Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

Ice Mistral SF - "It's raining cats and dogs" - Any AT

Saturday, 10/28/2023

We had 4 who signed up and 4 who arrived (the same four 😉)

HNuWOfK.jpg

SFkzU9D.jpg

Cel shading on this time for a more cartoony feel 😄 

Fill-in leader, @FrauleinMental presented as the fierce feline stalker, Liminal Pain
0kD4Oro.jpg

@Burnt Umber's Pepsis Regina, a tragic little wolf monster who packs a major domination
PkpVq23.jpg

Lone Wolfette, rarely-played stalker by @Midnyte

(My only claws character. Created for a cat theme a while ago. Repurposed into a wolf for this. I'm just not diggin' the stalker AT. I've always had trouble enjoying the playstyle. So I may roll a claws scrapper and see how I like the powerset on an AT that I already know I like. I have never leveled claws high enough to know if it's enjoyable at 50 and beyond)
UwUqvoj.jpg

A feline shapeshifting witch who masters over fierce beasts, Wyldebeasts Witch, mastermind by @Bananiac
m02HUam.jpg

Awaiting the beastly witch
grxTGrr.jpg

jPPnV63.jpg

Umber and I kept ourselves amused by exchanging holiday gifts
EDOsRbr.jpg

aby7Uls.jpg

989EpIe.jpg

The kitties and puppies are becoming more beastly...
tPCS1nF.jpg

... and sleepy
wWmwRB0.jpg

She has arrived!
AMpNdot.jpg

All the beasts have gathered
KyTlBmd.jpg

bzmNosg.jpg

2rcjlvz.jpg

And now the fun begins 😄 
cN4QrAi.jpg

INCkf38.jpg

We found the famous hole!
JV6EMjA.jpg

Comic rendering looks pretty cool here as we leap into the hole together. Zoom in on the Witch's wolves 😂 
Their teeny figures are adorable!
rMUGjpG.jpg

Beautiful, but deadly
kAIdGEM.jpg

We are familiar with rushing Mage Archus on this SF... but that's when we're 6 or 8 strong. We were four, but we were mighty and only team-wiped once! When he did the mid-battle summoning. 
H8vmQn5.jpg

5E0mn2F.jpg

Liminal Pain summoned her spider friend to help us out. Oh, and don't you love that shot of Witch's, Wylde Vinja... love that pose!
pDhVlq8.jpg

And here comes the white one, Wylde Verissa, again with the howling. 😄 Oh my, I just love it.
UXBRIZF.jpg

See what I mean, that Wylde Verissa.... she's a troublemaker! But she does good work. 😄 
Lwp5Kmn.jpg

We did really well for a small team with such limited variety of archetypes. It was positively beastly in all ways. Including Ban's dark heal that saved my ass more than a few times!

ipo0nEF.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11/4 - Mairenn MacGregor (Level 38-50 – Blue Side – Atlas Park) - "A Night at The Arcade" Your favorite, iconic video game character from any other pc/console/arcade game from your childhood or other game you play today - Any AT

11/11 - Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) - "Fatal Flowers" - Plant / Nature / Flowers / Bio costumes and powers

11/18 - Ernesto Hess (Level 25-30 – Blue Side: Striga Isle) - "World Domination" All Dominator team; Costume to look like one of the evil genius masterminds from the movies...Black-White-Red colored costumes

11/25 - Thanksgiving Break *unless peeps will be around! If so, let me know and I'll change it.

@TrixieKixx - Potato Dumpling - Rad Armor/Dark Melee Tanker, dressed as Princess Zelda

@FrauleinMental - Cosmique - Peacebringer, dressed as SHODAN (Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network) from System Shock

@MidnyteCloudy Mountain- Water/Pain Corruptor, dressed as a dragon from Advanced D&D: Cloudy Mountain on Intellivision II

@Burnt Umber TBD

Edited by TrixieKixx
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

11/4 - Mairenn MacGregor (Level 38-50 – Blue Side – Atlas Park) - "A Night at The Arcade" Your favorite, iconic video game character from any other pc/console/arcade game from your childhood or other game you play today - Any AT

I'll bring Cosmique - Peacebringer, dressed as SHODAN (Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network) from System Shock.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welcome back, Trixie! Hope you had a wonderful time in France and the UK!

And I fully expect you to show up here in Germany, next time you guys make it across the pond!

I'd like to register Lady Bayonetta (DP/Ninjitsu Blaster) for The Sewer Trial. Cannot promise to be there this saturday, though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

22 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Welcome back, Trixie! Hope you had a wonderful time in France and the UK!

