Cleaner Color Scheme for Forum Export

r0y

I love theory-crafting and a lot of this is done with interaction with other people via the forums.  The default color schemes feel like they were quickly slapped together, without regard for anything really.  So I found a nice scheme that I use, and have two small requests / wishes.

1)  Ability for users to save/load their own color schemes to a specific directory (I've lost mine because I purged/updated mids so many times...) or save it in the users folder (e.g. Documents on windows); and

2)  Add or revamp the default schemes.  Maybe prune them down.

Here is my favorite scheme (so far):

image.png.148f4261b2d8f807892745aa42e9477d.png =image.png.d4a22bb932a07500dfbcb209a7806c5f.png

Much easier on the eyes, IMnsHO.

JSON insert text (for those who do that):

Spoiler

{
        "SchemeName": "r0y",
        "Title": "253, 173, 66",
        "Heading": "232, 134, 2",
        "Level": "170, 170, 190",
        "Slots": "245, 200, 60",
        "Power": "250, 225, 150",
        "IOColor": "250, 200, 140",
        "SetColor": "250, 190, 120",
        "HOColor": "232, 215, 232"
      }

Which looks like this, when inserted into Config.json in the Mids\Data directory:

image.png.c29317739d7aaa99e404e0b6519f54ea.png

Edited by r0y
added config.json text insert blurb
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 9:37 AM, Derek Icelord said:

You can delete color schemes (and formatting codes) from the Configuration menu.

True, and you can delete them from the .json file, as well...  I was just hoping for a bit more user-friendly save/load.  The cleaning up of available color schemes was more to prevent the very poor schemes from being used (I still cringe when I see some of them in the forums).

A snippet from our private chatter as food for thought:

GngYJwN.png

Obviously don't read too much into this at the moment as nothing is set in stone, but Metalios has been spending a good amount of time redoing various things in Mids. Since he intends on redoing the Discord export, it's possible the others may end up caught up in the construction. We can make a note about this for the future.

Also, keep in mind that while you may like that color scheme, that'd be horrifying for some colorblind variations. 😛

• Like 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

On 6/11/2020 at 3:00 PM, Felis Noctu said:

Also, keep in mind that while you may like that color scheme, that'd be horrifying for some colorblind variations. 😛

Well, I did run it though a color blind simulator and it looks great in all the options/simulations it had.  I am not color blind, so I'll take your word for it.

On 6/16/2020 at 8:27 AM, r0y said:

Well, I did run it though a color blind simulator and it looks great in all the options/simulations it had.  I am not color blind, so I'll take your word for it.

I like that you have a color blind simulator on hand, I wish I had that for some presentations I did in the past. I tend to use traffic light representation in performance analysis, green is good, red is bad, yellow is somewhere in between  (also, blue is excellent and black is horrible...but i digress).

So I made it a habit to include the numbers for why it's good/bad overlaid onto the color rating and I inverted the color of the number's text. So white letters on red, black letters on green. It was hacky, but it was actually appreciated when I was presenting to a lead engineer of a company who happened to be color blind. He appreciated the effort.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 6/16/2020 at 8:27 AM, r0y said:

I admit I was just assuming based on the limited spread of colors. I lived with someone who was pretty severe red-green, so it was something that was on my mind fairly often.

I'm honestly surprised at how well that works, looking at it through the various filters. Even Mono is clearly defined and readable! I apologize for the assumption. I'll see if we can push this as an option for output, maybe even as the default. It seems to work pretty well!

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Thanks 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon