Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

On 8/31/2024 at 1:29 PM, FrauleinMental said:

7 Sep is Full in celebration of one of Rich's original themes!

This is amazing! I am so happy to be part of this for these 4+ years. And since we kind of skipped over our customary anniversary event in July this year, I propose that this weekend be our Official Four Year Anniversary event! I personally have loved having this solid activity to look forward to and plan for, amongst the trials and tribulations of IRL stuff over the years. ♥

• Like 3
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

I managed to level her in time; I will be on Xanthia - Mercs/Cold MM.

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

8 hours ago, Midnyte said:

This is amazing! I am so happy to be part of this for these 4+ years. And since we kind of skipped over our customary anniversary event in July this year, I propose that this weekend be our Official Four Year Anniversary event! I personally have loved having this solid activity to look forward to and plan for, amongst the trials and tribulations of IRL stuff over the years. ♥

Like a hero(ine) who shows up in our darkest hour, this game reappeared just in time for the Dark Times.  It's also gotten me through two interstate moves (and job changes).

You got me reminiscing and going back through the early pages of the thread.  First appearance:  3 Oct 2020 with Coffee Ring for the Gloomy Boomy theme (Dark, Ice Mistral SF).  (A week later was the Food and Drink Costume Contest, where she got a runner-up title.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 Sep - Soul of the Woodsman (Numina, Level 35-40) - NuMMina TF (one of Rich’s original themes from page 1 of this thread!)

14 Sep - Cavern of Transcendence (Karsis, Level 12-15) [last Theme Sep 2022] (Note: Unlock required for leader) - “Pinball Wizard” - Kinetics or Kinetic Melee powerset

21 Sep - Terra Volta Respec #2 (James Harlan, Level 34-43) [never done in Theme Team] - Oktoberfest - Beer (Water) powers, Oktoberfest costumes

28 Sep - Positron 1+2 (Level 8+) - THEM!  All insect motif (another of Rich’s original themes from page 1 of this thread!)

Signups for 14 Sep:

1. @FrauleinMental Bug Sapper - Kinetic Melee / Electric Armor Brute (trial unlocked)
  2. @Burnt Umber Super-Radiance - Kin./Energy Defender
  3. @TrixieKixx QT Pie - Kinetic Melee / Energy Aura Stalker
  4. @TraumaTrain Squiggly Marks - Kin Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper
  5. @TygerDarkstorm Glitched Out - Electric/Kin Controller
  6. @Midnyte TBD
  7. @Jaxman100 Bourbon neat - Ar/Kin Corr
  8. ??

I'm still tracking signups for "An Arachnos Shardtober" (Dr. Q 40+, others 44+, all VEATs), but on last week's post just to keep it in one place.

Edited by FrauleinMental
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

14 Sep - Cavern of Transcendence (Karsis, Level 12-15) [last Theme Sep 2022] (Note: Unlock required for leader) - “Pinball Wizard” - Kinetics or Kinetic Melee powerset

I'll try to bring Super-Radiance - Kin./Energy Defender.

• Like 1

@FrauleinMental I hope to be there on Glitched Out - Electric/Kin Controller

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 9/7/2024 at 1:18 PM, FrauleinMental said:

7 Sep - Soul of the Woodsman (Numina, Level 35-40) - NuMMina TF (one of Rich’s original themes from page 1 of this thread!)

21 Sep - Terra Volta Respec #2 (James Harlan, Level 34-43) [never done in Theme Team] - Oktoberfest - Beer (Water) powers, Oktoberfest costumes

28 Sep - Positron 1+2 (Level 8+) - THEM!  All insect motif (another of Rich’s original themes from page 1 of this thread!)

Signups for 14 Sep:

1. @FrauleinMental Bug Sapper - Kinetic Melee / Electric Armor Brute (trial unlocked)
  2. @Burnt Umber Super-Radiance - Kin./Energy Defender
  3. @TrixieKixx QT Pie - Kinetic Melee / Energy Aura Stalker
  4. @TraumaTrain Squiggly Marks - Kin Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper
  5. @TygerDarkstorm Glitched Out - Electric/Kin Controller
  6. ??
  7. ??
  8. ??

I searched across both accounts and found only ONE kin toon! A kin/energy brute who just so happens to already have the badge! but put me down as #6 and I'll update here. I may make a new one and get to L12. 🙂 

Wed night edit: @FrauleinMental: Say hello to the all-new Arctic Swirl - KM/Ice Scrapper !

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

I searched across both accounts and found only ONE kin toon! A kin/energy brute who just so happens to already have the badge! but put me down as #6 and I'll update here. I may make a new one and get to L12. 🙂 

That's what I ended up doing--I made a new toon for this month's themes, since I'd never played kin melee before and didn't have an insect toon.

