[Afterburner] +def -fly protection ... only effecting self?

1 hour ago, Joshex said:

regardless, CoH has it's flaws, maybe that's why in your opinion the game isn't built for this kinda "abuse" where afterburner or even invis could still grant def in combat. I took this topic to the discord chat and we all agreed, and I hope you will too, that it's probably not best to modify these pool powers at all. it's the blaster ancillaries that need reworks. especially munitions armor. We agreed such powers probably should give better benefits especially in the def department and should probably be toggles not click type or auto.

I know, I know.  I just this morning promised not to touch this thread again.

I fail.  My willpower is weak. 🙁

But really, this is kinda different.  I get to AGREE with you!  Not the whole post, just this one point.  If you want changes are to be made at all for a stronger Constant-On defense power or Toggle defense power, of the strength that you want, then Epic Pools / Ancillary pools are the appropriate venue to pursue that. 

I will say that you already have TWO such options, today and now, 

Admittedly, Scorpion Shield is a Patron Pool, not an epic pool.  Which means you'd have to spend X time as a Rogue or Villain. And I definitely have a suite of "dedicated heroes" who will simply never go villain, but for whom, Ice is not really their metaphor either. 

Maybe something like an Energy Aura toggle https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Energy_Aura#Kinetic_Shield  would be a nice option to provide +DEF without having to be surrounded in ice, and without having to do Black Scorption's bidding.  By no means guaranteed they'd do that, but having something like that as an alternate Ancillary pool option would be nice.  They'd never let you take this AND Body Armor... but a "Energy Mastery" blaster Ancillary pool, could be added without skewing overall game balance.

EDIT:  though I'm sure a Blaster Ancillary version of Kinetic Shield would not come with any Defense Debuff Resistance.

Edited by MTeague
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Maybe something like an Energy Aura toggle https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Energy_Aura#Kinetic_Shield  would be a nice option to provide +DEF without having to be surrounded in ice, and without having to do Black Scorption's bidding.  By no means guaranteed they'd do that, but having something like that as an alternate Ancillary pool option would be nice.  They'd never let you take this AND Body Armor... but a "Energy Mastery" blaster Ancillary pool, could be added without skewing overall game balance.

We're on the same page as far as what power would be a good swap in for body armor. I was actually thinking of the Kinetic Dampener temp you can buy from the p2w but kinetic shield is the power it was based off of anyway. It has some visual to it and looks like it'd be pushing away things like bullets n'fists, maybe some energy as well since scorp shield does that...would endorse this change 100%.

Afterthought: Even if it was just Scorp shield's numbers with kinetic's visuals I'd be perfectly happy, you really can't argue that its an amazing defense power plus toxic res.

Edited by The Godchild
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 4:56 PM, Wavicle said:

Without meaning to be rude, the reason you are seeing so much pushback against this idea is because our experience of the game does not align with the things you are saying.

Im fairly certain that in the span of the multiverse, with nearly infinite possibility, not one matches this guys idea of h

7 hours ago, Joshex said:

lets just say, I played a blaster for the majority of the time from 2006 to 2012. tried other ATs briefly for a few months here and there, finally realized tanks were really what the game was designed for.

yeah you can mitigate deaths being prepared and having a place to dive into, and targetting the right enemy first, but, that doesn't always apply, eventually you'll run into a hidden enemy you can't target around a corner. if you get too close even with invis by the time you buff and target you'll have to focus on them. but what if, suddenly an ambush, or another hidden group behind a box?

ded blaster.

It's not how well you play, I mean you could spend the time ghosting each area of the map and slow down your progress just to see where everything is and then still miss some group that will agro on you unexpectedly, yeah usually with a few quick insps you might be able to pull through, but that's not always the case, such as in sudden surprise EB right after your build-ups just went on recharge because you just nuked a yellow group.

It's not that I don't know how to play a blaster. I know that really well. it's that, after playing them for so long, they just.. get old. fast. they just aren't viable full time ATs they need a lot of work in play style, especially for sets which have lesser damage such as elec and ice blasting.

it's also not that I don't know how to build a blaster, it's again just that even with a good build you really get pushed to a team, soloing becomes a trial.

regardless, CoH has it's flaws, maybe that's why in your opinion the game isn't built for this kinda "abuse" where afterburner or even invis could still grant def in combat. I took this topic to the discord chat and we all agreed, and I hope you will too, that it's probably not best to modify these pool powers at all. it's the blaster ancillaries that need reworks. especially munitions armor. We agreed such powers probably should give better benefits especially in the def department and should probably be toggles not click type or auto.