And I fully expect you to show up here in Germany, next time you guys make it across the pond!

Thanks, @Bananiac! We had an amazing time on our Wine River Cruise...so much so that we've booked another one for the end of July/beginning of August 2025 on the Rhine River! And, we will have stops in Germany 🙂 Here's a description of our itinerary 😄 

CRUISE FROM : AMSTERDAM TO BASEL

Contoured by vineyard-clad hills and castles from yesteryear, the legendary Rhine captivates. Experience the allure of France’s Alsace region in its welcoming capital, Strasbourg, and its priceless gem, Colmar. Discover Breisach, rising above the vineyards of the Rhine, and Freiburg, one of Germany’s sunniest cities and gateway to the Black Forest. Fabled towns lost in time present you with the chance to taste local flavors—Rüdesheimer coffee and legendary German beer—and to touch history up close with guided hikes and bike rides. From Amsterdam’s colorful canals to the majestic Swiss Alps, journey into the heart of the destinations you visit.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 1:29 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Fun theme! Nothing pops right into my head for character. In the '90s I played FPSs like Wolfenstein, Doom, Heretic. All the Sierra adventure games, Kings Quest, Space Quest, etc. Oh and Leisure Suit Larry?! Side-scrolling 2D games like Commander Keen and Duke Nukem. No female icons there, but I'll come up with something. 😄 The character I want to bring is Crystal Moonstone - Stone/Stone Scrapper.

Have fun, Themers..... Last day of Halloween event if you want to scoop up any last-minute badges/rewards! Here is a scary costume to get you in the mood. 😄 

image.png.f7ad4145193f00bf19bb7a98817ca058.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Thanks, @Bananiac! We had an amazing time on our Wine River Cruise...so much so that we've booked another one for the end of July/beginning of August 2025 on the Rhine River! And, we will have stops in Germany 🙂 Here's a description of our itinerary 😄 

Woohoo..... I sense a Themer Meetup could become of this 😄 I have not been to Germany since 1987! When the wall was still up dividing West and East! I do have a trip planned in 2025 to Leeds Castle in England for my nephew's wedding, and after that I will take off on adventures still unknown. I'll have to check what month that is.

But that's 2025. Hopefully we can do Themer Meetup #3 in 2024 somewhere, somehow. My high school friend lives in Palm Springs and we're thinking of doing an Alaskan cruise for our 60th birthdays next year!

• Like 1

Hmm, I'm a a bit of a loss for this theme.  Oddly enough, I mostly play RTS/Grand Strategy or Explorer/Puzzler games, so I'm not really familiar with arcade game characters.  I have a Kin./Energy Stalker that could get dressed as a fighting game character but I'd need a suggestion/guidance for the costume.  I also have a Storm/Elec. Blaster, a Sym./Thermal Controller, or a Plant/Psi. Dom. I could bring, but again, I'd need help on figuring a costume out for any of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

Hmm, I'm a a bit of a loss for this theme.  Oddly enough, I mostly play RTS/Grand Strategy or Explorer/Puzzler games, so I'm not really familiar with arcade game characters.  I have a Kin./Energy Stalker that could get dressed as a fighting game character but I'd need a suggestion/guidance for the costume.  I also have a Storm/Elec. Blaster, a Sym./Thermal Controller, or a Plant/Psi. Dom. I could bring, but again, I'd need help on figuring a costume out for any of them.

I think what I'll do is make the "essence" of the costume. For example, I used to love playing Ms. Pac-Man, so I may do a yellow costume with a red bow in the hair. Or, maybe some type of archer costume for Link from Legends of Zelda...or a princess costume with elf ears for Zelda. I hope that helps! Take a look at the link below for inspiration!

https://www.spirithalloween.com/section/gaming/pc/1382/3812.uts

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

Played Starcraft? Sarah Kerrigan would be a nice fit for your Plant/Psi Dom. That's what I would do. I can send you a proposal, if you like 🙂

But don't get hung up on powersets. This is a costume party, and it is not about Arcade, but about gaming in general. 

Feel free to pick from any. It doesn't have to be immediately recognizable...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

I did a quick study on her:

My reference:

lK6TIyQ.jpg

My result:

WgA7Vjo.jpg

I am actually quite impressed with how well this turned out.

