Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

11/4 - Mairenn MacGregor (Level 38-50 – Blue Side – Atlas Park) - "A Night at The Arcade" Your favorite, iconic video game character from any other pc/console/arcade game from your childhood or other game you play today - Any AT

11/11 - Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) - "Fatal Flowers" - Plant / Nature / Flowers / Bio costumes and powers

11/18 - Ernesto Hess (Level 25-30 – Blue Side: Striga Isle) - "World Domination" All Dominator team; Costume to look like one of the evil genius masterminds from the movies...Black-White-Red colored costumes

11/25 - Thanksgiving Break *unless peeps will be around! If so, let me know and I'll change it.

@TrixieKixx Ima Wallflower - Plant/Nature Controller

@Midnyte Flora Volta - Plant/Electric Controller

@Burnt Umber Marcor - Rad/Bio Brute

@Bananiac 'Shrooms - Spines/Bio Armor Brute

@Jaxman100 Red Vine - Plant/Storm Controller

Edited by TrixieKixx

On 11/6/2023 at 11:17 PM, TrixieKixx said:

11/11 - Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) - "Fatal Flowers" - Plant / Nature / Flowers / Bio costumes and powers

Choices, choices... I have actually quite a few toons that would fit here nicely...

As we already have 2 Controllers, I think I will come with another Brute: 'Shrooms - Spines/Bio Armor

Edited by Bananiac
  • Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Tarikoss SF - "Fatal Flowers" theme - Plant Control/Nature Affinity/Bio powersets

Saturday, 11/11/2023

I really had fun today among all the vines and spores and tangled masses of heroes we deftly defeated... hope everyone else did as well! Everyone who signed up was able to play, and we recruited Quest just before rolling.  (I forgot to check his global name... anyone know who the player is?)

BEQfHxK.jpg

dXkGPco.jpg

With the aid of tiny roots that Flora summoned to emerge from her fingertips, she was able to dictate in record time the pre-SF briefing
SOXoMM2.jpg

Now to frolic in the hills of Cap au Diable, practicing her powers while awaiting the rest of the Vegetation Troop
pdJsUuj.jpg

6u4ez6U.jpg

Our leader has arrived. Let the party begin. 🍃

O7rnQvU.jpg

Ima Wallflower, controller by @TrixieKixx has an exquisite look and compelling backstory
RmVRqRC.jpg

Flora Volta, controller by @Midnyte, feeling the effects of autumn already, as her anato-botanical physiology begins to mimic the colors of the nearby trees wherever she happens to be 🍂
ll4x72Y.jpg

WUjEwVw.jpg

@Burnt Umber brought a bio brute to the vegetation table with Marcor
iOP2XoL.jpg

In a super snazzy-scary vine-ish look, Red Vine by @Jaxman100
ZhY3OLU.jpg

Winner of most giggle-worthy chat of the day, bio brute 'Shrooms by @Bananiac
"With so few words, he said so much."
4wMNPlx.jpg

Ylbq6CU.jpg

8u4el7e.jpg

M42HRhe.jpg

1rD6N1X.jpg

And awaaaaaay we go!
hVnFmLn.jpg

RYI9A3t.jpg

V0iQX2r.jpg

Today was a lavish array of sights and sounds
53xBUzp.jpg

k0eTnxT.jpg

r4pWR4x.jpg

LQSXaoR.jpg

VJfmy5G.jpg

WqUEhRD.jpg

Trixie, there you go with that flower arm again! Such flair. 😍
i4dyyzq.jpg

I just love this whole SF, and this mission is no exception.... very customizable on how you run it.
(Fight your way through... or everyone fly around scouting... or mixture of both. Many options.)
9a930DB.jpg

Flora's squishy-assed self pleading for someone to teleport her so she could safely rezzzzzzzzz (thank you, btw)
aPhEfbh.jpg

'Shrooms was a riot today!
WrFcOJS.jpg

And Red Vine brought the dry wit, as usual
fA2gHhO.jpg

rn1wpGC.jpg

Xeorkn7.jpg

We got him to rise!
GkdNwiZ.jpg

And proceeded to keep him stormed, tangled, irradiated, thorned, shocked, and...most importantly, 'shroooooooomed!
Z6zAJfC.jpg

e3evJn2.jpg

GZpWCei.jpg

njKX6vG.jpg

hOmSQm0.jpg

PphP4kW.jpg

After we spawned the zombie invasion in Port Oakes, we were compelled to go fend them off!
Trixie and I logged on alt-accounts to bulk up the team to spawn the EBs. It worked really well, as usual!