While I still think afterburner is a cruel joke. I'll leave it at that.

Lets just say I did actually play just about every variation of blaster back in the day. Lets just say, that anyone who says that Tank is the standard rather than scrapper when it comes to the baseline for bad assery in this game needs to L2P. That back in the old days, the early days, the pre ED days, the pre IO days, blasters had it effing brutal. Debt cap was a way of life for blasters in those days. Saying its harder for them now is so far past ludicrous it hits full plaid.

Pushed to a  team? When i team on my blaster no matter the team comp I am carrying that team unless that team is made up of true top tier gamers/builds. Slow down and play carefully? Every group my drain psyche and nuke are ready to go. Glory be to the recharge king who can nuke every 30 seconds or so. Hell in a team I basically dont even have to think because all I have to do to carry my fair share is move in nuke, move on. leave the bosses to the scrapper or stalker to clean up. The rest basically are just tossing attacks for laughs and buffing to not be bored.

Oh and then the way you end with I took this to discord where I got unanimous support for all my ideas and views line. Just wow man. No one here cares about the opinions of some phantom friends of yours. I mean look I can say I have the support of 10 trillion die hard coh fans on homecoming, doesnt make it true but I can say it. Speak for just yourself k lad.

Because if you cant make a blaster that can do a lap around the storm palace, then you DO NOT KNOW how to blaster!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Im fairly certain that in the span of the multiverse, with nearly infinite possibility, not one matches this guys idea of h

Lets just say I did actually play just about every variation of blaster back in the day. Lets just say, that anyone who says that Tank is the standard rather than scrapper when it comes to the baseline for bad assery in this game needs to L2P. That back in the old days, the early days, the pre ED days, the pre IO days, blasters had it effing brutal. Debt cap was a way of life for blasters in those days. Saying its harder for them now is so far past ludicrous it hits full plaid.

Pushed to a  team? When i team on my blaster no matter the team comp I am carrying that team unless that team is made up of true top tier gamers/builds. Slow down and play carefully? Every group my drain psyche and nuke are ready to go. Glory be to the recharge king who can nuke every 30 seconds or so. Hell in a team I basically dont even have to think because all I have to do to carry my fair share is move in nuke, move on. leave the bosses to the scrapper or stalker to clean up. The rest basically are just tossing attacks for laughs and buffing to not be bored.

Oh and then the way you end with I took this to discord where I got unanimous support for all my ideas and views line. Just wow man. No one here cares about the opinions of some phantom friends of yours. I mean look I can say I have the support of 10 trillion die hard coh fans on homecoming, doesnt make it true but I can say it. Speak for just yourself k lad.

Because if you cant make a blaster that can do a lap around the storm palace, then you DO NOT KNOW how to blaster!

you must not have read my post clearly. you're still on the offensive, a bit blindly, [blind rage] probably should have been an insp name, or maybe a temp power "this power allows you to break the damage cap boosting you damage as it does so, but you might also attack friendly targets by accident (50% chance cancel on miss)."

My words were that the game was made for tanks. As the difficulty was raised to challenge even tanks with their lesser damage but higher armor.. of course scrappers can be great, some can tank most content. some even farm selectively. The game diff raise may have been for them as well.

blasters; as more powersets were created the devs included more powers in mobs. Simply because they were available and thematic for that mob or enemy type. many of these powers raised def, res or applied stuns, sleep, - to hit,  and mez and holds and immobilize et cetera to all groups low level to high (and it would seem enemy sapping ability was buffed recently, mostly with carnies and malta). At one point the actual statistical basis for these mobs was raised because some players on certain ATs that weren't squishy said it was too easy, and the devs wanted to make sure they didn't bore and lose these players. Then incarnate powers were introduced and yet again there was a statistical raise and more powers in mobs hands. Over the years it has indeed become tougher for blasters, Many blaster PowerSets never got any relooks by the devs and have been unchanged and untouched since that beginning. ergo blasters other than once they get to incarnate, did not get much more power except from some new powersets and new IO sets. So the game is harder for them now. Their survivability -incarnate is much lower. Many years before shutdown, there was a point when around 30% def was really "enough" to tank for most content. now, however it's more like 50% to 70%. As blasters level, at around Lv20-25 they start to see these mob power types, debuffs on steroids et cetera, yet get no more substantial survival powers to make up for it. Most sets aren't even worth slotting till 25 and 30 as the enhancement value is just so far below SO, yeah there's bonuses that would technically be worth it, but builds are expensive. you'd have to make a low level set build then a high level one just to make it through if you went solo. otherwise, yes it's a slow grind.

