Bag upgrades

Quality of life progression would be fantastic. I'd happily trade incarnate shards or empyrean merits for salvage/recipe capacity. Or even grind veteran levels if that were a new reward for it. +1 salvage slot every 2 levels, watch me play "finalized" characters like they're straight out of Atlas Park again.

Make enhancement -> store in tray, -> drop off in base

No point to store a massive amount of white salvage, common IO recipes and a lot of yellow recipes are not great unless you convert.

The more you have the more you will have to organize and that is more of a hassle 

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

How in the world? Why would you EVER need more than 80 recipes to store? 

Just craft 'em and stash 'em, or sell 'em. How hard is that? It should be a habit you develop as you level. You park your character in Ouro at level 1 to get the Chronologist day job badge, so at level 10, you start getting rare recipes to drop after each completed mission. At the beginning of your next session, you head to your base, you pluck out the salvage you need from your storage racks, and craft and stash, or sell. Takes...3 minutes. 

I don't get it. If you can't be bothered, just stash 'em in the AH. We get over 100 slots there. 

• Like 1

I wanted to note that the Auction House/Black Market stores items in stacks of up to 10 identical items, and unlike your Inventory or the Vault, each _stack_ only takes up _one_ storage slot in the AH. By lvl 20, you should have more that 150 slots in the AH, and you can access it from anywhere in any zone by using the /AH command. You can't use it during an instance of any sort, but otherwise you have nearly unlimited access.

So, you can store over 1500 items in the AH by lvl 20, and access them from anywhere you can use the /AH command. And the AH lets you store items in it indefinitely. You don't even need to post them for sale. It will also automatically combine stacks as long as that won't make the stack go over 10.

I have characters running around with AH inventories well over 350+ pieces of salvage...

Edited by Takehai
minor grammar fixes

Takehai

Global Handle @Night.Fyre

Confirmed Alt-oholic....

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

Playing for a couple of hours without selling, or crafting more than 80 recipes at once... I guarantee you if the maximum character storage was 800, I'd find a way to hit 800/800 without trying.

There is of course ways you can interrupt your play session at the cost of time to make current limits perfectly tenable. We have to play the game with these limits so all of us in this thread, whether for or against the suggestion, are obviously using some or all of these ways.

Nonetheless, increased storage would be useful to some of us. It is convenience. It is quality of life. I'd rather manage my inventory in one bulk session of 20 minutes whenever I feel like it than in many more quick sessions of 2 minutes.

Mind you, for me a quick session only consists of selling all white recipes to vendor and deleting white/yellow salvage by stacks. If I were to run to my base and mess with storage racks and craft, what takes you 3 minutes would likely take me 10-15 minutes. I'm simply not that quick or organized, and that flow would itself force me to reorganize things because all storage slots in my base are used for enhancement chests.

Storing through the AH is often not realistic. I use most market slots for marketeering, whether that's for profit purposes or to bid on IOs I will use.

So, it'd be a huge quality of life addition for sure. It's not a need but it's something that can improve my experience.

Character recipe storage pales, of course, compared to character salvage storage. I don't think the usefulness of salvage storage would stop before 6 digits, if at all. If I could accumulate salvage endlessly so I'd never have to manage it and could craft my also ludicrous recipe storage as salvage is finally available for it, this would be perfect.

I'd just like to be able to put more storage racks in my base.  I'm... I'm a bit of a salvage/IO hoarder....

• Like 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

4 hours ago, nihilii said:

Playing for a couple of hours without selling, or crafting more than 80 recipes at once... I guarantee you if the maximum character storage was 800, I'd find a way to hit 800/800 without trying.

There is of course ways you can interrupt your play session at the cost of time to make current limits perfectly tenable. We have to play the game with these limits so all of us in this thread, whether for or against the suggestion, are obviously using some or all of these ways.

Nonetheless, increased storage would be useful to some of us. It is convenience. It is quality of life. I'd rather manage my inventory in one bulk session of 20 minutes whenever I feel like it than in many more quick sessions of 2 minutes.

Mind you, for me a quick session only consists of selling all white recipes to vendor and deleting white/yellow salvage by stacks. If I were to run to my base and mess with storage racks and craft, what takes you 3 minutes would likely take me 10-15 minutes. I'm simply not that quick or organized, and that flow would itself force me to reorganize things because all storage slots in my base are used for enhancement chests.

Storing through the AH is often not realistic. I use most market slots for marketeering, whether that's for profit purposes or to bid on IOs I will use.

So, it'd be a huge quality of life addition for sure. It's not a need but it's something that can improve my experience.

Character recipe storage pales, of course, compared to character salvage storage. I don't think the usefulness of salvage storage would stop before 6 digits, if at all. If I could accumulate salvage endlessly so I'd never have to manage it and could craft my also ludicrous recipe storage as salvage is finally available for it, this would be perfect.

