I need a confirmation of something.

Ok, I run a Ninjas/Time MM, and have been told that if I take Power Boost from the Black Scorpion Pool, it will boost the Defense Bonus of Farsight for the entire duration of the power.  However, others have said that it'll only boost the defense bonus for the 15 seconds PB works.   Which is it?

27 minutes ago, JnEricsonx said:

Ok, I run a Ninjas/Time MM, and have been told that if I take Power Boost from the Black Scorpion Pool, it will boost the Defense Bonus of Farsight for the entire duration of the power.  However, others have said that it'll only boost the defense bonus for the 15 seconds PB works.   Which is it?

Entire duration.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

49 minutes ago, JnEricsonx said:

The confusion you're facing is probably people talking about two different aspects of how that all interacts. When you click Power Boost it immediately begins its effect on all applicable powers you have at your disposal for 15/s of duration. For toggles this means you'll see a nominal increase in value that will eventually end with PB's duration. During that window of opportunity however, if you have a click-based ability that is boosted by the effects of PB, but that ability has a duration greater than PB's technical duration, then it will apply that increased value in its effect at activation, and that effect will remain static/in place for the entire duration of the click-power (in this case: Farsight).

Click Power Boost, Power Boost grants your Defense granting abilities a boost in effectiveness. Click Farsight during Power Boost's duration, Farsight checks and sees that you have a +Defense granting bonus, Farsight uses this value and adjusts accordingly, granting everyone inside Farsight's effect radius the boosted stat. Farsight has X duration, and as the buff granted only checks its value at time of activation, that value stays in effect for all of Farsight's duration, even though Power Boosts' effect ends after 15/s.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2020 at 12:06 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

The confusion you're facing is probably people talking about two different aspects of how that all interacts. When you click Power Boost it immediately begins its effect on all applicable powers you have at your disposal for 15/s of duration. For toggles this means you'll see a nominal increase in value that will eventually end with PB's duration. During that window of opportunity however, if you have a click-based ability that is boosted by the effects of PB, but that ability has a duration greater than PB's technical duration, then it will apply that increased value in its effect at activation, and that effect will remain static/in place for the entire duration of the click-power (in this case: Farsight).

Click Power Boost, Power Boost grants your Defense granting abilities a boost in effectiveness. Click Farsight during Power Boost's duration, Farsight checks and sees that you have a +Defense granting bonus, Farsight uses this value and adjusts accordingly, granting everyone inside Farsight's effect radius the boosted stat. Farsight has X duration, and as the buff granted only checks its value at time of activation, that value stays in effect for all of Farsight's duration, even though Power Boosts' effect ends after 15/s.

Removed - post was in error.

Edited by KeiyraMule