Incarnate Threads yo

kiramon

On my non farm characters, can't keep up with Incarnate threads - by vet level 17, I just don't have enough to finish some. Is there a good way to get this fast? (Do I just need to run DA stuff? Rerun heather townsend in Oro?)

Feels wrong to break down Emp merits into them ...

28 minutes ago, kiramon said:

On my non farm characters, can't keep up with Incarnate threads - by vet level 17, I just don't have enough to finish some. Is there a good way to get this fast? (Do I just need to run DA stuff? Rerun heather townsend in Oro?)

Feels wrong to break down Emp merits into them ...

The fastest way to get Incarnate threads is, believe it or not, Rikti mothership raids.  All of those Rikti that just keep spawning for you to take down, dropping Incarnate threads and Vanguard merits.

You can also use your farmers' emps. Convert 50 into a transcendent and email it to an alt on the same account.

Course, you might end up running into what I did where you create most of your characters on the primary acct while the 2nd acct with the main farmer is sitting on 4 transcendents in email that nobody on that acct needs.

13 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

You can also use your farmers' emps. Convert 50 into a transcendent and email it to an alt on the same account.

Course, you might end up running into what I did where you create most of your characters on the primary acct while the 2nd acct with the main farmer is sitting on 4 transcendents in email that nobody on that acct needs.

This is where I'm at in life.

I do have an extra 175 emp merits sitting around on my non-farm account, but still... 

I've been in your shoes, Kiramon. Trust me on that. I used to strive to get to t-4 for each slot - and still do, but now, it's not nearly as challenging, and here's why:

I've been badging with my latest 50. Not sure what possessed me, as I already have Ukase, my ice blaster with all the badges available, 1531. (no bug hunter, despite my best efforts) 

Made Ukase Fire 2 weeks ago, and already have over 1000 badges. But what has really made the difference has been Master of Incarnate Trials, and the Dark Astoria path. Just play your character, and everything else will take care of itself. 

For those that don't care for the details, don't sweat it. But if you want more detail - it's in the spoiler. 

Spoiler

Apex and TinMage also give out an incarnate award table, as does Number Six, out of RWZ. 

For each reward table, that's at least 20 threads I don't have to spend. 

And here's what I think has made the biggest difference. When I hit 50, of course I went to Mender Remiel and unlocked my alpha. But, in the pursuit of badges, I ended up doing several task forces: 
an MoITF (opted for the Nictus Fragment, worth 4 shards) Collected several shards along the way, a Master of Ms. Liberty that required a restart after facing Numina (not my defeat, for the record), and a Master of Barracuda. What these basically did was give me all the shards I needed for my t-3 alpha, and then some. I also did a red side tf for a notice which completed the t-3. 

Along the path I got several vet levels, and had lore and destiny unlocked before I'd even crafted anything. So..what I had was a lot of threads and a fair number of emps. So, I burned threads for commons, making all but Hybrid t-1. I didn't have any uncommons and opted to not use threads for that. 

Through the Dark Astoria path, got the uncommons needed, burned some emps for rares, and got my t-3 in lore and destiny, with Judgement and interface still at t-1. 

Did an MoDD, got a random rare and 4 random uncommons, plus another uncommon from the reward table. This helped get judgement, interface to t-2, and hybrid to t-2 as well. 

An Apex/TinMage gave me a rare for each, so, I was in pretty good shape as I still had 300 threads or so. 

3 MSRs and a hami raid (3 rounds) that gave me enough shards where all I'm waiting for now to t-4 alpha is next week's weekly, as I got the notice this week already. I've even upgraded shards to threads twice, mostly due to the hami raids and msrs. Shards and threads dropping from doing all the blue side task forces, not to mention vet levels for emps...

I'm now sitting on t-4 in all incarnate slots, plus a t-4 in rebirth, and working on incandescence, too. With 57 emp merits, too. (will likely pass those on to an alt, but only vet level 27 now, so more to add to that)

So I don't care what anyone says: If you play non-incarnate content, it makes no sense to use threads for your alpha - that's 360 threads that you won't be able to spend on the other slots, if you count the 8 emps for a rare, 3 emps for the uncommon to get your t-3. 

If you only do iTrials, then, of course, use threads, because you're not going to get shards doing iTrials. You can only work with what the RNG gives you. But if you do ITFs, using threads for alpha is just foolish, or the result of impatience or ignorance. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

*nods* Yep....

'Story of Harry's life, that. 

My farm-boy's sitting on a pile of Emps that could do a lot more good on other members of the crew, but they're all on my primary account while he's on the secondary. Oh well. 

What actually bothers me a whole lot more is not being able to transfer spare iBits (Arcane Cantrips and Worn Spellbooks and that kind of thing-) from one character on an account to another. Some of mine have ended up with so many random bits and pieces that they'll never use... It's a shame that they can't toss them to other characters of mine who COULD use them.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

3 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Its funny, the last incarnate thread I saw has disappeared...

Yeah what the hell happened to that thread? Not even locked, just nuked from orbit. It was turning into the usual drama we always see on threads of that type but I'd have expected some form of comment and a lock. Actually overall I'd really appreciate some word from the devs about where they think the game is with regards to incarnates and balance but they are probably wisely not touching the issue with a 10ft pole...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

*nods* Yep....

'Story of Harry's life, that. 

My farm-boy's sitting on a pile of Emps that could do a lot more good on other members of the crew, but they're all on my primary account while he's on the secondary. Oh well. 

What actually bothers me a whole lot more is not being able to transfer spare iBits (Arcane Cantrips and Worn Spellbooks and that kind of thing-) from one character on an account to another. Some of mine have ended up with so many random bits and pieces that they'll never use... It's a shame that they can't toss them to other characters of mine who COULD use them.

My Farmer has

T4 Hybrid

T4 Lore, T4 Lore, T4 Lore

T4 Destiny

T4 Judgement

T4 Interface

T4 Alpha

32 Emp merits

1824 Incarnate Shards

7517 Threads

like -_-;

Maybe I should just farm with this other character sitting in the farm... 

Edited by kiramon
  • Like 2