next, I got support for modifying blaster ancillaries, not the pool ideas in this thread.

lastly, I was going to type this yesterday but I clicked "load new posts" popup and it switched pages and I lost the post;

yes, I'm making progress, at least for total build and L35+ content, fixing some ancillaries would probably be better than messing with pools.

it's the L20 to 34 content before you have a finished build that also needs a relook.  blasters might need to have some sort of extra survival power available here. it's just how to make that work over all becomes an issue. maybe a second inherent power for all ATs, each AT being given a different inherent to give a little boost in their weakest area(s), or maybe it's just blasters who need a better inherent power to start with I mean yeah defiance has it's merit, but it probably should have more than just "attack while sleeping held immobilized and stunned". but thats probably a topic for another thread, maybe blasters should not only attack while under conditions but return a portion of any debuffs/erffects to any enemy targets (large portion) and generally PBAoE these debuffs/effects while active (minor)). so if mobs hold a blaster they are likely get get held themselves (with the strongest effect on the blasters target and minor effects on any melee range targets. sapping a blaster, matla yes I'm talking to you, will probably result in a massive end drain to all malta in range. blizzard with it's -to-hit would similarly cause all targets to have less chance to hit the blaster/their team, +slower rech.

either way I cede on changing afterburner. we'll leave that to the devs to "decide, or not".

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

*...It's STILL going......*

3 hours ago, Joshex said:

we'll leave that to the devs to "decide, or not".

...not sure what kinda miracle declaration you're expecting them to roll out anytime soon...

*Oh, now I know why this name seemed familiar....oh dearnotgoodnotgood...*

Edited by The Godchild
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Joshex said:

Many blaster PowerSets never got any relooks by the devs and have been unchanged and untouched since that beginning. ergo blasters other than once they get to incarnate, did not get much more power except from some new powersets and new IO sets. So the game is harder for them now.

As I mentioned before, Blasters got a HUGE buff in I24.  You really should look into updating that copy of Mids.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Quite a few Blaster sets have been updated from Issue 23.  Beam Rifle, Dual Pistols, and all of the secondaries.  Blasters are much more survivable now than back on live.  I have tanked ITFs on mine.  The only real issue they have is a lack of mez protection, and there are a couple of different ways to address that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Godchild said:

*...It's STILL going......*

...not sure what kinda miracle declaration you're expecting them to roll out anytime soon...

Oh wait, banned from the titan forums for the exact same harassment-level pushing to get the game changed for their benefits...now I know why the name looked familiar finally...this legit isn't an elaborate troll, this guy is the real-deal...

not really expecting anything, hence "or not".

I wasn't banned from titan for trying to get the game changed. I was banned from there because I couldn't leave certain topics alone. and I wore agge's patience down. most of it was my conspiracy theories about why the game was taken down. And scientific and theologic conversations where they didn't belong. That and I may have given some unintentionally bad advice to some people.

right now, I'm really just trying to make an old toon work. it's a challenge, none of the tricks given seem to really work. but I'll test my build made based on suggestions to the best extent I can, and if it works, ok, if not.. well, i would like the devs to revisit several blaster things, [defiance], the ancillaries, especially munitions armor, and electric blasting. again not holding out for immediate action. but these things could at least go under review.

21 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

As I mentioned before, Blasters got a HUGE buff in I24.  You really should look into updating that copy of Mids.

some primaries got reworks. electric blasting did not. again I'm trying to make an old toon work better. some of the IO sets help a bit. but overall.. well, I have yet to fully test the build as it is now modified in new mids. but it doesn't look much better, we'll see there are a few factors which might help but..

12 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Quite a few Blaster sets have been updated from Issue 23.  Beam Rifle, Dual Pistols, and all of the secondaries.  Blasters are much more survivable now than back on live.  I have tanked ITFs on mine.  The only real issue they have is a lack of mez protection, and there are a couple of different ways to address that.

I guess it really comes down to the type of blaster primary and ancillary you pick. hence why the outcome of this whole convo ended with that being the most likely target for needed changes. yeah some of the ancillaries are great, others, not so much.. again electric blasting did not get a rework, from what others have said and from my best knowledge, it has never had a rework. it probably needs something added/changed to it just to bring it upto par with other Psets.

