Make Burn work like this again?

Meh, I can see why it was weighted. I dont care either way. Odds are you get more out of it with 2/3rds of the damage up front though. As long as you aren't asking for more damage or quicker recharge, I'm not against it. You could put 99% of the damage on the last tick for all I care. I mean that would suck, but it would amuse me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

4 hours ago, Snowdaze said:

You could put 99% of the damage on the last tick for all I care. I mean that would suck, but it would amuse me.

That would be hilarious.

*drops Burn*

*rest of the team takes down almost all mobs with their AoE*

*massive burst of Burn damage takes the final 5hp off the last boss standing*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

The downside of a front-loaded burn is if you pop it too early, you lose a big chunk of damage on any late arrivals that miss that first big tick. And yet they're standing the same fire, for almost as long. 

So I would not be against it returning to a simple HIGH ticking DoT.

But I have pretty fully adapted to it's current iteration on my Fire/Fire/Fire Sent, and I do get quite a bit of Oomph from it. 

And it's certainly easier to pair up with an Aim/Gaussian's Proc to make sure that first hard tick gets extra use when I hop into a crowd and pop Burn.

So I'm fine with it staying as-is, too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MTeague said:

And it's certainly easier to pair up with an Aim/Gaussian's Proc to make sure that first hard tick gets extra use when I hop into a crowd and pop Burn.

This is probably the single best argument to keep it as is, so you can make better use of DAM amplification powers like BU/AIM and BU procs.

• Like 1

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

I do find using burn a bit underwhelming now. I used to like seeing all the little numbers flying up from it and watching the health bars drop.

It’s just a bit too similar to combustion now for me.

Why did it change to be front loaded in the first place does anyone know? 

4 hours ago, RocketJefferson said:

I do find using burn a bit underwhelming now. I used to like seeing all the little numbers flying up from it and watching the health bars drop.

It’s just a bit too similar to combustion now for me.

Why did it change to be front loaded in the first place does anyone know? 

They nerfed it just after issue 5 or 6, put fear in it so that mobs wouldn't just stand in it anymore. Since then they have removed the extra fear but never changed it back. I guess people like it as is now and don't want it to go back to what it was. Me personally, I hate it like it is and wish like hell it went back to what it was.

7 hours ago, Solarverse said:

They nerfed it just after issue 5 or 6, put fear in it so that mobs wouldn't just stand in it anymore. Since then they have removed the extra fear but never changed it back. I guess people like it as is now and don't want it to go back to what it was. Me personally, I hate it like it is and wish like hell it went back to what it was.

I remember them bringing in the fear component, and the Devs daft argument that it was supposed to be a crowd control power. That was round when they dropped the dmg output on it too.

But even then it was purely DoT as far as I remember? I never remember it being front loaded on my fire brute when villains launched anyway.