Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

On 12/30/2023 at 2:27 PM, TrixieKixx said:

1/6 - Apex / Tin Mage (Level 50 - Purple - RWZ) "Viva Las Vegas" – Any AT / Costume is something you'd wear in Vegas 
1/13 - Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) - "(Rare) Earth Force" – Any Stone/Earth powerset. Choose a costume to represent one of the Rare Earth Elements to give it a new twist. 
1/20 - Imperious (Level 35-50 - Purple - Cimerora) "Welcome to Valhalla" – Choose a powerset and costume from the Nordic Pantheon & Mythology (Mace/Elec/Storm as examples)
1/27 -  Penelope Yin (Level 20-25 – Blue Side: Independence Port) -  All Illusion Team (Controller or Dominator) / Magician costumes

I've been sick with flu alll week so haven't thought yet about who to bring to TinPex, but count me in. Tell me what AT would round out the team and I'll bring it!

Also, Trixie, looking forward to these fun themes this month. A couple of years ago I made an illusion controller in anticipation of this! She's still in her 20s so it's perfect. 🙂 
Super excited for the Valhalla theme too!!!

And what amazing news to wake up to this morning! We're playing a real game again! (partially facetious because it's been "real" to us all along 😄 ) but you know what I mean.

@Bananiac: "Elvish Impersonator"! That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! Very clever. 😄 

I am gradually feeling alive again, and will update tonight or tomorrow with my Vegas gal!

EDIT: @TrixieKixx: I'm bringing a scrapper. Luna Las Vegas - Staff/WP Scrapper

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thumbs Up 1

The optional badge goals for today:

Apex:

Drone Protector No police drones get defeated
Burden Bearer/Arm's Length No police drones were reactivated
Already Dead Defeat Battle Maiden in under 15 min

Tin Mage Mark II:

Hacker Click 8 devices w/in 30 seconds
Midnight Dodger What Dodges At Midnight Take no dmg from proximity mines
Kitty's Got Claws Defeat Neuron before Bobcat reaches 50%
Army of Neu Defeat 40 of Neuron's clones

I'll switch to my alt account's farm toon:  Radi-Flame - Rad/Fire Brute.  I had a server transfer fail with all the activity following the announcement, and now a whole bunch of characters (including my main) are trapped on Excel until the next server restart.

• Sad 2

Apex / Tin Mage Mark II TFs - Las Vegas costumes

Saturday, January 6, 2024

9LIEZSF.jpg

ejMY0SS.jpg

Potato Dumpling, tanker by @TrixieKixx
vPO7x9V.jpg

Radi-Flame, brute by @FrauleinMental
kHSvmrj.jpg

Tano Jax, blaster by @Jaxman100
f3RQTI7.jpg

Alichino, mastermind by @Burnt Umber
nKQm31V.jpg

Elvish Impersonator, controller by @Bananiac
EXUV97V.jpg

Luna Las Vegas, scrapper by @Midnyte
xziYylQ.jpg

First on the itinerary, Apex TF
87LVGQ6.jpg

AqvEZbP.jpg

5PjXDVr.jpg

ObtWYVr.jpg

EOahRM8.jpg

9l9tc4I.jpg

One of many rezzes by Elvish today
2sjyOPv.jpg

aFhWtIB.jpg

aSrTSbK.jpg

On to Tin Mage Mark II TF
MVA2x3z.jpg

teD1QVU.jpg

yd0B9rX.jpg

gL7HIDv.jpg

4zpO1IL.jpg

VsNkiWs.jpg

RDQrwfj.jpg

xH0ZsBw.jpg

VsYXWbi.jpg

v9U2R8E.jpg

These three worked hard today!
Xsw9ZL4.jpg

VFpkxqS.jpg

y1yYiH7.jpg

yosUbVF.jpg

jLdRBwb.jpg

Strategizing in the usual spot
hjOnIuY.jpg

B3t2yZU.jpg

And one more bit of fun.... Rikti invasion in Cap au Diable
mIWSVdX.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1/6 - Apex / Tin Mage (Level 50 - Purple - RWZ) "Viva Las Vegas" – Any AT / Costume is something you'd wear in Vegas 
1/13 - Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) - "(Rare) Earth Force" – Any Stone/Earth powerset. Choose a costume to represent one of the Rare Earth Elements to give it a new twist. 
1/20 - Imperious (Level 35-50 - Purple - Cimerora) "Welcome to Valhalla" – Choose a powerset and costume from the Nordic Pantheon & Mythology (Mace/Elec/Storm as examples)
1/27 -  Penelope Yin (Level 20-25 – Blue Side: Independence Port) -  All Illusion Team (Controller or Dominator) / Magician costumes

