Granite Armor Changes

Granite Armor  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see Granite Armor in the future?

• I like it how it is, please don't change it.
    • I like how it is, but I would like to use the new models.
    • I don't like how it is, I would like to see it become an entirely new power with new models.
    • I don't like how it is, I would like it changed but keep the original models.
    • I like how it is, but would like to have a choice between the old and new Granite Armor (like Practiced Brawler/Master Brawler)
    • I don't like how it is, but would like to have a choice between the old and new Granite Armor (like Practiced Brawler/Master Brawler)

My experience with Stone Armor is incomplete.  I made a TW/Stone brute deliberately because it was going to be slow at everything.  I’m just about to ding 38, and I’m looking forward to the new experience.  I only took the first armor because I guessed that I would have respecced out of the other ones anyway.

Speaking for rooted, it’s a pain but an addressable pain.  But I knowingly chose to play with it.  I do like to play things in a difficult fashion, but that’s my choice, not anyone else’s.

I’m 100% for appearance option changes.  Appearance choices are GOOD!

Who run Bartertown?

On 6/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, AerialAssault said:

Hot take: Granite Armour is the most powerful T9 out of all the Defence sets. It has massive advantages with virtually no drawbacks save one; mobility.

-DMG

-RCH

-Costume

On 6/4/2020 at 8:00 PM, Hyperstrike said:

So, what's the use of being able to stand there against an enemy 24/7 if you can't actually DEFEAT it?  Or you're just barely able to, but it's ALWAYS stretched into a TWO HOUR click-fest SLOG?

Because when it was introduced they expected you to be part of a team which would be doing the defeating, I'd expect.

Also, for the OP:

"but would like to have a choice between the old and new Granite Armor (like Practiced Brawler/Master Brawler)"

It was my impression this wouldn't be done again because of it being a pain (or hack or some such.)

For me, I've run Stones. Yes, I think they need some sort of updating, but at the same time, part of what I like is the feel of *being* this massive, immovable Earth-avatar. Not sure how to reconcile that with how the game is now. That said, Kheldian Dwarf form is *also* supposed to be massive and still can keep up (granted, built in teleport helps, but even without it's not slow - it just feels fairly massive.) Perhaps lowering (but not completely eliminating) the jump and speed debuffs would help with that while allowing more mobility. And, honestly, yeah. Getting rid of the -dmg. I mean, even if you're missing some... "finesse" damage from being a giant rock, you're a giant rock who can put some weight behind your attacks. 🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

The way the game is built, it is absolute torture if you cannot move vertically. It's bad enough bluside and in door missions where there are so many immovable objects and mobs that cannot be displaced. It's the main reason I avoid redside: the zones are a pain to navigate on the ground.

How about making Rooted work like Electric Armor's Grounded where the buffs only work while you're on the ground but you can still jump and maneuver?

For Granite, I think it'd be cool if it had the same Lava and Crystal skins as the Earth Control set.

I haven't played a Stone armor and probably never will because I really like being nimble. But aren't the DE critters that look like Granite more maneuverable than a Granite tank?

I always played a Stone Tanker and i love it. I like how granite armor works and the malus to movement. Using a slow and clumsy behemoth for me is a part of the fun of playing a Granite Tank.

I think movement restrictions are right to characterize this type of character. For this reason I would prefer that the granite armor continues to function as always. As for the possibility of choosing new models, I totaly agree and I would like to suggest making them a little bigger than the original model.