• Like 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

On 8/31/2024 at 1:29 PM, FrauleinMental said:

On the horizon, October is a month-long theme: “An Arachnos Shardtober” (Arachnos invasion - All VEATs), running through all four Shadow Shard TFs as they rotate into WSTs. 

Since there's been a request for signup for "An Arachnos Shardtober" (Dr. Q 40+, others 44+, all VEATs), I'll start tracking those as well:

I have VEATs of all 4 flavors and will decide each week who to bring. The top 3 are L50 with the fort lagging behind in her 30s right now but could be in range in time.

Forever Midnight - Night Widow
Lady Longfang - Crab Spider
Nytetmayre - Bane Spider
Mindgazer - Fortunata
Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Midnyte said:

I have VEATs of all 4 flavors and will decide each week who to bring. The top 3 are L50 with the fort lagging behind in her 30s right now but could be in range in time.

Forever Midnight - Night Widow
Lady Longfang - Crab Spider
Nyghtmayre - Bane Spider
Mindgazer - Fortunata

I ended up just doing two builds on the same Widow - one as an unkillable Night Widow and the other as a super damage dealer Fortunata. Both builds combined easily cost me over a billion inf 🫠

36 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I ended up just doing two builds on the same Widow - one as an unkillable Night Widow and the other as a super damage dealer Fortunata. Both builds combined easily cost me over a billion inf 🫠

That was my strategy too when they first came out with the multiple build option on live, but with today's fast leveling and unlimited name change options, I decided to just make them each their own path.

In 2019 on Homecoming, my night widow was a given to recreate, and in the old days she did have a second fortunata build that I rarely played. I meant to do the same this time around, but then one day I was cleaning up toons I found on other servers to transfer them all to Indomitable, and I found a level 12 widow on Torchbearer that had teamed once with my daughter the very first week of Homecoming. I decided to bring here over here and make her a dedicated fortunata. That way I don't have to mess with name changing or story changing or build changing. And here we are. 😁

Really a great option though if someone does not want to level up two completely separate characters.

• Like 1

Karsis trial - Kinetics powersets

Saturday, Sept 14, 2024

QJfgN99.jpg

We had 7 players sign up, and were able to recruit @Purple Enchantress for full team
UCMZpim.jpg

@FrauleinMental led the shebang with brute, Bug Sapper
yfEMk2I.jpg

Bourbon Neat, corruptor by @Jaxman100
m8A9Dso.jpg

Our founder, @TraumaTrain with scrapper, Squiggly Marks
8p32u8R.jpg

Controller, Glitched Out, by @TygerDarkstorm
1swzeKj.jpg

Super-Radiance, defender by @Burnt Umber
Aicb8gw.jpg

Arctic Swirl, scrapper by @Midnyte
lnVsoxo.jpg

@TrixieKixx brought stalker, QT Pie
ivCWoVb.jpg

MvHxLhd.jpg

Lost internet for a second, I really need to get a UPS backup! I missed the transport but fortunately was able to log right back in and rejoin!

ZzeVUyU.jpg

Jumped right into battle after re-joining and did not realize my UI was off. Got some great action shots but nobody is labeled. You know who you are!
1k7lWpB.jpg

GPiEovn.jpg

HJxnRqe.jpg

"Get your filthy paws off me, you damned dirty Pumicite!"
Yyczre4.jpg

T55UU9m.jpg

MQAEU8x.jpg

Doing his squiggle thing!
qaZ3kGy.jpg

fAri6nz.jpg

GicPc05.jpg

aFWLwvC.jpg

Lots of swirlin' and squigglin' to take these rock dudes down
qUXbvtQ.jpg

2eeMW11.jpg

lDt9fq6.jpg

ziqkckC.jpg

pWN3Aeg.jpg

BXJsjY8.jpg

~ The End ~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Microphone 1

Signups for 21 Sep:

1. @FrauleinMental Wake Monster - Beer/Kin Corruptor
  2. @TygerDarkstorm Captain Barkbeard - Arsenal/Beer Affinity Controller
  3. @TrixieKixx Kailani Bayou - Storm Summoning/Beer Blast Defender
  4. @Burnt Umber Oni - Ninja/Beer Affinity MM
  5. @Midnyte Ocean Goddess - Beer/Regen Sentinel
  6. @Purple Enchantress TBD - Marine/Water Def
  7. ??
  8. ??
Edited by FrauleinMental
  • Thanks 2

@FrauleinMental Sorry, I changed my mind. I'm going to bring Captain Barkbeard - Arsenal/Beer Affinity Controller

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
Change character
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

I'll try to bring Oni - Ninja/Beer Affinity MM.

Also, if folks are up for it, can we please do a second run of the same trial?  I have a controller that needs the badge but can't quite fit the theme.

• Like 3