@TrixieKixx Crystal Golden - Stone Armor/Martial Arts Tank

@FrauleinMental Lanthanum Lethe - Illusion/Earth Dominator

@Burnt Umber Neodymium - Fire/Earth Dominator

@Midnyte Crystal Moonstone - Stone/Stone Scrapper

@Bananiac Yttrium Flare - Stone/Fire Tank

@Jaxman100 Greystone - Claws/Stone Scrapper

Edited by TrixieKixx

17 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

I've just rolled Golden Glitter - Illusion/Earth Dominator.  (And already level 25, just from 2 DFB runs and Posi 1+2.)

I rolled Crystal Golden and she's already at level 30 with 3 DFB runs, Posi 1 & 2, plus an MSR! 😄 Love that extra XP and all the people! We can get teams again!!! Woo hoo!

• Like 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

On 1/6/2024 at 1:55 PM, TrixieKixx said:

I'll bring Neodymium - Fire/Earth Dom.

Edited by Burnt Umber
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2024 at 1:55 PM, TrixieKixx said:

Interesting theme here! I didn't know what it meant until I researched the 17 rare earth elements from the periodic table. The disappointing thing is the colors are all so boring! Grey, white, beige, etc. Haha, so I may deviate from that a bit when I choose my element to represent. My character will be Crystal Moonstone - Stone/Stone Scrapper 

Friday night edit: Crystal Moonstone will be representing Erbium in all its pinkness 😄 

Edit: Here is the list if anyone needs a reference:

Lanthanum (La)
Cerium (Ce)
Praseodymium (Pr)
Neodymium (Nd) ----> @Burnt Umber chose this one!
Promethium (Pm)
Samarium (Sm)
Europium (Eu)
Gadolinium (Gd)
Terbium (Tb)
Dysprosium (Dy)
Holmium (Ho)
Erbium (Er) -----> @Midnyte
Thulium (Tm)
Ytterbium (Yb)
Lutetium (Lu)
Scandium (Sc)
Yttrium (Y) ----> @Bananiac

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Midnyte said:

The disappointing thing is the colors are all so boring! Grey, white, beige, etc. Haha, so I may deviate from that a bit when I choose my element to represent.

If it helps, I found that the refined versions had a more vibrant color selection.  Neodymium ends up purple/lavender once refined, for example.  I think on of them ended up a light blue color if that'd help?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2024 at 6:18 AM, Midnyte said:

Spotlight on Elvish Impersonator!

https://imgur.com/m9A6ijI

Make sure to click the unmute button before viewing!

A little less conversation, a little more action please! Thank you so much, @Midnyte! That is brilliant! 🤩

I wonder, can you emote the Phantom Army to dance like you can with the MM pets?

• Haha 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

20 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

If it helps, I found that the refined versions had a more vibrant color selection.  Neodymium ends up purple/lavender once refined, for example.  I think on of them ended up a light blue color if that'd help?

There are also various phosphates that come in all kinds of shiny crystals. Those should qualify too, if you like...

• Like 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 1/6/2024 at 7:55 PM, TrixieKixx said:

@TrixieKixx Crystal Golden - Stone Armor/Martial Arts Tank

@FrauleinMental Golden Glitter - Illusion/Earth Dominator

@Burnt Umber Neodymium - Fire/Earth Dom

@Midnyte Crystal Moonstone - Stone/Stone Scrapper

I plan to bring a Stone/Fire Tank I named Yttrium Flare for this. The name will probably not stay once I move on, but it's good enough for now 🙂 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/9/2024 at 6:58 AM, Bananiac said:

A little less conversation, a little more action please! Thank you so much, @Midnyte! That is brilliant! 🤩

I wonder, can you emote the Phantom Army to dance like you can with the MM pets?

