ToT costumes and Forms: Khleds get shafted again.

I recently did a topic on how Khleds can NOT benefit from empowerment buffs when using forms, and just found another bug.

With the trick or treat costumes, you cant have those active when using Dwarf or Nova..which is really really stupid, for those who dont use Human form.

Even more silly, you CAn use the Midnight Costume temp (turns you into a guy in a hat) with Nova form. So the precedent is there.

• Like 1

I doubt it's a bug, given its role in the arc it's meant for (and the very short time you get to have it.) It's more than likely a different sort of "shapeshift," or it has some sort of override.

I wouldn't call this being "shafted," in any case.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I'm in an odd place where I disagree with you and think the Midnight Visage is actually a bug and not the latter. However...

I actually do think that because other ATs can use their costumes even with Granite Armor, I can't say that I'm against Kheldians getting to use their costumes during a form switch regardless. It is only a cosmetic feature, it is required for certain badges to be in costume and receive tips, so therefore I think it is completely reasonable actually to request. The feature does not enhance gameplay or provide any benefit beyond seeing yourself in an alternative form, therefore I think is a reasonable and fine suggestion.

Unlike how the poster above says they wouldn't call this "shafted" I would say that you ARE shafted, because other ATs CAN "form switch," still use the costume and not have to remake a build tailored to the ToT event. I do consider the fact that Kheldians often make tri-form builds and not being able to gain badges while they're in that form or contribute very well (especially given the place Kheldians are in as far as the "meta" goes) indeed "shafted."

Edited by Zeraphia

23 minutes ago, Zeraphia said:

Unlike how the poster above says they wouldn't call this "shafted" I would say that you ARE shafted, because other ATs CAN "form switch," still use the costume and not have to remake a build tailored to the ToT event.

Other ATs do not have specific powers and animations for a non-humanoid form. This is why I would not call it being "shafted." Khelds do, by default, have a human form, after all. There's a limited number of slots you can burn in this form, so you *have* to have *something* available in your human form, even if you're going "nova/dwarf."

If Khelds had no option to use the costumes at all, then they would be "shafted." However, we do. So we're not being left out of anything.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.