But I was so busy alternating between both characters that I kinda forgot to take any pictures. 😮
I did find this one picture from my 2nd toon when she got there, but my screenshot UI was toggled off by mistake. Um, because, you know, ... zombieeeees.

lITQBOj.jpg

A little post-invasion coffee chat
(yikes, why does this suddenly feel creepy, as if they are *my* two alter-egos 😮)
bY7k96L.jpg

Oh and then look... found this one in my phone. Had totally forgotten about it. 😄

jul6Ytq.jpg

Which is cool for 2 reasons. 1) so I can show you guys my set-up. And 2) because I was able to zoom in to get a roster of the invasion team 🆒 😄 btw, Dazed Dreamz is Trixie's alt acct and Arctic Rain is Midnyte's (mine 😏)
IIRC, Roughshod Rod was @Zeke-something I can't remember. I recognized the global name when I saw it, just from being on the same team/league sometimes.
6yYtXJv.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 1

11/4 - Mairenn MacGregor (Level 38-50 – Blue Side – Atlas Park) - "A Night at The Arcade" Your favorite, iconic video game character from any other pc/console/arcade game from your childhood or other game you play today - Any AT

11/18 - Ernesto Hess (Level 25-30 – Blue Side: Striga Isle) - "World Domination" All Dominator team; Costume to look like one of the evil genius masterminds from the movies...Black-White-Red colored costumes

11/25 - Thanksgiving Break *unless peeps will be around! If so, let me know and I'll change it.

@TrixieKixx Whispered Rumors - Mind Control/Savage Assault Dominator

@Midnyte Glacial Harmony - Symphony/Icy Dominator

@Burnt Umber Baroness Abigail Masham - Plant/Psi Dominator

@FrauleinMental Whiskey River - Mind/Psi Dominator

@Milrop Great Dondini - Symphony/Sonic Assault Dominator

Cece: Casualty of War - Fire Control/Energy Assault Dominator

I R I S: Plant/Thorny Assault Dominator

Edited by TrixieKixx

On 11/6/2023 at 7:30 PM, Jaxman100 said:

Not sure if i'll be in town this weekend.  We had a death in the family so I haven't been home much the last few weeks.

I'm so sorry, Jax. I saw your messages in Theme Team chat after you had already left. Hugs to you and your family as you deal with this tragedy.

21 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Thanksgiving doesn't interfere in my Saturday on 11/25, so I'll be around. Count me in if we make a plan.

For the Hess TF, I made a new toon (my only living dominator), Glacial Harmony - Symphony/Icy Dominator

Looking forward to seeing all the pretty dom explosions!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2023 at 2:03 PM, TrixieKixx said:

I'lll try to bring Baroness Abigail Masham - Plant/Psi Dom.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2023 at 1:03 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Had a nice little weekend trip to Bourbon Country, which is fitting for my pick for this week:  Whiskey River - Mind/Psi Dominator.

I'm probably going to be online during Thanksgiving Break, but I'm all for keeping it informal.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, FrauleinMental said:

Had a nice little weekend trip to Bourbon Country, which is fitting for my pick for this week:  Whiskey River - Mind/Psi Dominator.

I'm probably going to be online during Thanksgiving Break, but I'm all for keeping it informal.

I have fond memories of visiting the Jack Daniels distillery when I lived in the south. Where did you go? I realize Kentucky is Bourbon Country, but I guess I lump all of the southern states together. LOL (except Florida, which has more migrants/tourists than southerners!)

23 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

I have fond memories of visiting the Jack Daniels distillery when I lived in the south. Where did you go? I realize Kentucky is Bourbon Country, but I guess I lump all of the southern states together. LOL (except Florida, which has more migrants/tourists than southerners!)

Kentucky.  Mostly Louisville, except for a nice long country drive out to the Maker's Mark distillery, about 1.5 hours from there.  It's my favorite bourbon distillery, but it's very out of the way and a bit of an adventure even with GPS.  (Or especially with GPS, which never gets it quite right.)

4 hours ago, Jaxman100 said:

Oh I've been to Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve, Four Roses, Evan Williams experience in downtown, Angel's Envy. We hit a few places every time we pass through.

Very cool! Maybe I'll make a travel tour of distilleries around the country. Like some people do with stadiums. I've already started doing it with observatories. I need to become a travel agent! P.S. I'm an Evan Williams girl!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jaxman100 said:

Oh I've been to Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve, Four Roses, Evan Williams experience in downtown, Angel's Envy. We hit a few places every time we pass through.

