying alive.

In fact, I'd wager most PvP players across many games care mostly about PvP effectiveness.  Themes, customization, and stuff not related to effectiveness is usually the realm of PvE players that like to look pretty on teams or RP certain concepts.

PvP is a very different realm.  Clout, skill, merit, adaptability, knowledge...those are the things that matter to PvPers.  Overall, CoX isn't a particularly skill-based game though.  Certainly not on the level of other twitch-based reaction type competitive gameplay like your arena shooters, battlegrounds or even MOBA and RTS type games.  Some MMORPGs have some really good PvP but it's not really the realm of CoX at all. 

"PvP players don't care about themes" 

Subjective opinion, blanket statement. I am a PvP player, (also a PvE player) that cares about themes. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, RCPK said:

"PvP players don't care about themes" 

Subjective opinion, blanket statement. I am a PvP player, (also a PvE player) that cares about themes. 

Then you're PvPing wrong.

The difference between PvP and PvE is there is a right and wrong way to play it and the right way doesn't care about your wrong way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

But in PvP, someone comes out on bottom anyway, usually because they have less in the way of experience, skill, resources, or teammates, which are things that homogenization will not solve.

These four factors you stated, experience, skill, resources, or teammates, these are ACCEPTABLE. They are acceptable BECAUSE they do not necessarily rely on having a powerset imbalance. Eliminating powerset imbalances would open the door to PvP and make it more enjoyable, take away from the hardcore PvPers that crunch numbers to gain unfair advantages through meta builds. 

15 minutes ago, RCPK said:

PROVE ME WRONG.

Welcome to games with multiple playstyles, people will argue that their way of having fun is better than your way of having fun, that's just how it is.

47 minutes ago, RCPK said:

blasters focus more on what they are meant for, DAMAGE DEALING NOT MITIGATION. 

I could not disagree more with this statement. 

The PRIMARY focus of a blaster is Damage, sure. 

But if you're doing Dark Blast, yes, you are darn well providing mitigation to the team, and it's a poor blaster who is unaware of this fact.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RCPK said:

Ah, but my good friend, I NEVER SAID THAT. Or at least if I did, I take it back. But please, search my post history and prove me wrong on that one if you can. 

Here you go.

"You can clearly get a good idea that fire blasters would easily dominate in PvP based on the DPAs alone. "

You are quite clearly alluding to one set being superior to the other based on DPS alone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

Welcome to games with multiple playstyles, people will argue that their way of having fun is better than your way of having fun, that's just how it is.

You know what? You are right, it is how it is. And it's how it was 10 years ago. And it probably will be, based on everyone's responses here. 

But that doesn't make it RIGHT or FAIR or BALANCED. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RCPK said:

These four factors you stated, experience, skill, resources, or teammates, these are ACCEPTABLE. They are acceptable BECAUSE they do not necessarily rely on having a powerset imbalance. Eliminating powerset imbalances would open the door to PvP and make it more enjoyable, take away from the hardcore PvPers that crunch numbers to gain unfair advantages through meta builds. 

Hardcore PvPers will always have an advantage over less skilled players.  Homogenizing everything will not correct that.

I was going to go on a longer post, but then I noted that OP is throwing a ton of concern and vitriol for an account that was created on Friday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

2 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Hardcore PvPers will always have an advantage over less skilled players.  Homogenizing everything will not correct that.

It would TAKE AWAY from the certain advantages that hardcore PvPers have by selecting META builds, through the balancing of the powersets, would it not?