Fair enough. I appreciate your perspective. 

I think the reason the number isn't as high as some would like is because the original devs were concerned about the market. 

Let's say that we could hold 800 recipes. I'm sure, most would wait quite some time before they dealt  with their inventory. In that time, I am curious as to how that would impact the availability of various recipes/salvage/invention enhancements in the market. I think this unknown, or the predictable scarcity is what kept the initial number lower than what you might hope for. 

Another reason has something to do with the servers ability to track everything. I haven't been through the code - wouldn't even know where to look or be able to follow the logic trail without some pointers along the way (unless the internal documentation is far better than what I'd expect), but I suspect if they multiplied character inventory storage by 10, then server storage would be impacted in some way. Nowadays, it's likely less of a concern than at the time of initial release. But if I were forced to guess, I'd think that's why. 

With the new HC management being on a volunteer basis, I can't fathom what kind of precision this might take. Is it as simple as finding the initial storage capacity of a level 1 character and adding 720 to that number, or is it simply finding the number 80 upon leveling 50 and adding another 720? I've no idea how they'd do it. If they did, they'd probably just start off simple by doubling initial character storage at level 1, then doubling the increase as we leveled up. It wouldn't get to 800, of course, but it may be easier to implement. <shrug>

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ukase said:

I think the reason the number isn't as high as some would like is because the original devs were concerned about the market.

I think you're completely right. I'm arguing for my self benefit as a player here, but as a macro trend, you want to encourage the playerbase to participate in the market as much as possible.

Player optimization had a perverse effect in that instead of being nudged into using the market, some of us might delete our salvage or even recipes because the opportunity cost of taking the time to list it for 1 inf sometimes isn't worth it. This is probably an UX problem more than a design issue, in an ideal world we'd get contextual options like "list all white salvage on market for 1 inf".

We're already spoiled in getting 80 recipes instead of 20 or whatever the number used to be, thanks to the paid store stuff given for free.

On 7/23/2020 at 12:26 AM, nihilii said:

You can hold  almost 200 salvage, 80 recipes, cheap power to build at a table on the fly, can hold 70 enhancements in the tray, right click -> delete option for white that takes like a minute.  Keep on building until almost filling enhancements tray.

Can spend 2-3 mins at a time to hold crafted IO and 5 minutes  when you need to clean up the storage every couple of days.  Just need a a habit to do a little at a time, to keep the problem from blowing up out of control.  Like a horder, if its never done it it just builds up.  Easier to maintain over time than to deep clean once.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 2 weeks later

When salvage storage in the base started, each of the storage rack would hold 999 items of salvage. After a while, they reduced that to 100 and changed the salvage. When the game shut down, several bases had many racks full of 999 items of the old salvage. It was too much of a pain to convert it to the new salvage and you couldn't put the new salvage back since they still had more than 100 items in them.

I would like to see the following:

1. Increasing the storage per rack to a least 200. This way you don't have to increase the number of shelves in the base.
  2. Adding recipe storage to the base (like a tech book shelf or an arcane scroll shelf that holds recipes) - probably holding 25 recipes per shelf. This should count against the number of storage items you have in the base.
  3. The ability to add recipes to Vault Reserve - again, 25 recipes here.
  4. Add an account tab to the Vault Reserve so you can more easily transfer stuff between your characters.
  5. The ability to put salvage (100), recipes (25), and Inf (no limit) into the Account tab of Vault Reserve.

P.S. I added to this topic rather than create a new topic on the same subject.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 10:51 PM, Ukase said:

Just craft 'em and stash 'em, or sell 'em. How hard is that? It should be a habit you develop as you level. You park your character in Ouro at level 1 to get the Chronologist day job badge, so at level 10, you start getting rare recipes to drop after each completed mission. At the beginning of your next session, you head to your base, you pluck out the salvage you need from your storage racks, and craft and stash, or sell. Takes...3 minutes. 

I don't get it. If you can't be bothered, just stash 'em in the AH. We get over 100 slots there. 

Flipping.  If I wait a few days instead of crafting and selling every other day I can easily have over 200.  Would be nice to not have to move stuff over from the AH to my inventory several times. 

7 hours ago, HelenCarnate said:

Flipping.  If I wait a few days instead of crafting and selling every other day I can easily have over 200.  Would be nice to not have to move stuff over from the AH to my inventory several times. 

I can understand that - but for me, it's like laundry. I HATE doing laundry. But I hate doing LOTS of laundry more than a load every couple of days. I'd sooner craft the dozen or so decent dropped recipes (vendor the commons), and convert and stash or sell them 2x a day than do that to 200 recipes. 

I've got a 2nd badger working on creating inventions - so with my farmers on the other two accounts, this poor badge character has had to craft and convert about 60 recipes just in the past 3 hours. It's a chore. But, I make a lot of inf from it, so it's not that awful. 

Wish I could make money doing my laundry...