@Bananiac You should bring him to the Costume Contest on one of the Shards (Torchbearer, Indomitable, Reunion) that's having them on Sunday! 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 10:01 AM, Bananiac said:

There are also various phosphates that come in all kinds of shiny crystals. Those should qualify too, if you like...

Ah, did not know that! I thought it was supposed to be one of the 17 "rare earths". Duh! ----->heads to costume creator

Silver Mantis SF - Stone/Earth powersets - Costumes portraying a Rare Earth Element

Saturday, January 13, 2024

This was a really fun theme! It was great seeing what everyone created. Some even took the extra step to include a matching name! And I caught two themed backstories.... let me know if I missed anyone, send me a screenshot, and I'll update your solo picture.

mfIdZL1.jpg

Ni5HkDU.jpg

Tanker, Crystal Golden by @TrixieKixx

(I just love your story about her! And I love all the fine details of her costume.)
0WuUNMc.jpg

Greystone, scrapper by @Jaxman100

(I really like your name. So classy with a hint of ancient, and definitely rugged.)
HUHfkcb.jpg

Lanthanum Lethe, dominator by @FrauleinMental
(Riveting story!)
X7Mhv4Z.jpg

Neodymium-60, dominator by @Burnt Umber
E8on3AQ.jpg

Scrapper, Crystal Moonstone by @Midnyte
nvFICvW.jpg

Yttrium Flare, tanker by @Bananiac

(That face!) 
ycVGnwH.jpg

Six rare earth elements
KWUV0Hg.jpg

AcFkHAQ.jpg

This map is always so interesting
GjZB33u.jpg

uscHNnE.jpg

Lethe's Decoys to Crystal Moonstone: "We'll show you how it's done!"
w4ogabn.jpg

fEuVGtJ.jpg

The Neodymium Imps were marvelous
8FnmwhY.jpg

qGTXvnO.jpg

nK7S1Z4.jpg

tHFt5Pv.jpg

w8E7Q5o.jpg

4yCifUU.jpg

WYfB6uA.jpg

0n6RlyC.jpg

JoXjnNE.jpg

Always fun and challenging to "lure" Duray out!
99pFThu.jpg

Id0EfVD.jpg

UsUTjTJ.jpg

He was melting like butter so we changed to Plan B: "Take him out here!"
YpYptVe.jpg

And Air Pirates/Pirate Hunters we became!
zmzMP8s.jpg

After the SF, some of us went in search of Rikti Invasions

FaFfpnF.jpg

@Lividus made a league

40MgAyo.jpg

Hdq9iwu.jpg

I really enjoy whacking away at those bombs!
s53A6OK.jpg

2WLcKcs.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@TrixieKixx Goddess Skadi - Ice/Ice Blaster

@Burnt Umber Horrere - Sonic/Cold Corruptor

@FrauleinMental Norn Embla - Plant/Nature CTRL

@Bananiac Verdant Valkyrie - WP/TW Tank

Tsoo - Tsookeeper - Beast/Nature MM

@Milrop Milrop - elec/elec blaster

CeeCee - Yavanna - Electric/Dark Armor Sentinel

@Midnyte Ingrid Stormhammer - Energy/Electric Brute

Edited by TrixieKixx

5 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

I'm bringing a nixie/näcken:  Horrere - Sonic/Cold Corruptor.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey folks!  Long time no see!  I've been running on different shards for the last three years or so, but with the influx of players, am returning, at least part-time, to Indom!  Are ya'll still running on Indom and will there be room for a little bit of me on the team sometimes?  I run another event in one of my SGs on Saturdays so I won't be able to make it every week but man, I miss Theme Team!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

2 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Hey folks!  Long time no see!  I've been running on different shards for the last three years or so, but with the influx of players, am returning, at least part-time, to Indom!  Are ya'll still running on Indom and will there be room for a little bit of me on the team sometimes?  I run another event in one of my SGs on Saturdays so I won't be able to make it every week but man, I miss Theme Team!!

We have missed you too, Emmy, and yes we are going strong every week! We had Themer Meetup #2 last June with me, Trixie, and Bananiac in California! We'd love to have your humor, knowledge, skills, and friendship.... even if only occasionally. Sign up anytime!

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 1