PSA: Posting Builds

Lockpick

1 hour ago, Twisted Toon said:

Also, it would be nice if you used the spoilers function to maybe not take up 10  miles of screen space.

Thank you!  This was going to be my addition to the topic.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

It would also help if you tell us what your goals are for your character!

RP, solo Hami, something in between?

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Well, if we're gonna go PSA, lets go full tilt for new comers:

This is your icon to drop Spoilers into your posts: image.png.35d5ca2464d4533afb3496b0ac4eb8fa.png

It is accessible for the added tools function on mobile when replying just the same as it is on Desktop (there's a little extended menu with the icon if you have shrunk menus).

You can multi-quote folks by hitting the "+" next to "quote" image.png.059205ec51684e8a9264ca9487c84c22.png and it'll stack those quotes up across multiple pages until your finally get to your reply box and hit "insert".

You can also quote just a specific section of another person's response by just selecting/highlighting the part you want and waiting a second, a box will show up: image.png.c9f0d8eec31e55d94258c9ca339ed4d6.png and this even works on mobile, so cool!

When you add an image to your post, you can also edit its size and such by "CTRL+Right Click" on the image itself: image.png.90920fcee145d4d86349bceb0d5aea01.png

(look, this post is getting so meta!)

You can also link to things in very interesting ways, one by just pasting a link into the reply box and hitting enter, if it's within the forum, or a link to a video it'll insert it as a special box (or the video itself) automatically (works on mobile too). If you'd rather have a clean link, or want to cut out the whole "http...blah" nonsense for non-specialty linkage, you can link any or all of your text by highlighting it and clicking this icon: image.png.67006540e85a4e4981e15dbc53effbd1.png which will auto-fill your chosen text and make adding links easier without worrying about formatting or errors as you type.

Because some folks don't see it there, or are unfamiliar with it, you can also give a thanks or other consideration to a post that lets someone know via the notifications that you've acknowledge their response and you've read it even if you don't reply with this: image.png.a9df8688c09e4765d2de31913ba1a9c9.png

Yes it does link to the reputation system, which is besides the point. I personally find it a nice convenient way to just give acknowledgement without going through a post that amounts to "uh, yup/agreed/thanks"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4