Setting higher difficulty

So... Radio and Contact missions with a full team get boring AF after like level 40. Whole mobs are dead before I get off 3 attacks, no one ever needs healing, etc. Only groups like Malta and Vanguard offer anything that feels like a challenge. I do not remember it being like that in the old days. I know there is tougher content, but I never know how long I'll be able to stay online at any given time. So I don't want to commit to a TF or something that may require more focused attention when I might have to drop.

To keep the "regular" content more fun for groups, has anyone considered either nerfing OP players down to old school levels when doing regular missions... or adding a +5 Levels / x10 difficulty?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There are threads on this topic on a recurring basis.  I am unaware of any firm plans, but I'm sure the devs are aware that many players consider endgame content unsatisfying.

Some recommendations.

• Go to First Ward / Night Ward.  If you've already outlevelled them you'll need to use Ouroborous but the mobs in those mission arcs kick it up SEVERAL notches.
  • Shadow Shard and the Rularuu are just as tough as Malta if not worse.  The Eyeballs in particular will beat up Defense based builds and take their lunch money unless you have good team backup (support / control, etc)
  • You can currently try to form a team of like minded individuals who have a second build using ONLY SO's, no IO's at all, no incarnate powers at all.  This may or may not be easy, but it's a thing you could try to do right now. 
  • Like 3

Seeing as this is your second ever post OP, I will fill you in: your general request has been debated ad nauseam on this forum. Many of these debates have become quite heated, understandably so.

On a personal level, I can't agree with any sweeping changes such as "Nerf X" or "Increase all enemy HP", usually because these arguments are aimed at fully built, maxed out characters, conveniently forgetting the intervening levels or those who simply don't min-max.

It's clear that many people want something more challenging, and I agree. However, I feel that this challenge should either come in the form of brand new content, or an optional selection, and most certainly not making sweeping changes which affect how people play the game now.

• Like 3

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

I get that nerfing across the board is probably not feasible. I was spitballing. The higher Notoriety setting maybe? Or... There are settings in Trials to offer challenge, right? Maybe apply that mechanic to all teams as an option. Let team leaders set enh caps or turn off IO sets?  I dunno. If that's been debated to death, too, no worries.

Part of the problem, too, is finding good teams for regular missions. Even if I were to organize them around my mission, it's not like I'd be able to vet everyone who responds to an LFG channel callout.

We -really- need to get https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/17732-community-project-cleaning-up-the-suggestions-and-feedback-board/ off the ground one of these days . . . 

ANYWAY!   On topic:   The Devs know.   They're looking in to it.  They have not made any announcements of plans, though, since it's a complex bundle of snakes that could explode and kill us all with even a little provocation.

. . . or something to that effect, anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RogueWolf said:

So... Radio and Contact missions with a full team get boring AF after like level 40.

Only groups like Malta and Vanguard offer anything that feels like a challenge. 

You gave yourself two solutions!

1.  Don’t run a full team.  Try four.  Try two!

2.  Go for the challenging enemies.  Play Red.  Play Gold!

• Like 3

Who run Bartertown?

Stop doing radio missions.  They're as dull as dirt solo or teamed at any difficulty and any level.  Start running red side and/or gold side content.  Start running content with enhancements disabled, or enemies buffed, or players debuffed, or all three.  Start playing with smaller teams.  Hardly anything in the game requires a full team.

My current project right now is starting toons gold side all the way to level 35, and then switching to red side at level 35.  And not just melee toons.  Right now I have a Blaster in First Ward.  Next up is a Defender.  It actually requires strategy and tactics, unlike blue side.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Start running content with enhancements disabled, or enemies buffed, or players debuffed, or all three

How do you do this?  Does it apply just to yourself? Finding challenge when soloing is not a problem. It's when teams form.

1 minute ago, RogueWolf said:

How do you do this?  Does it apply just to yourself? Finding challenge when soloing is not a problem. It's when teams form.

You can do it when forming Task Forces, Strike Forces, Trials, or any story arc via Ouroboros Flashback. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nerf Fridays.  Their OP, proven by how much players pursue them.

• Haha 2

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute