Mercs/?

JnEricsonx

There were these recent threads that you can look at. 

However, I highly recommend picking a different primary.  Mercs is the worst MM primary, hands down.  

There is only one powerset in the whole game that I would consider to be in such a poor state that it is not worth playing and that set is Mercs.  

• Like 1

• Retired Developer

Once upon a time I remember a villain that was Mercs/Poison, and TBH he was a beast. I can't recall the name though.

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

Of those choices, Traps is far and away the best, with Dark also decent. The main thing is to keep mobs away from you since Mercs use cones for AoEs... so you want a set with a good Slow. Caltrops is the best because in addition to slowing the mobs, it makes them retreat, keeping them out of melee and at good cone range. It's very good outside of that also, but so is Dark (which also has a Slow)... but the main thing is that it combines melee protection with bunching mobs up at the far edge of Caltrops.

I would just go the traps tankermind approach..  Defense cap and Provoke. 

First of all, I only group on my merc/ff.  since the ranged pets change it has been quite fun.

Bubbles is ok with serious IOing and dependent on the Def Auras

Dark is tried and true.  slot for tohit debuff, slot those def aura IOs.  call yourself shadowshots or shadowshotz or whatever the namegame is on your server

Mercs just dont synergize well with anything and i only had fun with /ff