How useful are the heals in pb

I know warshade is a bit more shapeshifter friendly, but do the heals in pb add any aspects to it to make it play a lot different?

my WS is Tanky enough but not as unkillable as like my sr stalker even. Wondering if a PB would bit a bit more survivable? I’d only try to play tri tho 

Peacebringers are much more self contained than Warshades. Especially in the way they replenish their health. Since a PB doesn't require bodies to use their heals, and a Tri-form PB has access to 3 heals, it can make them very tanky regardless of the # of enemies in range. All of their buffs are completely self contained, so whether you're fighting a hard Single Target like an AV or an EB or your fighting a large mob, your buffs and heals will grant you the full value unlike Eclipse or Sunless mire than which grant you a buff that scales with # of targets hit and has an accuracy check.

Peacebringers don't have an equivalent to Stygian Circle.

Then again, when built right, Peacebringers don't NEED a counterpart to Stygian Circle ...

The biggest difference is going to be in Dwarf form.  For the Warshade, their Dwarf heal is a leeching attack ... while for a Peacebringer, their heal is simply a buff (to HP) and not an attack at all.  This means that in Dwarf form the balance of damage output is going to be different on a Peacebringer than it is for a Warshade, not even counting the Mire factor.

In Human form, the two heals (self and other as separate powers) are both worth taking, even if you only use them as set mules or as One Slot Wonder™ powers.  Having the heal other power can sometimes make a difference in teams, and will help you earn the healing badges.  Warshades are "too selfish" (by design) to have a native power that heals anyone besides themselves.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

The heals on PB are great imo. I only gave essence boost the default slot, but I 5 slot the dwarf and human regular heals with panacea. PBs benefit from insane recharge builds. Your powers will alone get you past the resistance cap, with light form up you're almost capped on resists in human and nova and in dwarf you're all but immune to resistance debuffs because you're so far over cap with light form up its insane. 

You aren't THE tankiest thing in the world, but you're pretty goddamn close. A well built PB in dwarf can pull like nightstar and siege in incarnate content with no incarnates slotted and survive it with the heals. 

I posted a build, expensive af but very worth it for me. In groups that buff my attack power at all I can often hit and stay at the damage cap. To the point that I now think PBs need their damage cap raised by about 200%. 

So, do human form powers carry over to Kheld forms now? If you hit Light Form, can you then switch to Nova for mighty blasting goodness and retain the Light Form buffs? If so, is this different from live? I don't remember this being the case.

56 minutes ago, Hardship said:

So, do human form powers carry over to Kheld forms now? If you hit Light Form, can you then switch to Nova for mighty blasting goodness and retain the Light Form buffs? If so, is this different from live? I don't remember this being the case.

Buff powers do, yes. Light form used to specifically lock you out of other forms, but it was changed in one of the later issues on live along with a number of other kheldian improvements.

On 6/8/2020 at 8:04 PM, Microcosm said:

Buff powers do, yes. Light form used to specifically lock you out of other forms, but it was changed in one of the later issues on live along with a number of other kheldian improvements.

That is good to know -- and different from when I got my PB to 50 back on live. I didn't play much towards the end and didn't know about this change.

I do love on my WS having Stygian circle for end recovery.  Have it slotted so one or two bodies will fill that blue bar to max, and it's up maybe every 10 seconds, 13 to 15 tops?  It's beautiful.  Conserve Power aside, I do wish my PB had that as well.