Give all Mobs/NPC's /stuck command

Because they can stuck on the way or if you use knockback then you have to reset mission because mob is now in unreachable place. It is rare but it happens.

Rescue/Hostage missions same I think. Npc's can stuck on the way albeit  it is even more rare.

• Like 3

Or at least just make hostages/rescues universally work with recall friend/att.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

14 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Hmm . . . or give players an /target_stuck command?

Dislodge mobile NPCs from terrain by targeting them, and using that command.  How much of a nightmare would -that- be to program?

worst case, maybe force teleport the mob to it's spawn point (if the game tracks that....)

you'd still need to be able to target the mob.  maybe not be able to use your attacks, but have it show up as your current target. 

but I *think* that's usually not a problem.

Or new a P2W Vendor Temp Power:  Dislodge

1 Hour Recharge

PBAoE, 10m (~30 feet) range, ignores terrain/barriers, Autohit

Resets all enemies and hostage/ally NPCs in range back to their original spawn location (or teleport all mobile enemies and ally/hostage NPCs to your position)

Potentially a cylindrical metal container of annelids which could lead to exploitation in the hands of players, but . . . eh.   Something to consider to help alleviate GM duties.

Today I was playing a "defeat all" mission and then this happened to me:

Ksk6URJ.png

I didn't do anything, this guy simply spawned up there. I could not hit him because the ceiling blocked my attack. 

Outsmarted by an outcast chilling in the ceiling. 

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2020 at 10:31 PM, ImpousVileTerror said:

Hmm . . . or give players an /target_stuck command?

Dislodge mobile NPCs from terrain by targeting them, and using that command.  How much of a nightmare would -that- be to program?

I've no idea but ...how does the mob know its stuck?  You and I know when we're stuck, sentience and all but a mob not so much.  And /target_stuck sounds a bit like Teleport Foe but much more effective.  And faces the same issue i.e. knowing between a stuck or not stuck mob (or seems like anunresistable and hence abusable Teleport Foe)

On 7/7/2020 at 10:38 PM, Eclipse. said:

While that, too, would be great, it  wouldn't fix mobs in kill alls that get stuck :l

True, I was just looking at the hostage side of it. Probably after having had one ofthose genius lab assistants from Warburg spend several minutes confused by a ramp.

As far as how a mob "knows" it's stuck... I don't know, give it a timer, if it can't move in any direction and is not under a control effect, it gets teleported to a usasble location within... 100 feet? No idea how easy or hard that would be to program. I know I've spent time with an attack queued just slowly moving around one and having it not fire off at all, while it apparently could attack, so that itself isn't a great check.

(Reason #782 why I love warshades. Built in TP Foe. 🙂 )

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.