Buff Resurrect

Vanden

I've been playing a Nature Affinity character lately, and that 45-foot range that Rebirth gets is amazing. Not having to venture into the instant-death zone to revive someone that got splattered is a revelation. Since Resurrect does nothing besides get the target back on their feet, unlike all the other primary/secondary rezzes in the game, how about giving it more range, too? And maybe reduce the recharge, too.

• Like 1

I rarely take Rez as a power. But to me it seems one of those high rewards high risk powers.  Bringing someone back  from being down with full health with some awesome buffs(depending on the class you Rez with). 

Things you can try.

-recall friend (RF needs some playtime)
 -fly by Rez. Zoom by with Travel power with Rez Q’ed 

-stealth + Stealth IO.

I would love to see it give some kind of splash buff to your other teammates. +def to who’s around the body when it gets Rez’d. Something like this. 

Edited by Hops4

9 hours ago, Hops4 said:

Things you can try.

-recall friend (RF needs some playtime)
 -fly by Rez. Zoom by with Travel power with Rez Q’ed 

-stealth + Stealth IO.

Man, I know all the tricks. I come here before you, a veteran user of the tricks, and I say to you: more range on the rez is just better.

• Thanks 1

On my empathy, I don't take resurrection, it's of no use to me, as I won't need it as long as my teammates have some modicum of common sense.

It would be better in my opinion if you could alternatively use it as a super buff to defense/recharge speed while your target is alive, otherwise function as a Rez while they are defeated. That way the power could actually be useful for when you have not failed.

7 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

On my empathy, I don't take resurrection, it's of no use to me, as I won't need it as long as my teammates have some modicum of common sense.

What

Why would you roll an Empathy character if you expect MMO teammates to act smart

18 hours ago, Vanden said:

Man, I know all the tricks. I come here before you, a veteran user of the tricks, and I say to you: more range on the rez is just better.

Try the incarnate Rez then. You get 2 people with a little bit more range

I would agree to buffing.  Seems odd to me (and speaking as a long time offender type) odd that Resurrect provides so little benefit to either the target or team compared to other Resurrection powers in such a buff/healing focused set.  Resurrect falls just behind usefulness to an Empath and team as Elude is to an /SR.  I very rarely take it on my numerous Empaths.  Between combining inspires, self-Rezzing powers, hospital (+ease of returning to the battle after use), temp/p2w powers, etc., it's basically a sacrificial (or concept driven) power pick when taken.

That said the recharge/cool down would need a pretty fair reduction if range was the only other aspect modified for it to become something other than a concept power choice.  I usually recommend placing a endred in the power if taken as the end cost is substantial (26).  Maybe include end cost in any buff to Resurrect.

Rez powers in general need a look-see IMO. The best by far is howling twilight as it is a massive Mez / Debuff attack that also happens to AoE rez, giving it great utility. Defiblerate also has similar dynamics where it has a sleep/end drain component + rez for Elec Affin. Powers that just bring you back... while nice... are sort of left behind now where wakies are common / you can zoom back from the hosp at lvl 4.