I did go to Angel's Envy this trip as well.  It seems like a good example of a new/modern distillery.  I did the "bottle your own" experience last time I was there, in 2019, but they've definitely remodeled since then.  Their bourbon selection is pretty limited, though, and a lot of the expressions they list on their website were limited runs that they don't make/sell any more.  (The gift shop only offered their flagship bourbon/port cask, the rye/rum cask, and they're pushing pretty hard with the single barrel version.)

Last time I was at Buffalo Trace (2019), I got a bottle of Blanton's for $60.  I haven't seen it for under $150 recently, it's rarely under $200, and the two bottles I saw at Justin's House of Bourbon were marked at $250 each.  (But Justin's is overpriced, more of a place to experience than a place to buy from.)

On 11/11/2023 at 8:03 PM, TrixieKixx said:

@TrixieKixx Whispered Rumors - Mind Control/Savage Assault Dominator

@Midnyte Glacial Harmony - Symphony/Icy Dominator

@Burnt Umber Baroness Abigail Masham - Plant/Psi Dominator

@FrauleinMental Whiskey River - Mind/Psi Dominator

@TrixieKixx Sign me up with Major Hydra - Mind/Dark Dominator. 1st time in a while that I created a brand new toon for Theme Team. Wasn't expecting such a lot of Mind Domination showing up this week  🤯🙂 

• Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

2 hours ago, Bananiac said:

@TrixieKixx Sign me up with Major Hydra - Mind/Dark Dominator. 1st time in a while that I created a brand new toon for Theme Team. Wasn't expecting such a lot of Mind Domination showing up this week  🤯🙂 

LOL...I accidentally took mine on a Hess TF last night. I may still bring her, but will look to see other options 🙂 

4 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

I did go to Angel's Envy this trip as well.  It seems like a good example of a new/modern distillery.  I did the "bottle your own" experience last time I was there, in 2019, but they've definitely remodeled since then.  Their bourbon selection is pretty limited, though, and a lot of the expressions they list on their website were limited runs that they don't make/sell any more.  (The gift shop only offered their flagship bourbon/port cask, the rye/rum cask, and they're pushing pretty hard with the single barrel version.)

Last time I was at Buffalo Trace (2019), I got a bottle of Blanton's for $60.  I haven't seen it for under $150 recently, it's rarely under $200, and the two bottles I saw at Justin's House of Bourbon were marked at $250 each.  (But Justin's is overpriced, more of a place to experience than a place to buy from.)

Wow when I see Blanton's in ND it's $50-55ish before tax.  I always pick one up when i see it.  I don't care for the wine cast finish from Angel's Envy but it's a neat location. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 7:38 PM, Midnyte said:

Winner of most giggle-worthy chat of the day, bio brute 'Shrooms by @Bananiac
"With so few words, he said so much."

Hey Midnyte, fantastic write up again! Thank you so much. 

You just missed my elaborate and well thought out bio which took me the weekend to prepare for 'Shrooms, so I don't want to withhold that here 😇

esMuiO6.png

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2023 at 8:57 AM, FrauleinMental said:

Well you know a heck of a lot more about bourbons that I do! All I know is I pour it into a glass and it tastes good. 😄 Maybe that's why I go for the cheaper names... Evan Williams, Revel Stoke, Rebel Yell, etc., because I can't detect a good bourbon from a bad one. I did splurge on a bottle of Brothers Bond when it came out, because I'm a Vampire Diaries fan, so I couldn't resist. 😄 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 7:20 PM, Jaxman100 said:

I have only ever drunk Woodford Reserve on planes! Also I think I bought a bottle once as a gift set that came with 2 old-fashioneds. I'm a sucker for barware! btw, you seem to know as much about bourbon as Fraulein!

On 11/15/2023 at 1:08 PM, TrixieKixx said:

LOL...I accidentally took mine on a Hess TF last night. I may still bring her, but will look to see other options 🙂 

Don't you hate it when you find yourself on a TF and don't know how you got there? haha! 😛
I've been playing Glacial Harmony all week and am actually enjoying it! I might start playing doms again! 

3 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Don't you hate it when you find yourself on a TF and don't know how you got there? haha! 😛

I presume that maybe bourbon was involved in this...? 😉 

• Haha 2

So whiskey talk: normally, I'm a Scotch drinker when I can splurge on it - either Macallan or, as a serious treat, Aberlour.  Here and there, I've tried to get into drinking bourbon but have yet to find one that I like.  I thought Bullet and Buffalo Trace were a bit too antiseptic for my taste.  Any suggestions for ones to try?