For Salvage,

Thumbnail for version as of 21:49, 24 October 2005

for Inspirations,

Thumbnail for version as of 13:39, 20 December 2005

and for Enhancements.

Thumbnail for version as of 21:23, 10 March 2006

Basically, take the "Wall Clock (Modern)" 3D asset,

image.png.d568948b034d40963ddaf68b0f99d314.png

copy it a bunch of times, and replace the clockface texture with the 2D assets for these various categories of storage items.

Would be a huge help to organizing and labelling storage.

Many pleases and thanks be upon ye who approves of this.

(and if someone can point me to the clockface texture in the PIGGs, I'll even do some of the work and do up a few of these myself.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

(and if someone can point me to the clockface texture in the PIGGs, I'll even do some of the work and do up a few of these myself.)

Looks like it might be texture_library/world/Common_Decor/Kirk_Batch01/off_clock02.texture in the original piggs, but the hands appear to be separate.

• Thanks 1

If the 3D asset is a lumped package, but can reference a different texture for the hands, we'll just have to set them to use a transparent texture.   Not ideal to have dead polygons like that wasting resources, but I still think it's a worthwhile pursuit overall.

Thanks for tracking that down!

I developed a mnemonic system for the salvage racks in my base, but at one point I had considered leveraging the ability to use the alphabetics to help. I think they can be placed on the floors/walls.

It was only the salvage storage that I was concerned about, and it was because I was looking for a mechanism to discriminate between rarities and names. I eventually landed on a system of geographical positioning within the base. I'm aware that it is trivial to purchase most salvage from the auction house, but I prefer to keep ~10 each of the non-rare pieces for quick crafting of uncommon recipes and SG buffs.