@Burnt UmberLet me know if you wanna use this, I can send you the costume file for quick reference. If you don't like it, I think I am gonna keep her 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bananiac said:

I did a quick study on her:

My reference:

lK6TIyQ.jpg

My result:

WgA7Vjo.jpg

I am actually quite impressed with how well this turned out.

@Burnt UmberLet me know if you wanna use this, I can send you the costume file for quick reference. If you don't like it, I think I am gonna keep her 🙂 

Wow, that's a great one!  And in fact, I'll take you up on that offer.  I can do the costume, I think (looks like organic armor parts with the dynasty chest piece?).  After this week's theme, feel free to use it yourself.

• Like 1

Yeah, feel free to use it to your liking. You are right about the pieces, should be pretty straightforward to do.

Looks like I will miss Theme Team tomorrow, though. Hope you have fun, I hate missing Sewer Trial, it's one of my favorites.

• Sad 3

On 10/31/2023 at 2:14 PM, Midnyte said:

Fun theme! Nothing pops right into my head for character. In the '90s I played FPSs like Wolfenstein, Doom, Heretic. All the Sierra adventure games, Kings Quest, Space Quest, etc. Oh and Leisure Suit Larry?! Side-scrolling 2D games like Commander Keen and Duke Nukem. No female icons there, but I'll come up with something. 😄 The character I want to bring is Crystal Moonstone - Stone/Stone Scrapper.

@TrixieKixx, For the Abandoned Sewer Trial, I changed my toon to ranged so she could have dragon wings.... because I remembered how much I loved "Advanced D&D: Cloudy Mountain" for Intellivision II when I was in college (mid '80s), so I made a dragon named Cloudy Mountain - Water/Pain Corruptor

I may be able to meet up at our 11:45 EDT gathering time for pictures and possibly start the trial, and then play as far into as I can before I have to leave.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

@TrixieKixx, For the Abandoned Sewer Trial, I changed my toon to ranged so she could have dragon wings.... because I remembered how much I loved "Advanced D&D: Cloudy Mountain" for Intellivision II when I was in college (mid '80s), so I made a dragon named Cloudy Mountain - Water/Pain Corruptor

I may be able to meet up at our 11:45 EDT gathering time for pictures and possibly start the trial, and then play as far into as I can before I have to leave.

Hopefully, we can pick up more people. I don't think we can do this trial with only three.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, TrixieKixx said:

Hopefully, we can pick up more people. I don't think we can do this trial with only three.

It's problematic with fewer than 4, since the force field generators need to be taken down with some synchronization.  (And, of course, putting enough damage on the Hydra.)

OTOH, it's not like the other WSTs this week are easier...MLTF and LRSF.

Edited by FrauleinMental
  • Thumbs Up 1

Abandoned Sewers Trial - Video Game Characters - Any AT

Saturday, 11/4/2023

Four players signed up

5tYcSwm.jpg

We recruited two more (then one had to leave before starting)  ---> me <--- 

cpHcFB1.jpg

Potato Dumpling, cutie-pie tanker dressed as Princess Zelda....
and a big welcome back to our hostess with the mostest, @TrixieKixx
kBf9en6.jpg

Cosmique, dazzling peacebringer by @FrauleinMental dressed as SHODAN
(Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network) from System Shock
mJcHY9P.jpg

@Burnt Umber created dominator, Queen of the Blades, representing
Sarah Kerrigan/Queen of Blades from StarCraft
2G0FdyW.jpg

@Midnyte's Cloudy Mountain, corruptor, in homage to all the little 2D dragons
battled in Advanced D&D: Cloudy Mountain on Intellivision II console
B49DHkU.jpg

@Tsoo appeared with his army, mastermind Tsooper Soldiers
4cLKSIp.jpg

Recruiting for more
VAkpcqT.jpg

I2ZqZXo.jpg

Cloudy Mountain must leave and bids farewell to the five who remain

Ys4gS9U.jpg

34 1/2 minutes later... voilà! I am super happy this was a success!

mVikHzD.jpg

An hour later...
2YjALkJ.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Abandoned Sewers Trial - Video Game Characters - Any AT

Saturday, 11/4/2023

Four players signed up

5tYcSwm.jpg

We recruited two more (then one had to leave before starting)  ---> me <--- 

cpHcFB1.jpg

Potato Dumpling, cutie-pie tanker dressed as Princess Zelda....
and a big welcome back to our hostess with the mostest, @TrixieKixx

Cosmique, dazzling peacebringer by @FrauleinMental dressed as SHODAN
(Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network) from System Shock

@Burnt Umber created dominator, Queen of the Blades, representing
Sarah Kerrigan/Queen of Blades from StarCraft

@Midnyte's Cloudy Mountain, corruptor, in homage to all the little 2D dragons
battled in Advanced D&D: Cloudy Mountain on Intellivision II console

I2ZqZXo.jpg

I am so glad you got enough people together to run this successfully! Still sorry to miss it, although we had great family fun at a local gaming convention!