6 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Not really true. Zapp and Thunderous Blast were both Significantly buffed.

Yep just the changes to snipes in general really helped every blaster primary, as no matter the base dmg type a snipe now always makes for a great part of any ST attack chain.

Not to mention elec is energy dmg, which is highly effective against a broad range of foes, from clocks who show up across nearly all the games level ranges, to freaks who are for many a particular annoyance, to robots in general which exist in many factions.

1 minute ago, Joshex said:

see, now thats news to me. again we'll see what the build does in action when tested.

Frankly imo what you need is an in game mentor, and you need to kneel before them with no preconceptions, no attitude, now desire other than to learn at their feet. You seem far far to dependent on something like MIDS, something I know very few who I consider top tier toon builders bother to use.

Finally give the frell up on this+4 x1 madness. A blaster is about mass murder. You should be training more at +1 or 2 at most and instead be working on upping your X factor imo. A blaster should be able to hand at least X4 solo imo.

2 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

This is what people are getting annoyed about. You shouldn’t be demanding changes when you clearly don’t understand some of the most basic facts about the game.

I mean I've tested zap, it's better than I remember it being but. not with IO sets, and not with a finished build, but yeah at about l25 I noticed there's more enemies in each mob, an average of 4 to 5 on x1 where previously there were only 2 to 3 at lower levels. I'm also noticing an uptick in -to-hit which makes sniping problem targets from a distance on a per group basis imperative. so if for some reason I miss, thats time to scramble. also the uptick in HP for the enemies is noticeable. I'm noticing that even with a good focus on these details, before you get to sets you die, there will eventually be that one more enemy than you can handle just after you used up your buffs. Kinda getting annoying.

Besides I'm off asking for changes to afterburner. instead I'm focusing on other problems which I was attempting to fix with afterburner.

I understand what I am experiencing. on -1 x1 I should not be having these problems. and no, it's not my build, I'm not to set level yet, it seems to be just blasters natively don't have what it takes to handle some things solo at this level even taking it slow. that shows that there needs to be something to aide in this department around this level. afterburner would have been a quick fix, but yeah probably would have caused other already powerful toons to get even more over powered.

15 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Frankly imo what you need is an in game mentor, and you need to kneel before them with no preconceptions, no attitude, now desire other than to learn at their feet. You seem far far to dependent on something like MIDS, something I know very few who I consider top tier toon builders bother to use.

Finally give the frell up on this+4 x1 madness. A blaster is about mass murder. You should be training more at +1 or 2 at most and instead be working on upping your X factor imo. A blaster should be able to hand at least X4 solo imo.

um.. no.

Mids is a good tool for planning. knowing how the numbers effect gameplay also helps. that combination of MIDS + trial and error can help make a good build as good as it can be. Knowing that when you see a number that doesn't add up to whats going to be necessary to keep the toon alive in the gameplay style it demands, then there is something wrong with something comprising the whole setup. Usually a lack of something. Sometimes it's things put in the wrong area like trying to max out on properties the at does not intend to provide While (very important) not putting enough effort into the strengths of the AT and it's PSets, but in this case that's not the case. I put in as much damage as possible, upto the 400% cap. As many ranged damage powers as possible, good tohit and accuracy boosts, good regen and recovery,  and lastly as much def and res as I could fit in at the appropriate levels. but looking at it, on it's face, It's borderline. it could stand or fall. Even with good tactics.

and that's all I really need to say. you're first intuition is to blame me for not knowing the game. or not knowing blasters or I must be missing something. nope. got all that covered.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Joshex said:

I put in as much damage as possible, upto the 400% cap.

Blasters have a 500% damage cap.

Again, this is why nobody here is taking your theorycrafting seriously.  You were building with an outdated Mids, you are gauging performance at 25 without IOs, you don't know that both your primary and secondary already have received giant buffs and you don't know basic game mechanics.

At the end of the day, the only thing anyone can say to you is "actually play the game, and learn how to play better."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

Again, this is why nobody here is taking your theorycrafting seriously.  You were building with an outdated Mids, you are gauging performance at 25 without IOs, you don't know that both your primary and secondary already have received giant buffs and you don't know basic game mechanics.

At the end of the day, the only thing anyone can say to you is "actually play the game, and learn how to play better."

