merit cost info on enhancement pages

AboveTheChemist

I've been working my way through the enhancement set pages, mostly to update set bonuses where needed, as well as to create pages for missing sets and missing enhancements.

I noticed that some of the enhancement pages contain historical information on merit cost. I agree that there are cases where it is important to retain historical information from pre-HC conditions, and I also know that different users have different standards for what should and should not be retained. This is a fairly typical merit cost section:

templates_1.png.2cdba23d61a9f5a3feae334be22e2144.png

I personally don't think the pre-HC merit values of these recipes/enhancements meets the threshold of information that is historically valuable.

In the above case, I would propose removing the reference to alignment, astral, and empyrean merits altogether, and I would propose modifying the reward merit template so that it simply lists the current reward merit cost of the recipe. Should a user ever need the historical data, it is available via the page history and/or the paragon wiki archive. But, I thought it best to solicit other opinions before making the change myself.

• Like 1

This template was changed by Thunderforce on a temporary basis according to the revision history for the Merit Cost template, relevant changes here, just so the wiki wasn't claiming it was the current cost and showing totally incorrect info, rather than for any historical preservation. That kind of info is definitely best left for the Paragon Wiki Archive. I would say feel free to update them, and I agree no reason to use those Alignment/Astral/Empyrean Merit templates since they're of no use at the moment and just clutter the page with pointless non-information.

Edited by Aberrant
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

After some thought, I'll probably leave Thunderforce's edits to the merit reward template in place until I have a chance to update all the merit amounts. I plan on doing that as part of my overall overhaul of the set bonuses and related info, and that is likely to take me quite some time to complete (at least a month, and maybe more). Once I have all the merit reward amounts updated, I'll update the merit reward template to reflect that the current costs are accurate.

• Like 1