I absolutely love what you came up with in costumes here (kind of as usual, but I am so impressed how this theme turned out specifically)! I usually don't comment a lot on individual costumes, but this time I have to.

@Burnt Umber Nice to see what you made with Sarah, I like your version even better! Power combo is great fun as well, I will go run mine a bit more, don't have enough Domis yet anyway 🙂 

ZELDA needs no explanation, you immediately recognize her! 

SHODAN is spot on as well! 

And great look on that little dragon lady from one of the I may say more "obscure" game systems! I love to see that this worked for you, and AD&D is shining through here easily.

That being said, let me add my contribution here, just because I think it would have fit in nicely:

Lady Bayonetta, Dual Pistols/Ninjitsu Blaster - she is one hell of a 1-Woman-Army!

ZQrQN55.jpg

FLXnHAP.jpg

2ZghS1F.jpg

That being said, we need a new powerset with Single Pistol + Blade powers!!!

Hope to see ya next week again, looking forward to see what you do with that next theme already!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bananiac said:

I am so glad you got enough people together to run this successfully! Still sorry to miss it, although we had great family fun at a local gaming convention!

Glad your clan had fun at your con.... that makes it worthwhile to miss our weekly event!

And great look on that little dragon lady from one of the I may say more "obscure" game systems! I love to see that this worked for you, and AD&D is shining through here easily.

Thanks. I knew it at the time that Intellivision was obscure. All my friends had Atari, somehow I had the alternative. (Alternative should be my middle name... it seems everything I've done or believed in life so far has been the alternative version.) I had fun looking up stuff about Intellivision, and evidently I wasn't the only one on the planet who had one! 😄 

The world map showed the mountain range to make your way through to the final mountain. Each mountain was entered as a level to clear before continuing. It was so much fun for me to research this game that I played 40 years ago! 😄 (and now I can hear the theme music in my head)

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Cartridge (Intellivision) screenshot: Overland  image.png.1ae54e9a6b26a466977daa5302f50bcf.png  image.png.3b3aef35857876fb3e0adb8e262091cd.png  image.png.dfb34842c826680b96165a1610b639ef.png

I got the 1983 version that bundled Burger Time with the console. Some say it's a better version than the arcade version. I had fun with it and got pretty good at it. Snafu was another I liked a lot.

BurgerTime    Snafu Longplay (Intellivision Game) - YouTube

Well thanks for the trip down memory lane! Now back to our modern 2-decade-old CoX! 😄 

That being said, let me add my contribution here, just because I think it would have fit in nicely:

Lady Bayonetta, Dual Pistols/Ninjitsu Blaster - she is one hell of a 1-Woman-Army!

She looks like fun, hope to meet her soon!

• Like 3

11/11 - Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) - "Fatal Flowers" - Plant / Nature / Flowers / Bio costumes and powers

Love this theme! It should be a fun one. I took inventory of my 100+ characters... some active, some name placeholders, and some powerset placeholders with no name yet! I discovered that across both accounts I have only TWO with Nature Affinity, both in their 30s, one MM and one corruptor. But amazingly, I have ZERO using Plant Control! So my goal is to make a new one for this. So I can be a female Bananiac when I grow up! 😄 (What is his secondary, btw?) I haven't decided on my secondary yet. Count me in with a plant controller, and I'll update once I've created her.

---------------------------

Update: She's ready. Meet Flora Volta - Plant/Electric Controller

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Nice to see what you made with Sarah, I like your version even better! Power combo is great fun as well, I will go run mine a bit more, don't have enough Domis yet anyway 🙂 

Thanks! But really you had done most of the legwork and I only built on the idea, so credit where credit is due.  I used some other pictures online to try to get the colors down; what amazed me is that organic armor costume set really does look inspired by Starcraft II (which came out around when that costume set did).  If you're curious or want to use it yourself, I attached a copy of the costume files I used for her.

And, I love the power combo too!  I've been playing her (off and on) since CoV launch.  Normally, she lives on Excel. under the name Philodendra but I had to rename her along with the server visit this week.

StarCrafted.powerCust StarCrafted.costume

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1