I like to think aside from sometimes getting frustrated and slipping into LTP mode now and then we have tried to help this guy. But its becoming very very clear to me this guy doesnt want to adapt, we wants things to change to suit his own pov of what should be.

2 hours ago, Joshex said:

I mean I've tested zap, it's better than I remember it being but. not with IO sets, and not with a finished build, but yeah at about l25 I noticed there's more enemies in each mob, an average of 4 to 5 on x1 where previously there were only 2 to 3 at lower levels. I'm also noticing an uptick in -to-hit which makes sniping problem targets from a distance on a per group basis imperative. so if for some reason I miss, thats time to scramble. also the uptick in HP for the enemies is noticeable. I'm noticing that even with a good focus on these details, before you get to sets you die, there will eventually be that one more enemy than you can handle just after you used up your buffs. Kinda getting annoying.

Besides I'm off asking for changes to afterburner. instead I'm focusing on other problems which I was attempting to fix with afterburner.

I understand what I am experiencing. on -1 x1 I should not be having these problems. and no, it's not my build, I'm not to set level yet, it seems to be just blasters natively don't have what it takes to handle some things solo at this level even taking it slow. that shows that there needs to be something to aide in this department around this level. afterburner would have been a quick fix, but yeah probably would have caused other already powerful toons to get even more over powered.

um.. no.

Mids is a good tool for planning. knowing how the numbers effect gameplay also helps. that combination of MIDS + trial and error can help make a good build as good as it can be. Knowing that when you see a number that doesn't add up to whats going to be necessary to keep the toon alive in the gameplay style it demands, then there is something wrong with something comprising the whole setup. Usually a lack of something. Sometimes it's things put in the wrong area like trying to max out on properties the at does not intend to provide While (very important) not putting enough effort into the strengths of the AT and it's PSets, but in this case that's not the case. I put in as much damage as possible, upto the 400% cap. As many ranged damage powers as possible, good tohit and accuracy boosts, good regen and recovery,  and lastly as much def and res as I could fit in at the appropriate levels. but looking at it, on it's face, It's borderline. it could stand or fall. Even with good tactics.

and that's all I really need to say. you're first intuition is to blame me for not knowing the game. or not knowing blasters or I must be missing something. nope. got all that covered.

Uhm well pardon me but based on your claims, and continued complaints I will respectfully say you do not have it covered. You say its because you dont have sets, yeah nope dont need sets, they help but a blaster is just fine with common IOs and even DOs and SOs at the chill mid level range. Blasters have so many options now, so many tools to choose from to fill in weaknesses and be ready for almost anything.

So at this point I am just going to say stick with sentinals kiddo, its clear they exist specifically for those who want to blast, but not have to stress over fragility.

1 hour ago, Joshex said:

I understand what I am experiencing. on -1 x1 I should not be having these problems. and no, it's not my build, I'm not to set level yet, it seems to be just blasters natively don't have what it takes to handle some things solo at this level even taking it slow.

100% this isn't a fundamental blaster problem, this is a player problem.

My badging character is a blaster.  I got the full set of Ouro badges on her playing at -1x1, so I could get through them as fast as possible.  That's multiple runs with various combinations of enemies buffed, character debuffed, no enhancements, no travel powers, no pool powers, etc.  I died maaaaaybe a handful of times, mostly at the higher levels.  And honestly?  I'm absolutely not a good gamer, and I would never claim to be.

• Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 6/11/2020 at 5:48 PM, Omega-202 said:

My fault, Mids must subtract your base 100% from the totals window total.

spacer.png

Even so, that's nitpicking, I said I am at the cap and I meant it. but again I do know the basic game mechanics, I'm just not up on news.

On 6/11/2020 at 5:47 PM, Wavicle said:

, an average of 4 to 5 on x1 where previously there were only 2 to 3 at lower levels

again this is simply false

maybe it's a bug, but something tells me it may just be the missions I'm getting at that level has some default mob x# that bypasses the player diff settings. most likely x2. started experiencing it in talos island, before that is was 2 to 3 per group.

