JayboH

Specs:

7700K no o/c

GTX 1080 no o/c

16 gigs DDR4

Win 10 64 version 2004

940/35 mbit internet connection from WI, USA

Game and OS are both on separate/different SATA SSDs

Just recently I notice on Excelsior I have been getting weird random stuttering - if I load the game and super jump there will occasionally be a split second freeze frame mid-jump, and I am not sure what is causing it.  I do not know if it is network-related hiccups, or if it is grabbing assets as I am going, or what is going on.  I have only recently been getting these weird random occasional hiccups within the last few weeks, and I never noticed it ever in the history of the game, and I was an early beta tester.

As you can guess, the game runs liquid smooth normally with these specs - but something has happened.  Where can I start?  Has there been a server migration or something?  I would appreciate some help and I can answer any questions as needed.

EDIT:  I wonder if it is from me pushing World Detail beyond 100.  I was messing with that because pop-in is really distracting compared to games from the current era.

Edited by JayboH

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

• 3 weeks later

This has actually been happening for YEARS. It started around i5 or 6 and has not been fixed since then.  It is rather minor. When this happens it happens with any powers that can take your character off the ground for extended times. Superjump and Flight can cause this. Easy enough fix though, just turn off SJ or Flight and turn it back on. This usually clears it up.

On 6/25/2020 at 12:14 PM, Solarverse said:

This has actually been happening for YEARS. It started around i5 or 6 and has not been fixed since then.  It is rather minor. When this happens it happens with any powers that can take your character off the ground for extended times. Superjump and Flight can cause this. Easy enough fix though, just turn off SJ or Flight and turn it back on. This usually clears it up.

No, I was perfectly fine on this machine for years, this is something recent.  It is liquid smooth - then randomly just a split-second hiccup, then liquid smooth immediately after.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Yeah, if it's sudden like that after being smooth, then there's probably some measure of delay in what's coming to the machine from the server.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)