The Great Rare Salvage Sale - 6:30 Eastern - Sharp!

Troyusrex

Just thought I'd get the word out on this forum since anyone who reads these topics are someone I'm happy to help. As part of my big Super Pack/ATO sale I have over 40,000 brain storm ideas that have been converted to 2,000 rare salvage.

It's ALL going on sale starting at 6:30 pm eastern (22 minutes from now) at 5 inf each. Get some bids in and flip it for some great profit! 

Edited by Troyusrex
Clarity

50 minutes into it... the salvage is long gone. The converters are going quick. I’ve sold about 15K and another 15K are coming. I’ll have to email inf soon as I’m approaching the 2 Billion barrier.

When I started there were about 34K bids going at 75K. As of now there are 22.8K bids and the price is 52,221. 

Edited by Troyusrex
typo

Just sold out! That was a TON of fun... Surprisingly, only at the absolute end did I get the price below 50K (I saw one for 41,111) and the bids below 10K (I think 9995 was the lowest I saw!).

The biggest issue was that in getting influence you can only collect 32 items worth of influence and then you have to wait 35 or 40 seconds. Next time, I might have to split this between different accounts so I can get around this gap somewhat. 

I hope you all profited! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Troyusrex said:

The biggest issue was that in getting influence you can only collect 32 items worth of influence and then you have to wait 35 or 40 seconds. Next time, I might have to split this between different accounts so I can get around this gap somewhat. 

I keep a watch on the sold window and hit the Get Inf button when the count gets around 22.  Slows down the posting, but keeps me from waiting.

Edited by Ura Hero
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

You know what, @0th Power?  Let's schedule a date!  

Go ahead and put something in the Player Event Calendar here on the forums, and let's see how many of us will be willing to list Rare Salvage at 1 all at the same time.

Let's give it a few months?  So everyone can build up a surplus stock?

I say we just recruit here with just us ebil marketeers.  Try to get as many people as possible and drop it all at an undisclosed time.
I remember a group did that with luck charms back on live to prove that their price was correct and it wasn’t being manipulated as a lot of people claimed. 

4 hours ago, Troyusrex said:

I'm in as long as the number of outstanding bids stays below 20K. The problem with advertising something like this is that ebil marketers might flood the market with ultra low bids...

<shock>  We would never.   Wait, yes we would.  NM.  Carry on.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Troyusrex said:

I'm in as long as the number of outstanding bids stays below 20K. The problem with advertising something like this is that ebil marketers might flood the market with ultra low bids...

For what it's worth, about a year ago, the last 10,000 bids were all below 100k.

Who run Bartertown?

If I had a lot of rare salvage, like 20k, rather than sell them at 1 and give people thousands of really cheap rares to resell, I’d pick a price, say 400,000, and offer all 20k there.  That would be putting in a pretty solid cap and would put downward pressure on prices for a good long time.

Who run Bartertown?

On 8/4/2020 at 11:47 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

If I had a lot of rare salvage, like 20k, rather than sell them at 1 and give people thousands of really cheap rares to resell, I’d pick a price, say 400,000, and offer all 20k there.  That would be putting in a pretty solid cap and would put downward pressure on prices for a good long time.

Well, getting a very liquid commodity to sell out would be a rare and notable achievement! Certainly worth a few billion. The problem, of course, is that smart ebil marketers know this so they are prone to put in lots of low bids on certain items so they can flip and make a nice profit. 

Edited by Troyusrex

On 7/29/2020 at 5:44 PM, ImpousVileTerror said:

You know what, @0th Power?  Let's schedule a date!  

Go ahead and put something in the Player Event Calendar here on the forums, and let's see how many of us will be willing to list Rare Salvage at 1 all at the same time.

Let's give it a few months?  So everyone can build up a surplus stock?

I actually always list all my rare salvage for 1 inf.  However, most I’ve ever listed at a time is like 50.