I'll still never understand....

JJDrakken

44 minutes ago, Mopery said:

Is it something to do with eigenvalues?!

You can do it two ways. Talk to your respected NPC, Fateweaver on Red or Hero Corp Field Analyst. You can also change it on the chat bubble icon on your chat bar. Example, running a mission at say +1x4, when you solo. Instead of the default of +0x1.

Edited by JJDrakken

If I'm honest, I've done this to a degree myself...but it's generally because the team lead doesn't give any guidance about strategy. If I'm on a character that can solo just about anything, and we're a large team with some folks slow to arrive...unless I hear instruction or guidance/request to the contrary, I'm going to race for the mission objective. 

It just makes sense to me. XP is prevalent to gain throughout the game, so I never "clear all" or "kill most" unless it's a mission objective, or the team lead (or team) wants to do this and states such ahead of time. My reason behind this is primarily due to having realized the story arc completion bonuses when leveling. 

Way back when, I had a fire tank that I often solo'd with. I'd compete with a friend who was in a different SG. Me, solo, running X8, her running with her SG on a team of 8. By the half hour, she would probably be half a level ahead, but every time I completed a story arc, I'd get 2-5 bars of xp as a bonus and surpass her. So, that tends to be how I still do things. Post 50, the habit just continued. 

Every now and then, on a very fun character to play, I'll kill all. Like my Dual Blades/Invuln scrapper, or my Broadsword/Willpower stalker - I'll kill all, simply for the crunch of the blade going through the npcs. Otherwise, It's all about the mission objective. 

When recruiting, to me, the team lead needs to communicate what playstyle is desired, otherwise, most folks will do what's fun for them. 

• 2 weeks later
On 6/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, JJDrakken said:

Why people insist on joining a team so they can run off & solo.  Are folks that inept at figuring out how to do +X x X?

Cuz I'm trying to teach yall what we're capable of rather than wasting time? If I ain't dying and you're gettin XP, is it really an issue?

• Like 1