On 6/11/2020 at 7:53 PM, Bentley Berkeley said:

I like to think aside from sometimes getting frustrated and slipping into LTP mode now and then we have tried to help this guy. But its becoming very very clear to me this guy doesnt want to adapt, we wants things to change to suit his own pov of what should be.

nope, I'm taking on board what you're saying, but when I know something you are saying does not fit the bill, I say so. I am trying to figure out what is causing me to die on -1 x1 when I am doing everything as right as possible. not just the build, as I said it's not even fully implemented yet. I'm talking stopping before each group invis or stealth looking around corners and trying to snipe/nuke yellows first then AoE, then clean up then move on and wash rinse repeat. but for some reason there are too many yellows. and groups pop out of nowhere, most likely ambushes. I try to recover with insps and dodging around corners to recover a bit and fire back. most of the time with the groups with 1 yellow or no yellow I can take out 3 enemies before they get within attack range, or usually they only get to cast 1 attack which misses, at 4 enemies something gets up close and personal and I can struggle and try to distance myself again behind a corner apply any insps which could help. Thats fine, sometimes I'll go many missions being careful and no problems and will feel "ah I must have the hang of this now, slow and steady. but then.. 5 enemies a group groups slap next to eachother? I could try to snipe and elevator it, no wait ambush? what if I snipe a boss and he falls down (dead), then continues to run after me like nothing happened a few seconds later ona  group that has no self or rez other? (seen that happen a few times with a named boss, sniped them before some sort of point the game was looking for and they popped back to life)..

the game mechanics are destroying all solo strategies I have to perform. This means death is guaranteed at some points even if you play carefully. this should not be. Even blasters should be able to handle an ambush on -1 x1 with no sets just the best enhancements for the level(DO or SO). if they are careful there should be no possible way they can die at this lowest level. If there is such a  way they can die under these circumstances, this should be looked into, as obviously there is some core problem with blasters versus the min difficulty.

The fact this is not the case, means blasters or maybe just the sets I'm using are falling short of the minimum statistical floor level of the game. I'm here in this thread because I thought I found a fix and was shocked with it was just a cruel joke. regardless I've recovered from that and am now trying to figure out what statistically is wrong here.

I've come to the conclusion that it's survivability related. blasters are below the floor of the minimum survivability. this may be because of the damage trade for end mod that the primary powerset employs. But somehow I think it's more related to def and res, cause if it were damage my double build-up should handle it, or maybe buildup isn't lasting long enough, maybe blaster's buildup needs to last longer. the problem is somewhere in here, I'd appreciate help figuring it out, rather than just assuming it's my problem.

On 6/11/2020 at 8:57 PM, Grouchybeast said:

100% this isn't a fundamental blaster problem, this is a player problem.

My badging character is a blaster.  I got the full set of Ouro badges on her playing at -1x1, so I could get through them as fast as possible.  That's multiple runs with various combinations of enemies buffed, character debuffed, no enhancements, no travel powers, no pool powers, etc.  I died maaaaaybe a handful of times, mostly at the higher levels.  And honestly?  I'm absolutely not a good gamer, and I would never claim to be.

"I died maaaaaybe a handful of times" were you trying to be careful? you know, no rambo, waiting till enough is recharged to take the group and targetting carefully, appllying boosts/insps int he right order as needed?

if so there should be no way you should die. if there is, that means the game is broken. "blasters, survivability 4", more like "survivability 0.1" this needs to be looked into.

46 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

I think you should play a Sentinel. Sounds like they're more your speed.

you, know, when I first saw the video of the servers back when it was just a rumor, I read sentinel was a ranged at with armor and I was kinda happy, I said "this is probably arcana's doing, she always talked about the fact no one ever made a ranged +armor AT right in any game." and also thought, "well that'll be great, I might remake my blaster as a sentinel".

Then I went to make one and was like "ok, now how do I get rid of this rifle and fire from my hands.." ... "oh.. you're stuck with it... so all sentinels are tech/natural origin then.." I look forwards to the day sentinels can indeed fire from their hands and forgo the rifle. I mean it's a nice option. but some toons might feel more comfortable with out it graphically. In other-words I was weirded out by the graphical power firing method.

to be honest, "Joshex" was never meant to be an electric blaster, energy blasting was closer, but he was written to be a "beam blaster", back in 2006 the graphical  way that electric blasting fired just looked more similar to what you'd expect of an energy beam than actual energy blasting did. So that's what I went with.

Not sure when or if the devs will get around to making alternate firing animations for sentinels which don't have a gun. The way things look means a lot to me. unless this were a text adventure game. if a sentinel could drop the gun and have firing animations like a blaster, yeah I'd hop over there in no time.

edit: you know what, now that we the players have control of the game (and blasters also only have beam rifle not beam blasting) I think I'll make another thread to suggest that.

Edited by Joshex