updated costume colors page and created costume color scheme page on UHC wiki

I wasn't sure if this was the most appropriate spot to post this, but I added a table to the unofficial Homecoming (UHC) wiki costume colors page that contains all the colors in the standard costume palette. I also added a costume color schemes page that has tables with the complementary and triadic colors for each of the colors in the standard palette. In each of the tables, the hex and RGB color codes are 'hidden' in the cell and can be revealed by dragging the mouse cursor over the cell to 'highlight' the text.

I thought this might help provide some ideas for costume color schemes. I studied color theory a bit as it pertains to my job, but I am by no means an expert. If anyone has any feedback or suggestions for either of the above pages, just let me know. Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I made a few minor tweaks. I added the row letter designation to each row (in addition to the overall row color name). I also realized that if I treated the RGB color codes of each color as an (X, Y, Z) coordinate in 3-D space, I could compute (via Euclidean distance) the nearest match between the complementary/triadic colors and the colors available on the standard palette. So each complementary/traidic color block now includes in the 'hidden' text where to find the best match within the standard palette.

It also occurred to me right after I made my initial post that it might make things a bit cleaner and/or easier to navigate if I combined the complementary and triadic colors for each standard palette row into one table, instead of splitting them into two separate tables in two sections. I've attached screenshots of a couple of potential variations, one with sequential ordering and one where the standard palette row is repeated to show it next to each complementary/triadic color row. I wasn't sure if one of these would be preferable, or if these were too 'busy' and it would be better to keep them separate as they are now on the page.

EDIT: I combined the complementary/triadic color tables  as shown in the top image. I think that makes for a cleaner, simpler look. I also added an example to help explain what the text values mean in each block.

combined_table_a.png

combined_table_b.png

Edited by AboveTheChemist
added image variant, updated wiki page as noted
  • Like 1