Ouro Mission Badges?

KC4800

Didn't running flashback missions with difficulty options set used to give badges? I recently ran a small 2 mission arc with the "enhancements have no effect" option clicked, completed it, and expected a badge. Was I wrong? Is this broken? Was it turned off?

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I believe the arc in question needs to be one that would award a souvenir and not just a quick badge mission.  They definetly still award their badges, as I use the Atlas Park/Mercy Island intro arcs t farm the 1-15 tiers, and "The Strange Case of Benjamin A. Decker" for the level 50 set.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Im talking about these badges:

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Ouroboros_Badges

I should have gotten the Devalued badge but did not. It was a level 45 arc, the outdoor map with the Hydra mobs, then you run to Dr Sheridan, who covers you in slime, then you go back and clear the map again.

• Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Yes, pretty sure ZorkNemesis understood you perfectly.

As he pointed out, any mission that grants a badge itself, does *NOT* count for Ouroboros challenge badges.

I believe the arc you're describing is "The Hydra Dimension" from Tina McIntyre.

That arc awards the Multidimensional exploration badge.  Therefore, the arc is not eligible for Ouro challenge badges.

P.S.  The flashback challenge badges are working perfectly.  I have about a third of them so far.

Edited by Ironblade

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Ah..thanks for clarifying. I just didn't understand there were stipulations. 

On 9/2/2020 at 1:26 PM, Ironblade said:

As he pointed out, any mission that grants a badge itself, does *NOT* count for Ouroboros challenge badges.

Not quite true.  Some of the newer arcs award badges for completion and still count as arcs for Ouro badge purposes.

In order for an arc to award the Ouro badges, it has to give you a book icon next to the contact if you were to do it the old-fashioned way.  There might be some exceptions but that's the general rule.

On 9/2/2020 at 5:35 AM, ZorkNemesis said:

I believe the arc in question needs to be one that would award a souvenir and not just a quick badge mission.  They definetly still award their badges, as I use the Atlas Park/Mercy Island intro arcs t farm the 1-15 tiers, and "The Strange Case of Benjamin A. Decker" for the level 50 set.

For future reference, you can get the level 50 badges from the Dark Astoria intro arcs.  No fighting required.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eva Destruction said:

For future reference, you can get the level 50 badges from the Dark Astoria intro arcs.  No fighting required.

Although you do need to run around Dark Astoria a couple of times with no travel powers, which is certainly exciting.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

6 hours ago, Eva Destruction said:

Well that's no fun, maybe I want to fight Arachnos and Rikti while severely underpowered.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 9/2/2020 at 12:26 PM, Ironblade said:

Well...that's a summation I could have used last year! I knew the one mission "arcs" from ouro didn't count. It never occurred to me to make the connection on badge arcs not awarding ouro badges.